The Official Touro Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddentgee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did not see an official thread for Touro's inaugural class under the "School Specific Discussions" so I decided to create one.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when they started receiving applications?

Members don't see this ad :)
My aadsas says waiting additional requirements.... Is there anything I need to do besides pay for aadsas fee? It doesn't say on the aadsas secondary to do anything

They dont have secondary app. Its only the AAdSAS fee that u paid.
AADSAS hasnt mailed out mine yet.

My aadsas says waiting additional requirements.... Is there anything I need to do besides pay for aadsas fee? It doesn't say on the aadsas secondary to do anything
I would just give it a minute it's been like two days I highly doubt they've had a chance to sort through any submitted apps. Remember how long that took schools in June? Haha

Mine hasn't be mailed either and I sent it as soon as their app cycle opened

DSC00206.jpg
5c8c6223eeb6474587f556342ce0ac91.jpg

Skyline_exterior_pano.JPG

Campus looks good

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
"TouroCDM@NYMC will take no action on any application without the final and complete approval of all national and state accreditation and regulatory agencies. While we hope that full approval will be granted in the spring – we cannot guarantee the conclusion of a process which is under the direction of third party agencies. TouroCDM@NYMC, therefore, can give no promise to applicants that all of the steps will be completed in time for TouroCDM@NYMC to begin classes in August 2016 - although it is our desire to do so. Applicants are assured that they will be kept informed of our progress over the coming months."

anyone what that means?

also the building used to be IBM headquarter.

"TouroCDM@NYMC will take no action on any application without the final and complete approval of all national and state accreditation and regulatory agencies. While we hope that full approval will be granted in the spring – we cannot guarantee the conclusion of a process which is under the direction of third party agencies. TouroCDM@NYMC, therefore, can give no promise to applicants that all of the steps will be completed in time for TouroCDM@NYMC to begin classes in August 2016 - although it is our desire to do so. Applicants are assured that they will be kept informed of our progress over the coming months."

anyone what that means?

also the building used to be IBM headquarter.

LOLOL It means there is no guarantee Touro will be good to go starting 2016, or for ever for that matter lol. I wonder if we're going to be refunded for the application fee if that happens hahaa

anyone hear or got email from this school recently?

I sent my application before the last mailing date (which was Friday) yet my application says "not mailed," is this happening to anyone else?

I sent my application before the last mailing date (which was Friday) yet my application says "not mailed," is this happening to anyone else?
Back in july AADSAS told me the "mailing date" doesn't really mean anything the applications are live and schools can view them the minute you submit.

Yes. I sent my app on thursday night and they havent maild out my app.
So i called AADSAS, and they said, they send out the apps Every thursday in the morning. However, the school can see our application if they want.

Reactions: 1 user
ANyone talk to the admissions about what an acceptable DAT score minimum would be to apply?! Or when they will start interviewing?

They didnt tell me about the minimum DAT but i think they are looking for the average DAT which is 19.

The start interviewing in Feb. and the class size would be around 110.

Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys think I can still apply if I take my DAT Feb the 1st?

My app was mailed today. I submitted last Friday. People seem to be hating on this school but I'm not so sure why.

I thought they started taking apps in October? I wasn't sure about this based on the website but I did get the email from AADSAS saying to apply immediately

I applied, but I will only go if I don't get in anywhere else and they get accredited. I think that's a fair attitude towards this school at this point

I thought they started taking apps in October? I wasn't sure about this based on the website but I did get the email from AADSAS saying to apply immediately

I think they started taking apps just recently. I could be wrong. I just got the email yesterday and immediately applied. I called them today because my status on AADSAS saying "Received/Waiting for Additional Information." They said everyone's status is going to be like this but that there is NO supplemental.

I know a lot of people are talking down to this school but they all gotta start somewhere. I'm hoping no body comes onto this thread to talk smack about the school like they did on another thread.

Good luck to everyone! I know I need some good luck, too :p

I applied, but I will only go if I don't get in anywhere else and they get accredited. I think that's a fair attitude towards this school at this point
What are your stats? I'm wondering why you still haven't received any acceptance? Good luck I hope you get in somewhere

What are your stats? I'm wondering why you still haven't received any acceptance? Good luck I hope you get in somewhere
Thank you! :) My gpa is about a 3.4, I only interviewed at 3 schools so far. My state school, usc, and nyu.. Hoping for good news in the spring.

Good luck to you too dentist dude

Hopefully I can clear up how dental accreditation works. Schools are able to interview and matriculate students if they have the status of "Initial Accreditation" by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). As prospective members of the inaugural classes at Touro, you would be around while the school goes through multiple site visits with the hopes of achieving "Full accreditation" just before the first class graduates. It sounds like they are hopeful they can get initial accreditation but don't have it just yet. For example, when MOSDOH started, it appeared they had initial accreditation as they were interviewing applicants and offered acceptances. Right before classes started, they hit a snag and had to basically halt everything. Luckily, they had an 11th hour save and were able to enroll the inaugural class, albeit a little late.

What it boils down is most likely they just need to host a CODA site visit, where if everything looks good they will be awarded initial accreditation.

So do you guys think I could apply if I take my DAT Feb 1st?

No.
The app cycle will be close on Feb 1st.
And It takes 2 weeks until yr DAT score show up in AADSAS.

Wow very nice building. I am so tempted to apply now lol

If it makes you feel better, I did the same! No response.
Also, can we not share advice about a question to an answer you really don't know. Thanks.

They didnt tell me about the minimum DAT but i think they are looking for the average DAT which is 19.

The start interviewing in Feb. and the class size would be around 110.
Can I ask where you found this information? Also, did they mention anything about GPA or how many people they are expecting to come from instate vs. out of state?

Can I ask where you found this information? Also, did they mention anything about GPA or how many people they are expecting to come from instate vs. out of state?

It's a private school, so most likely they would take out state instead of in state

which day of the week do aadsas mail the app? i did submitted last week and its still app complete and says not mailed?

anyone know what "fee" $10000 in their tuition. how can it be more expensive than instruments and tools?

are didactic professors from medical school? it sounds like they are sharing professors. also nymc has GPR program with many clinic professor, will they be the one in the clinic?

anyone live around this town? know anything about the location?

so where exactly is class being held? 19 skyline or its just similab there? do we share that nice building with other health professional students?

Last edited:
My app switched to under review yesterday and application complete today.

What do you guys think a competitive GPA will be?

Just got an interview invitation!

Status
Not open for further replies.