***The Official Texas A&M College of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Any more OOS students receive an invite yet?
Nope :/ when I called in on the 23rd of September, they said that they just started reviewing OOS that day and will be reviewing them through that week, the next and maybe the week after that (which is this week) at the latest. So if you haven't heard back by the end of this week you likely won't. Anyway good luck to all OOS, we will need it. o_O

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope :/ when I called in on the 23rd of September, they said that they just started reviewing OOS that day and will be reviewing them through that week, the next and maybe the week after that (which is this week) at the latest. So if you haven't heard back by the end of this week you likely won't. Anyway good luck to all OOS, we will need it. o_O

So considering it is 5:00 PM on Friday, all of the OOS invites have probably already been sent out then, correct? I tried calling the college myself to verify but they didn't answer.

So considering it is 5:00 PM on Friday, all of the OOS invites have probably already been sent out then, correct? I tried calling the college myself to verify but they didn't answer.
At the end of the secondary app, it says that "the majority of out-of-state interviews are held in November with invitations sent by the end of October," so hopefully that means there's still a chance.

Reactions: 1 users
At the end of the secondary app, it says that "the majority of out-of-state interviews are held in November with invitations sent by the end of October," so hopefully that means there's still a chance.
Thanks for that, now I can keep on hoping for a few more weeks. Hopefully we hear back soon because it's starting to drive me a little crazy!

When's the latest interview date?

You guys know how often Dallas sends out the interviews ?
Thank you

Just to keep the OOS applicants updated, I emailed Janet Pledger from the admissions office just now and she said that the last of the OOS interviews would be scheduled by tomorrow.

Reactions: 4 users
Just to keep the OOS applicants updated, I emailed Janet Pledger from the admissions office just now and she said that the last of the OOS interviews would be scheduled by tomorrow.
Thanks for the update.

Reactions: 1 user
So do you mean the last OOS interview invites will be send out tomorrow, and they will stop interview OOS student by then? I thought they will continue interview process til January

Members don't see this ad :)
So do you mean the last OOS interview invites will be send out tomorrow, and they will stop interview OOS student by then? I thought they will continue interview process til January

Yes, the last invites should come today and the actual OOS interviews are scheduled for November it seems. I think they sometimes offer post-December interviews, but not to OOS.

Any one who are Out of states applicant received interview invites today?

Because they've started interviewing OOS, will there be no more interviews for Texas Residents?

Yessir!
I've heard back from some OOS schools, but nothing from Texas schools yet.
Sent my application out late August.
Me too! I've heard back from the OOS schools, but nothing from Texas yet. :|

Are all OOS interviews sent out:(?

I interviewed today and they said they would still be interviewing in january/february

17/21 OOS students that interviewed at A&M 2 years ago got accepted. Did any OOS students on here feel they had some sort of preferential treatment overall? As in, did your interviewers seem like they already wanted to accept you but just had the interview because it's policy?

I'm assuming the 4 people that got rejected as OOS were just straight up weird.

Last edited:
Pretty sure this isn't true. According to the entering class of 2017 demographic stats on the A&M website there are only 6 OOS students in the class. And Im pretty sure that the state requires 90% of students be in state so that leaves 10 slots for OOS students maximum per class.

This is the site I used for this info. It has class stats all the way up to entering class of 2019
17/21 OOS students that interviewed at A&M 2 years ago got accepted. Did any OOS students on here feel they had some sort of preferential treatment overall? As in, did your interviewers seem like they already wanted to accept you but just had the interview because it's policy?

I'm assuming the 4 people that got rejected as OOS were just straight up weird.

Sent from my SM-G975U using SDN mobile

Pretty sure this isn't true. According to the entering class of 2017 demographic stats on the A&M website there are only 6 OOS students in the class. And Im pretty sure that the state requires 90% of students be in state so that leaves 10 slots for OOS students maximum per class.

This is the site I used for this info. It has class stats all the way up to entering class of 2019

I think there were more acceptances sent out than 10 because some OOS students rejected the offers

Oh ok yes I misunderstood the statement. I thought the post said 17 OOS in the class. Sorry about that.
I think there were more acceptances sent out than 10 because some OOS students rejected the offers

I don't think the TX schools send rejection letters; they just never contact you instead.

If they want something, they'll let you know.
Hold up. They don't? Can anyone confirm this.

Hold up. They don't? Can anyone confirm this.
This is what San Antonio told me, and I can imagine it being the same for all three schools.

Attachments

• 4A842FED-9BAB-43A1-9166-7173AFE79F08.png
    4A842FED-9BAB-43A1-9166-7173AFE79F08.png
    181.5 KB · Views: 341
This is what San Antonio told me, and I can imagine it being the same for all three schools.
I'm a reapplicant and just went through my emails because I was sure I was sent rejection emails.
I have a rejection email from San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas lol

I'm a reapplicant and just went through my emails because I was sure I was sent rejection emails.
Big oof. Maybe it’s a new policy? Idk. Hope you make it in this cycle!

Sorry to hear about that but it is valuable data!

Does anyone know if acceptances are sent right at 12 Sunday night or Monday morning?

Anyone knows how many students they usually take for post-Dec interview ?

Anyone knows how many students they usually take for post-Dec interview ?

I'm not sure but the last two years they sent an email around the third week of January that there will be no further interviews. Hope that helps!

I'm not sure but the last two years they sent an email around the third week of January that there will be no further interviews. Hope that helps!
I have an interview on Dec 4th and wonder if they usually fill out their class by Dec 2nd ? :)