You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official Touro Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Only a few days agoDoes anyone know when they started receiving applications?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My aadsas says waiting additional requirements.... Is there anything I need to do besides pay for aadsas fee? It doesn't say on the aadsas secondary to do anything
I would just give it a minute it's been like two days I highly doubt they've had a chance to sort through any submitted apps. Remember how long that took schools in June? HahaMy aadsas says waiting additional requirements.... Is there anything I need to do besides pay for aadsas fee? It doesn't say on the aadsas secondary to do anything
As in, THursday?
As in, Thursday?
Did you go creep around? haha
LOLOLOL No! those are pictures I found of the 19 Skyline location.Did you go creep around? haha
Oooooh haha i tried doing that with google docs street view but it hadn't updated recently enough.LOLOLOL No! those are pictures I found of the 19 Skyline location.
Anyone wanna go check it out in person? haha
"TouroCDM@NYMC will take no action on any application without the final and complete approval of all national and state accreditation and regulatory agencies. While we hope that full approval will be granted in the spring – we cannot guarantee the conclusion of a process which is under the direction of third party agencies. TouroCDM@NYMC, therefore, can give no promise to applicants that all of the steps will be completed in time for TouroCDM@NYMC to begin classes in August 2016 - although it is our desire to do so. Applicants are assured that they will be kept informed of our progress over the coming months."
anyone what that means?
also the building used to be IBM headquarter.
anyone what that means?
also the building used to be IBM headquarter.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"TouroCDM@NYMC will take no action on any application without the final and complete approval of all national and state accreditation and regulatory agencies. While we hope that full approval will be granted in the spring – we cannot guarantee the conclusion of a process which is under the direction of third party agencies. TouroCDM@NYMC, therefore, can give no promise to applicants that all of the steps will be completed in time for TouroCDM@NYMC to begin classes in August 2016 - although it is our desire to do so. Applicants are assured that they will be kept informed of our progress over the coming months."
anyone what that means?
also the building used to be IBM headquarter.
LOLOL It means there is no guarantee Touro will be good to go starting 2016, or for ever for that matter lol. I wonder if we're going to be refunded for the application fee if that happens hahaa
Back in july AADSAS told me the "mailing date" doesn't really mean anything the applications are live and schools can view them the minute you submit.I sent my application before the last mailing date (which was Friday) yet my application says "not mailed," is this happening to anyone else?
ANyone talk to the admissions about what an acceptable DAT score minimum would be to apply?! Or when they will start interviewing?
Do you guys think I can still apply if I take my DAT Feb the 1st?
My app was mailed today. I submitted last Friday. People seem to be hating on this school but I'm not so sure why.
I thought they started taking apps in October? I wasn't sure about this based on the website but I did get the email from AADSAS saying to apply immediately
I applied, but I will only go if I don't get in anywhere else and they get accredited. I think that's a fair attitude towards this school at this point
I thought they started taking apps in October? I wasn't sure about this based on the website but I did get the email from AADSAS saying to apply immediately
I think they started taking apps just recently. I could be wrong. I just got the email yesterday and immediately applied. I called them today because my status on AADSAS saying "Received/Waiting for Additional Information." They said everyone's status is going to be like this but that there is NO supplemental.
I know a lot of people are talking down to this school but they all gotta start somewhere. I'm hoping no body comes onto this thread to talk smack about the school like they did on another thread.
Good luck to everyone! I know I need some good luck, too 😛
What are your stats? I'm wondering why you still haven't received any acceptance? Good luck I hope you get in somewhereI applied, but I will only go if I don't get in anywhere else and they get accredited. I think that's a fair attitude towards this school at this point
Thank you! 🙂 My gpa is about a 3.4, I only interviewed at 3 schools so far. My state school, usc, and nyu.. Hoping for good news in the spring.What are your stats? I'm wondering why you still haven't received any acceptance? Good luck I hope you get in somewhere
Good luck to you too dentist dude
Hopefully I can clear up how dental accreditation works. Schools are able to interview and matriculate students if they have the status of "Initial Accreditation" by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). As prospective members of the inaugural classes at Touro, you would be around while the school goes through multiple site visits with the hopes of achieving "Full accreditation" just before the first class graduates. It sounds like they are hopeful they can get initial accreditation but don't have it just yet. For example, when MOSDOH started, it appeared they had initial accreditation as they were interviewing applicants and offered acceptances. Right before classes started, they hit a snag and had to basically halt everything. Luckily, they had an 11th hour save and were able to enroll the inaugural class, albeit a little late.
What it boils down is most likely they just need to host a CODA site visit, where if everything looks good they will be awarded initial accreditation.
What it boils down is most likely they just need to host a CODA site visit, where if everything looks good they will be awarded initial accreditation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
App just switched to under review
Mine too!App just switched to under review
So do you guys think I could apply if I take my DAT Feb 1st?
Mine as wellApp is complete
No it took my DAT score like a month to be reported to AADSASSo do you guys think I could apply if I take my DAT Feb 1st?
The most accurate response you'll get to this is from touro (idk if you already tried to contact them but it's worth a shot)So do you guys think I could apply if I take my DAT Feb 1st?
Thanks everyone!The most accurate response you'll get to this is from touro (idk if you already tried to contact them but it's worth a shot)
I emailed them two days ago and still no response!
I emailed them a few days ago with no response too haha. Maybe they're just busyThanks everyone!
I emailed them two days ago and still no response!
If it makes you feel better, I did the same! No response.
Also, can we not share advice about a question to an answer you really don't know. Thanks.
Also, can we not share advice about a question to an answer you really don't know. Thanks.
Can I ask where you found this information? Also, did they mention anything about GPA or how many people they are expecting to come from instate vs. out of state?They didnt tell me about the minimum DAT but i think they are looking for the average DAT which is 19.
The start interviewing in Feb. and the class size would be around 110.
Can I ask where you found this information? Also, did they mention anything about GPA or how many people they are expecting to come from instate vs. out of state?
It's a private school, so most likely they would take out state instead of in state
which day of the week do aadsas mail the app? i did submitted last week and its still app complete and says not mailed?
anyone know what "fee" $10000 in their tuition. how can it be more expensive than instruments and tools?
are didactic professors from medical school? it sounds like they are sharing professors. also nymc has GPR program with many clinic professor, will they be the one in the clinic?
anyone live around this town? know anything about the location?
so where exactly is class being held? 19 skyline or its just similab there? do we share that nice building with other health professional students?
anyone know what "fee" $10000 in their tuition. how can it be more expensive than instruments and tools?
are didactic professors from medical school? it sounds like they are sharing professors. also nymc has GPR program with many clinic professor, will they be the one in the clinic?
anyone live around this town? know anything about the location?
so where exactly is class being held? 19 skyline or its just similab there? do we share that nice building with other health professional students?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My app switched to under review yesterday and application complete today.
Mine tooMy app switched to under review yesterday and application complete today.
Just got an interview invitation!
How did they notify you? What is your stats if you don't mind me asking?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 17
- Views
- 17K
- Replies
- 36
- Views
- 18K