The Official "the thread title is irrelevent to the thread content" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A very strange phenomenon is occuring in my house. Within the last 24 hours, six different light bulbs in various rooms have blown. Coincidence?

Members don't see this ad :)
AndyMilonakis said:
:laugh:
SDN path is turning into the Lounge.
:laugh:
Turn down the lights and cue the music. I'll have a Manhattan Dry...

beary said:
A very strange phenomenon is occuring in my house. Within the last 24 hours, six different light bulbs in various rooms have blown. Coincidence?

This has happened to me as well, but they are now replaced! I rule!

AndyMilonakis said:
and a Guinness for me :)
A Godfather for me.

Oh wait....I'm drinking a sidecar. Oh well, it's all Scotch.

beary said:

There are three theories as I see it:

Theory #1: There was some sort of electical surge

Theory #2: The bulbs were all installed at the same time and were of the same brand with the same life span

Theory #3: Someone from the spirit world is trying to communicate with you.

I would go with theory #3.

stormjen said:
There are three theories as I see it:

Theory #1: There was some sort of electical surge

Theory #2: The bulbs were all installed at the same time and were of the same brand with the same life span

Theory #3: Someone from the spirit world is trying to communicate with you.

I would go with theory #3.

I would have to go with theory #3 as well. Electrical surge seems unlikely, since some identical light bulbs survived "the event." I know for sure that they were not all installed at the same time. I guess that leaves the spirit world! I just went around and replaced all of them, so if they all blow again, I will start to get really nervous. :)

I think it's probably a conspiracy brought on by foreign terrorists who are trying to corrupt you into serving their unique brand of revolutionary ideology. Step I is to knock out your lighting. Step II is when they show up at your door with candles and a manifesto.

Members don't see this ad :)
bananaface said:
Yeah, when I went to bed there were lots of people here. Then when I got up again they were all gone. What gives?!?!?!?!
The board was dead - couldn't get in for a while, so I went to bed.

yaah said:
I think it's probably a conspiracy brought on by foreign terrorists who are trying to corrupt you into serving their unique brand of revolutionary ideology. Step I is to knock out your lighting. Step II is when they show up at your door with candles and a manifesto.
Could be the democrats. First, they ensure that one of their cover companies produces inferior light bulbs in a third world country while reaping huge profits. Then, when a public outcry ensues to demand better living conditions and higher quality light bulbs, they step in and demand greater accountability and increased regulation. In the end, they save the day and are viewed as heroes, thus making themselves relevant again.

Yeah thats right just like when Richard Gere became a hero when he did all of that research with gerbils

DasN said:
Yeah thats right just like when Richard Gere became a hero when he did all of that research with gerbils

he loved those gerbils you A-hole! He cared for em, raised em from little newborn gerbil pups and when they were the perfect size, wrapped their paws tenderly in electric duct tape, lathered them with KY and sent them on one final glorious mission...../dabs tears.

A: A great adventure is waiting for you ahead
Hurry onward Lemmiwinks or you will soon be dead
The journey before you may be long and filled with woe
But you must escape the gay mans ass so your story can be told!

Lemminks! Lemmiwinks! Lemmiwinks! etc.

Lemmiwinks journeyed a distance far and fast
To find his way out of, a gay mans ass
The road ahead, is full of danger and fright
But push onward Lemmiwinks with all of your might

"Lemmiwinks, you are coming to the entrance of the small intestines. There you must seek out the sparrow prince!"

The Sparrow Prince lies somewhere way up ahead
Don't look back Lemmiwinks or you will soon be dead
Lemmiwinks, Lemmiwinks, the time is growing late
Slow down now and seal your fate

"I am the Sparrow Prince, long has my spirit been trapped within this place. Before you lies the maze of the small intestines, one path leads to the stomach, the other to doom. Take with you this helmut and torch, let them be your guide."

Take the magic helmut torch to help you light the way!
There's still a lot of ground to cross inside the man so gay
Ahead of you lies adventure, and your strength still lies within
Freedom from the ass of doom is the treasure you will win!

Lemmiwinks has made it out, his tail is nearly through

"Great job Lemmiwinks!"
"Thanks to you we are all free."
"But your adventures are just beginning, for you are no ordinary gerbil, Lemmiwinks. You are, the Gerbil King!"
"All hail the Gerbil King!"

Now that you're the Gerbil King there's more adventures to go on
Fly away to far away lands into the setting sun
There's still so many enemies and battles yet to fight
For Lemmiwinks the Gerbil King Could be told a thousand nights

Lem, Lem, Lemmiwinks, Lemmiwinks etc.

bananaface said:
Why do men like violent movies? yaah, I thought you were opposed to violence. Are you being a hypocrite right now?
it's not a violent movie. it's a feel good movie.

"if i can change, and you can change, then we can ALL CHANGE!!!"

bananaface said:
Why do men like violent movies? yaah, I thought you were opposed to violence. Are you being a hypocrite right now?

I am opposed to violence but not violent movies. Go ahead and figure that one out!

And yes, Rocky IV is not a violent movie.

bananaface said:
How did you feel about Rodney King? Hmm? Yeah. Hypocrite.

That wasn't a fictional movie. And I probably shouldn't say much about Rodney King and get into political discussions. Suffice it to say, and this may or may not apply to my views on the topic - because I frankly don't know enough about that situation anyway - but I am not against violence if it is response to other violence and appropriate to the situation. I am against meaningless violence.