***The Official Texas Schools Class of 2022 for OOS Students Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

music314

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I didn't see any interview/acceptance thread for out-of-state applicants to Texas schools, so I thought I'd create a thread, especially since it is much harder to get in as an out-of-state applicant. Good luck to anyone applying :) Anyone hear anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I like this thread haha.
I'm international so I can only apply to A&M. I think I'm under reviews since last week

Reactions: 1 users
I like this thread haha.
I'm international so I can only apply to A&M. I think I'm under reviews since last week
I'm international too. What are your stats and EC's like?

Members don't see this ad :)
Scores in my signature. (24AA, 25TS, 3.94oGPA, 3.98sGPA)
Various things like work, lots of community service 500+ (school and outside school as well), 220 hours of research, 160 dental shadowing, some intramural sports, and a few other things.

I don't think well will be hearing back for a while since Texas schools seem to go over IS applications first, but this will be a useful thread in a few months!

I don't think well will be hearing back for a while since Texas schools seem to go over IS applications first, but this will be a useful thread in a few months!
They start revising IS in may unlike AADSAS that starts in June. I think they'll start looking at some OOS in august

They start revising IS in may unlike AADSAS that starts in June. I think they'll start looking at some OOS in august

I know for Texas A&M their website says "The Dental Admissions Committee will not begin reviewing out-of-state applications until after the deadline [Sep 30th] and will only review complete applications." Hopefully it's different for the other 2 schools! :)

I know for Texas A&M their website says "The Dental Admissions Committee will not begin reviewing out-of-state applications until after the deadline [Sep 30th] and will only review complete applications." Hopefully it's different for the other 2 schools! :)
I asked Houston and they said they review OOS on a rolling basis with in-state but yeah A&M waits til after their Sept. 30th deadline.

I don't mean to alarm anybody, but I heard from a friend and reliable source that Houston hasn't accepted an out of state applicant in the past several years now. Before I heard this news I had planned on applying, but changed my mind and saved myself the money, even though I had a connection with a man who was on their admissions board in the past.

Anyone know how many out of state people will get interviews/accepted at A&M?

Anyone know how many out of state people will get interviews/accepted at A&M?
Not sure but I talked to admissions just now and they said they will extend invitations to OOS applicants in October, and applicants will be interviewed in November

I know it is still early in October but has anyone heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind sharing your stats/residency?

Not at all!

School: Texas A&M
Notification date: 10/9
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MD
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/10
Application complete date: 7/25 is when i submitted all secondaries.
GPA (science, overall): s3.90, o3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/27/18/23(none below 17)

Also the date they scheduled me for was November 15th. It was already included in email. Good luck guys, hopefully you guys hear back as well!

I also received an interview this morning!!!!

I noticed that my AADSAS portal for San Antonio changed from Under Review to None. Not sure if this means anything, but at least its a change.

I noticed that my AADSAS portal for San Antonio changed from Under Review to None. Not sure if this means anything, but at least its a change.
Mine did that as well and then I was invited.. good luck!

What is the chance of acceptance for oos w/ invites for san antonio?

The guide to dental schools. Gives you all sorts of data for each school.
I phoned A&M and they told me same thing. Huston told me they will not be accepting OOS as they need students from Texas.
I am OOS with good stats but have not been invited yet.
Please respond: How many of you were invited to A&M or San Antonio?

I phoned A&M and they told me same thing. Huston told me they will not be accepting OOS as they need students from Texas.
Got an invite to San Antonio as OOS; did not expect it cuz i don't have killer stats.

I interviewed at Houston in August. But haven't heard anything from A&M and San Antonio.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hello all,

I am applying to Texas schools OOS, it seems like many of you, even those who got interviews are attending different schools.

Did anyone end up going to Texas OOS?

DAT: 26AA, 23 PAT, 25 TS
s/cGPA: 3.85/3.83
Hawaii Residency
Minority applicant

Status
Not open for further replies.