***The Official Texas A&M College of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I talked to them this week, they said that acceptances are going to be sent mid march.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Even though I haven't been officially rejected yet I never got an interview so im essentially rejected. I emailed admissions to see if I could get some feedback on how to improve my application. I thought I had a strong application (oGPA 3.76, DAT 25 AA with no section below 23) so I was really curious what I did wrong. She told me that she was concerned about my my lack of biology course work. I am a biochem major and so I have taken a lot of upper level chemistry classes but only the bare minimum bio classes and they did not like that. She said that she wanted to see more classes like Histology, immunology, cell bio, etc... rather than my upper level chem classes. She also told me that compared to other students at my university I did not do as much community service as others. Which I thought was probably fair, I could have done a better job at that.
Overall I think its a little strange that they bias biology over chemistry so much but I have also never been a dental student so maybe thats where most students struggle and they want the incoming classes to be more prepared. IDK.
Anyways, I thought I would post this in case anyone else was curious about not having received an invite, this criteria slash advice might have applied to you as well.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Even though I haven't been officially rejected yet I never got an interview so im essentially rejected. I emailed admissions to see if I could get some feedback on how to improve my application. I thought I had a strong application (oGPA 3.76, DAT 25 AA with no section below 23) so I was really curious what I did wrong. She told me that she was concerned about my my lack of biology course work. I am a biochem major and so I have taken a lot of upper level chemistry classes but only the bare minimum bio classes and they did not like that. She said that she wanted to see more classes like Histology, immunology, cell bio, etc... rather than my upper level chem classes. She also told me that compared to other students at my university I did not do as much community service as others. Which I thought was probably fair, I could have done a better job at that.
Overall I think its a little strange that they bias biology over chemistry so much but I have also never been a dental student so maybe thats where most students struggle and they want the incoming classes to be more prepared. IDK.
Anyways, I thought I would post this in case anyone else was curious about not having received an invite, this criteria slash advice might have applied to you as well.
RIP to Stats King. Get in elsewhere?

OOS?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Who did you email?

I'm guessing the same thing happened to me. I'm a biochemistry major too. I'm in-state, and my stats are: oGPA: 3.65, AA 23, PA 26. I haven't taken many upper level bio classes, but I also sent out my app in late August. Good to know that I wasn't the only one. Guess I'm taking a year off, good luck everyone!

Dang does that mean the feb round already went out
I talked to them today and they said they sent out a small amount of acceptances in February and will send out the whole second round in late March because Dr. Miller is traveling

Accepted today through phone call!!! Excited to meet all my future classmates!
For those waiting, I interviewed way back in August and just got accepted today. Don't lose hope!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted today through phone call!!! Excited to meet all my future classmates!
For those waiting, I interviewed way back in August and just got accepted today. Don't lose hope!
Did you send any updates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if anyone would know, but does anyone happen to know the rough amount of seats left? Like if it's just 2-3, or if it's a lot more than that? Just trying to get an idea of what my overall chances are
When I called last week they said around 5 were open

E-mails for alternates are being sent!! Keep checking your e-mails! Good luck, everyone!

Anyone in here get one? What’s it say?

It's an e-mail saying that you have to accept or reject being placed on the alternate list. They're still trying to figure out how things will work for the following year with everything that's going on now.

From the looks of the email we just received with everyone CCed there are 102 students as of right now. That could mean an extra three or four spots for y'all hopefuls on the alternate list.

Reactions: 2 users
From the looks of the email we just received with everyone CCed there are 102 students as of right now. That could mean an extra three or four spots for y'all hopefuls on the alternate list.
Ahh that's great! A D1 friend of mine said that they were gonna open even more spots...not sure if this was said about the upcoming year or another year in the future.

Ahh that's great! A D1 friend of mine said that they were gonna open even more spots...not sure if this was said about the upcoming year or another year in the future.
I asked Dr. Miller about this actually. While the new clinic has expanded availability the sim lab still has 106 as the limitation. She was also told for this year to aim for that number, at least when I emailed her.

Reactions: 1 users
Could someone tell me what questions or how many questions are on the secondary app? I’m applying this year so I can’t log into the portal yet to see but i want to plan ahead

Could someone tell me what questions or how many questions are on the secondary app? I’m applying this year so I can’t log into the portal yet to see but i want to plan ahead
It depends on whether you are IS or OOS. For IS, it's basically a demographics questionnaire. As for OOS, I'm not too sure but I think it has short answer questions about your ties to Texas.

I can weigh in a little. The only chemistry classes that is taken at TAMCOD is biochem. It lasts about 4 weeks and its during the first semester, thats it. However, the students do take gross anatomy with lab, physiology with lab(not a lot), immunology, microbiology, pathology x2(pathology by itself and a lot of pathology integrated with physiology), "histology", "oral histology", etc, all in their first year. (oral histollogy and histology are in quotation marks because they arent stand alone classes anymore, they're integrated into other classes). Again, this is only me trying to say that their first year is bio focused.

I'm guessing the same thing happened to me. I'm a biochemistry major too. I'm in-state, and my stats are: oGPA: 3.65, AA 23, PA 26. I haven't taken many upper level bio classes, but I also sent out my app in late August. Good to know that I wasn't the only one. Guess I'm taking a year off, good luck everyone!

I can weigh in a little. The only chemistry classes that is taken at TAMCOD is biochem. It lasts about 4 weeks and its during the first semester, thats it. However, the students do take gross anatomy with lab, physiology with lab(not a lot), immunology, microbiology, pathology x2(pathology by itself and a lot of pathology integrated with physiology), "histology", "oral histology", etc, all in their first year. (oral histollogy and histology are in quotation marks because they arent stand alone classes anymore, they're integrated into other classes). Again, this is only me trying to say that their first year is bio focused