You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official September 18, 2014 MCAT Thread
Started by litokhmaikid
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SameToo scared to look.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Test Date: 9/18/14
Time: 1pm
FL AAMC Average 9/10: 32.5
Post-test expected score: 32?
Actual Score - 29 (8/9/12
Super bummed and will be retaking
Time: 1pm
FL AAMC Average 9/10: 32.5
Post-test expected score: 32?
Actual Score - 29 (8/9/12
Super bummed and will be retaking
TPR Average: 28-30
Post-test expected score: 10/8/10 (my previous score)
Actual Score: 11/9/14 (34)
I'm freaking ecstatic. I scored nowhere near this range on my practice tests. I couldn't do AAMC because I did it on the first time around.
Post-test expected score: 10/8/10 (my previous score)
Actual Score: 11/9/14 (34)
I'm freaking ecstatic. I scored nowhere near this range on my practice tests. I couldn't do AAMC because I did it on the first time around.
Test Date: 9/18/14
Time: 1pm
FL AAMC Average: ~30
Post-test expected score: (PS/V/BS) - Don't even remember, I think I may have posted about this and given numbers, I'll go back and check but I did walk out confident, and slowly I started to convince myself it was just false confidence lol. However, it did feel like just another AAMC practice test to me.
Actual Score: (PS/V/BS) 11-10-11 (32)
I'm happy with my score. I know it's not amazing, but I worked hard for it, and I worked hard under not the best circumstances at times. So I am proud of myself. Also thank goodness it's balanced lol. Will post more later, have to get back to work!!
Anyways, I hope it went well for everyone! Keep your heads up no matter what. Thanks everyone on this thread for providing such a supportive and comforting environment. Wish y'all the best and look forward to reading how awesome y'all did 🙂
Time: 1pm
FL AAMC Average: ~30
Post-test expected score: (PS/V/BS) - Don't even remember, I think I may have posted about this and given numbers, I'll go back and check but I did walk out confident, and slowly I started to convince myself it was just false confidence lol. However, it did feel like just another AAMC practice test to me.
Actual Score: (PS/V/BS) 11-10-11 (32)
I'm happy with my score. I know it's not amazing, but I worked hard for it, and I worked hard under not the best circumstances at times. So I am proud of myself. Also thank goodness it's balanced lol. Will post more later, have to get back to work!!
Anyways, I hope it went well for everyone! Keep your heads up no matter what. Thanks everyone on this thread for providing such a supportive and comforting environment. Wish y'all the best and look forward to reading how awesome y'all did 🙂
Test Date: 9/18/14 Time: 1 PM
FL AAMC Average (9-11): ~36 PS (13-15), VR (10-11) BS (11-14)
Post-test expected score: 34 (14/10/10)
Actual Score: 32 15/8/9
I feel kind of depressed since its below my average. But hey everything in life happens for a reason. and as long as I am accepted into any medical school I can live with it.
FL AAMC Average (9-11): ~36 PS (13-15), VR (10-11) BS (11-14)
Post-test expected score: 34 (14/10/10)
Actual Score: 32 15/8/9
I feel kind of depressed since its below my average. But hey everything in life happens for a reason. and as long as I am accepted into any medical school I can live with it.
I haven't checked yet. I'm scared.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am so sorry for your loss. I am in complete admiration of your strength and perseverance and I'm confident you'll achieve your dreams.7/4/8 - 19 overall. Mom died day before the exam. I have no idea why I didn't void...I was in this crazy idea that I should just go for it. Will be retaking before the new exam obviously but feeling pretty hopeless right now.
Test Date: 9/18/14
Time: 1pm
AAMC Average: 32.125 with a 28 outlier (range: 28-35)
Post-test expected score: 27-32. I predicted about a 30% chance of scoring 30+.
Actual Score: 11/10/12 - 33
I started studying again 2-3 days after the test date because I felt so bad about it. What a lot of people on here have said before is totally true - even though you may feel like the exam killed you, still expect to score around your AAMC average. I'm so happy to finally be done with the MCAT, and hope you guys got the scores you were looking for as well.
Time: 1pm
AAMC Average: 32.125 with a 28 outlier (range: 28-35)
Post-test expected score: 27-32. I predicted about a 30% chance of scoring 30+.
Actual Score: 11/10/12 - 33
I started studying again 2-3 days after the test date because I felt so bad about it. What a lot of people on here have said before is totally true - even though you may feel like the exam killed you, still expect to score around your AAMC average. I'm so happy to finally be done with the MCAT, and hope you guys got the scores you were looking for as well.
How were the curves?
I think they were pretty fair. I found verbal and bio very difficult but scored around my averages in both sections.
Really sorry for your loss. Oh man that is hard. It shall be well7/4/8 - 19 overall. Mom died day before the exam. I have no idea why I didn't void...I was in this crazy idea that I should just go for it. Will be retaking before the new exam obviously but feeling pretty hopeless right now.
7/4/8 - 19 overall. Mom died day before the exam. I have no idea why I didn't void...I was in this crazy idea that I should just go for it. Will be retaking before the new exam obviously but feeling pretty hopeless right now.
Wow, I'm so terribly sorry. I hope things work out for you.
I haven't checked yet. I'm scared.
Have someone check it for you, it will ease the anxiety.
7/4/8 - 19 overall. Mom died day before the exam. I have no idea why I didn't void...I was in this crazy idea that I should just go for it. Will be retaking before the new exam obviously but feeling pretty hopeless right now.
Very sorry for your loss. I couldn't imagine what you're going through.
I am so sorry for your loss. I am in complete admiration of your strength and perseverance and I'm confident you'll achieve your dreams.
Thank you very much. I just hope this isn't the end for me, and hope that there's some way that I can have another chance at this.
I haven't checked yet. I'm scared.
I'm also joining the ignorance is bliss club.
Eh. Wish I did better, and hopefully it's good enough for some schools, but here it is:
PS: 11, VR: 9, BS: 8 = 28
PS: 11, VR: 9, BS: 8 = 28
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
having halloween candy in the house coupled with my mcat score is not going to be good for the hips.
Verbal chopped my face off.
My average aside from an anomoly was 30
My actual was 11/6/9
Anyone hear of anyone getting into med school with those stats? If someone is dropping a date in the Chicago area or anywhere in Illinois. Please let me know.
My actual was 11/6/9
Anyone hear of anyone getting into med school with those stats? If someone is dropping a date in the Chicago area or anywhere in Illinois. Please let me know.
Only wrote VR because I'm a 3rd year applicant applying to McMaster this year.
My average was 11.2 VR, and I am slightly disappointed to say that I can join the ten club. I got my hopes up after the 81% in the trial section, but I knew that the VR would have a weird curve.
So, I need a superb CASPer score to get an interview (cGPA at U of T is 3.80). We'll see. It was a good learning experience, and psych + soc is my background, so the 2015 MCAT won't be so bad.
Anyway, it was fun going through this together with you guys! Good luck with everything.
My average was 11.2 VR, and I am slightly disappointed to say that I can join the ten club. I got my hopes up after the 81% in the trial section, but I knew that the VR would have a weird curve.
So, I need a superb CASPer score to get an interview (cGPA at U of T is 3.80). We'll see. It was a good learning experience, and psych + soc is my background, so the 2015 MCAT won't be so bad.
Anyway, it was fun going through this together with you guys! Good luck with everything.
My average aside from an anomoly was 30
My actual was 11/6/9
Anyone hear of anyone getting into med school with those stats? If someone is dropping a date in the Chicago area or anywhere in Illinois. Please let me know.
Hey DrDreams,
I remember you suffered a personal loss around the time of your test. So I would think that this score does not reflect your best effort and worth re-taking. The "6" in Verbal is the weak point here, a lot of schools screen out anything lower than an 8.
seems like the curve on this test was not the best huh
Yea it was the night before the MCAT and I was sick. I am definitely going to retake, but it sucks I have to drive to Stow, Ohio from Chicago.Hey DrDreams,
I remember you suffered a personal loss around the time of your test. So I would think that this score does not reflect your best effort and worth re-taking. The "6" in Verbal is the weak point here, a lot of schools screen out anything lower than an 8.
Any idea how I notify schools I am retaking?
Yea it was the night before the MCAT and I was sick. I am definitely going to retake, but it sucks I have to drive to Stow, Ohio from Chicago.
Any idea how I notify schools I am retaking?
I called up every school and they put my application on hold. Are you applying for matriculation in fall 2015? Because it may be too late to retake. Many of my schools had a September MCAT cut off.
Yes. But I'm applying D.O. exclusively.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys what exams do I take now?
Hey everybody, its my first time posting here but I've been reading the forums all summer while preparing for the MCAT. Thanks to everybody for all of the really helpful insight.
Test Date: 9/18/2014
Time: 1:00 PM
AAMC Avg. 37
Post-Test Expected: 32-34
Actual: 37 (PS 14 VR 10 BS 13)
Test Date: 9/18/2014
Time: 1:00 PM
AAMC Avg. 37
Post-Test Expected: 32-34
Actual: 37 (PS 14 VR 10 BS 13)
If anyone is dropping a seat in Ontario (preferably GTA), message me.
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E
? I just started Sn2ed's 4 month schedule (customized with some extra Kaplan material).