***The Official Stony Brook Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted!! OOS

Got a call from Patricia Berry at 12:00 pm EST

Wow, congratulations friend. Waiting to hear back from stony brook also (IS, top choice). Very happy for you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if SB is done making phone calls for today?

Wow, congratulations friend. Waiting to hear back from stony brook also (IS, top choice). Very happy for you.
Thanks so much! Best of luck, I hope you get in :)
I will most likely be attending a different school so someone will get my seat here!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!

Only 2 acceptances this year? Sdns been getting slower and slower lol.

Any tips to someone interviewing on 12/14?
You will have two one-on-one interviews, which are very laid back and conversational. Don't worry to much! Take the chance to ask the current students questions and learn more about the school. I love my experience there!

Reactions: 1 users
Does Stony Brook offer scholarship to in state students? If so, how can we figure that out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else having trouble with paying the deposit? I can't seem to find the tab on the SB Solar system which prompts you to the deposit payment website.

Does anyone know if there are any post-december interviews left?

Does anyone know if there are any post-December interviews left?
I dont' know but I know that interviewing is a useful experience that helps real journalists to develop! I think it is such verifying essays by the site that usually helps students in writing research papers for which they pay!

So is it safe to say if you haven’t heard any correspondence at ALL from stonybrook (neither an invite to interview or a rejection or an acceptance) then you’re probably rejected? Their class size is so small I wouldn’t think they would correspond to people who aren’t even being considered but I want to eliminate every option BC Im in state and I want to stay in state but I haven’t heard anything since i submitted in July

Just got an interview, OOS. Really excited for this school!

ogpa 3.48
sgpa 3.55
postbac- 4.0, 50 credits
DAT 27AA/29TS/30QR/21RC/25PAT

app complete late july

Wtf a 27aa that’s inhumane !

is there a fb page for the class of 2023?

Hi, Some of the D1s just made a Facebook group for Class of 2023.

It is called "Stony Brook Dental Class of 2023".

Feel free to join, ask us any questions you might have, and get to know your future classmates! =)

I think you meant that's not human. However, I do agree with you that his score is inhumane towards the other applicants ;)
I'm glad you were able to get the itch off and correct me .

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, Some of the D1s just made a Facebook group for Class of 2023.

It is called "Stony Brook Dental Class of 2023".

Feel free to join, ask us any questions you might have, and get to know your future classmates! =)

Happy New Years folks!
Time to commence the stalking

Feel free to ask questions! Currently a D2 and I pretty much run all of SBU on sdn.

Wym commence the stalking? lol

Stalk the profiles of possible future classmates.

You will have two one-on-one interviews, which are very laid back and conversational. Don't worry to much! Take the chance to ask the current students questions and learn more about the school. I love my experience there!

I am interviewing on the 22nd and I appreciate this feedback! Stony is my top choice and I am so nervous. I was wondering if you or anyone else felt you did something that contributed to your acceptance or you just had a great interviewer. Any questions they asked?

I am interviewing on the 22nd and I appreciate this feedback! Stony is my top choice and I am so nervous. I was wondering if you or anyone else felt you did something that contributed to your acceptance or you just had a great interviewer. Any questions they asked?
Congratulation on your interview! Honestly, I don't think I did anything special other than just be myself. The interviewers were super nice and they didn't ask me any tricky questions. They just wanted to know you more as a person and the interview was very conversational. We talked about everything, from my childhood experience to why I chose my major. This is one of my favorite interview experiences and I hope you enjoy yours too!

Called today to let them know still interested and denied a few hours later lmao

I just got a call of acceptance! Will probably be attending!

Reactions: 1 users
Awesome, congratulations! What are the deposit requirements if you don’t mind me asking?
In the call and first e-mail there was no information about deposits. I believe another e-mail should be coming in a couple days. I'll let you know!

Hiiiiii. I am interviewing on the 22nd too !!!

Hey Guys!!!! I just got an interview invite from SB. Super excited!!!!! any tips for the interview would be appreciated. Also is it a closed/open file. and is it an MMI style? I am very nervous. Also any post-December interviewers.... do they give you an answer right the same day?

Hey Guys!!!! I just got an interview invite from SB. Super excited!!!!! any tips for the interview would be appreciated. Also is it a closed/open file. and is it an MMI style? I am very nervous. Also any post-December interviewers.... do they give you an answer right the same day?

Congrats!
Are you out of state? Mind sharing your stats?

Hi, as far as I know.... (interviewed a year ago).

Two 1-on-1 interviews with faculty (clinical professor/research/anyone).
One interview with a D4 student (very casual).
School Tour + Lunch with a D2 student.
One hour to shadow a D4 in the clinic and ask questions (tbh, this was my favorite part because not a lot of schools do this).

*Not an MMI style + as far as I remember it was an open file (but I am not 100% sure).

I interview beginning of December and got an email around 2-3 weeks after. I would definitely not expect an answer the same day.

Hope that helped and good luck! =)

Hi, as far as I know.... (interviewed a year ago).

Two 1-on-1 interviews with faculty (clinical professor/research/anyone).
One interview with a D4 student (very casual).
School Tour + Lunch with a D2 student.
One hour to shadow a D4 in the clinic and ask questions (tbh, this was my favorite part because not a lot of schools do this).

*Not an MMI style + as far as I remember it was an open file (but I am not 100% sure).

I interview beginning of December and got an email around 2-3 weeks after. I would definitely not expect an answer the same day.

Hope that helped and good luck! =)
Oh thank you so much!! yea they told me the interviewer has access to your AADSAS app so I believe open file.
do you by any chance remember if the questions were more situational clinical based or was it like general questions about yourself and your application?

Oh thank you so much!! yea they told me the interviewer has access to your AADSAS app so I believe open file.
do you by any chance remember if the questions were more situational clinical based or was it like general questions about yourself and your application?

More likely.... it will be general questions but I would be prepared for both. I do not recall if there was any clinical situational questions but I can't say that it's impossible. I feel like this really depends on your interviewer and what their style is...I would just know your application really well, be able to elaborate on any activities you have listed there, and ask questions at the end that indicate your interest. Good luck!

Accepted yesterday OOS!

I know that stony brook generally notifies acceptances by phone or at least that was what i was told, but my phone and sim card kinda died and wont be able to accept calls for the next couple of weeks, in the process of getting it fixed. I was wondering would they also send you an email as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.