The Official Touro Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread

ddentgee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for current applicants to keep up to date with the application process (Interviews, acceptances, rejections). Please, keep it professional and be respectful.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any suggestions on places to see in that city and NYC?

Last edited:
If its on a Monday you should consider staying in the city over the weekend and then going to a hotel nearby the night before. That's what I'm doing,

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm doing the same thing. I have my interview at Touro on a Monday, but I'm staying in the city over the weekend and then staying closer to the interview site on Sunday night.

Can anyone who has interviewed there post some suggestions and how it went for you. Good luck to all!!

I interviewed and stayed at a nearby hotel. However the dentistry building is located right off the highway so no matter how close you are staying, you will have to take a cap.

Yay!! New Touro thread!!

Reactions: 3 users
how many ppl are interviewing this cycle? and when will they notify ppl on decision?

200-250 this cycle only?

Way more than that.
They interview 2 times a week and 24 people each time. So they only interview 200 people in Feb.
i think they interview around 400 450 this cycle

Has any one got any info on how many seats they are trying to fill?

Members don't see this ad :)
Will they email us if the accreditation process is complete? and if so will they begin to send acceptances?

If its on a Monday you should consider staying in the city over the weekend and then going to a hotel nearby the night before. That's what I'm doing,
Hope your interview went well ! Approximately how long did it take after applying for them to grant you an interview?

I'm doing the same thing. I have my interview at Touro on a Monday, but I'm staying in the city over the weekend and then staying closer to the interview site on Sunday night.

Can anyone who has interviewed there post some suggestions and how it went for you. Good luck to all!!

Hello, how are you? I hope you do not mind me reaching out to you. I saw that you had posted you were having your interview at Touro, and I recently applied myself. I hope your interview went well ! I was wondering if I may inquire how long it took before you were contacted for an interview? If that is not too personal for me to ask.

Again, I hope you do not mind that I messaged you, if so I greatly apologize.

Thank you !

They took about a week back in early January for me.

Hi everyone~ Does anyone know how long the interview lasts? Is it about 30 minutes?

I've heard from a few sources that Touro underwent a huge setback in regards to their accreditation status. Something to do with faculty?? Can anybody confirm? I have an interview next week.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello SDNers,

I had some personal circumstances which delayed my DAT until a few days ago (several deaths in my family) even though I had submitted my application in June. No school had denied me yet, but I needed to quickly take the DAT to be considered. Touro was looking promising to me due to their late application availability but I think I don't have any shot now. Do they have cutoffs which are "hard" cutoffs?

I ended up with
PAT- 19
RC-24
TS-15
AA-17

Aside from this I have 40+ post bachelor credits with a 3.7 GPA as well as a Master's degree with a 3.6 GPA, undergrad GPA was a 3.1. In addition, I believe I have stellar LORs and extracurriculars. Aside from my DAT I think my application is actually pretty strong, but I am under the impression I have no shot. Let me know your thoughts, I know schools won't care about circumstances like family deaths, but I hope I have a small chance.

I've heard from a few sources that Touro underwent a huge setback in regards to their accreditation status. Something to do with faculty?? Can anybody confirm? I have an interview next week.
Uh oh

What have u heard specifically? My interview is next month and i havent booked my flight yet. any idea how this will affect us?

Hello SDNers,

I had some personal circumstances which delayed my DAT until a few days ago (several deaths in my family) even though I had submitted my application in June. No school had denied me yet, but I needed to quickly take the DAT to be considered. Touro was looking promising to me due to their late application availability but I think I don't have any shot now. Do they have cutoffs which are "hard" cutoffs?

I ended up with
PAT- 19
RC-24
TS-15
AA-17

Aside from this I have 40+ post bachelor credits with a 3.7 GPA as well as a Master's degree with a 3.6 GPA, undergrad GPA was a 3.1. In addition, I believe I have stellar LORs and extracurriculars. Aside from my DAT I think my application is actually pretty strong, but I am under the impression I have no shot. Let me know your thoughts, I know schools won't care about circumstances like family deaths, but I hope I have a small chance.
There is always an exception, but, tbh, your TS and AA are pretty low. However, you've done a great job after undergrad. Just give it a shot.

My interview is this Wednesday and I booked my flight/hotel/etc. already so I have to go now no matter what (otherwise it will be a waste of money). However, I'll ask that question when I'm there to keep everyone updated.

My interview is this Wednesday and I booked my flight/hotel/etc. already so I have to go now no matter what (otherwise it will be a waste of money). However, I'll ask that question when I'm there to keep everyone updated.

I cancelled my interview. Didn't want to waste money.

for those who are going to interview, where are you guys planning to stay? It's kinda hard to find a close and cheap one.
---------
nvm, I just picked one. I just realized that I can't erase my post. XD

Last edited:
Interviewing tomorrow!

Hope it goes well for you guys going soon. I have one in late march. Ugh.. Too late, but better than not getting invited.

For people wondering, i applied to touro on jan 15th ish and received the invite on feb 20th. So they took about a month to invite me.

24aa 24ts 3.45 s/o GPA.

Update: Dont worry about the accreditation issue. I asked that question during the interview and they said no such thing as set back for the accreditation.

Update: Dont worry about the accreditation issue. I asked that question during the interview and they said no such thing as set back for the accreditation.
I'm all for Touro, I'm not one of those who are going to crap on the school. But that statement sounds like it could've been accompanied with a nervous laugh.

Interviewed yesterday. Very laid back, I felt comfortable. Neat gym as well!

So interview experience. It was messy imo. I really wanted to see clinic but there was nothing to see. No clinic no sim lab. Renovation looks like will not be done in anytime soon. Location is bit problem because there is really nothing except school and jail. This worries me a bit about patients pool. Only thing that was good was food.

Yes, cause they'd openly admit if there were any setbacks to an interviewee, right?

Hi Guys, my interview will be on the week of spring break. I have questions for those who knows the school area. Is the city as crowded as central New York? Should i rent a car or just take cab/uber from airport to hotel?
I really appreciate if any can share your experience.

Hi Guys, my interview will be on the week of spring break. I have questions for those who knows the school area. Is the city as crowded as central New York? Should i rent a car or just take cab/uber from airport to hotel?

I never understood people not renting a car and paying uber/cab for 3~4 trips. When you book a trip, you also get a discount on the rental car, usually it comes out to $30~60, depending on location and the season. IMO renting is always cheaper way to go unless hotel you stay at offers shuttle service to and from airport, and school.

So interview experience. It was messy imo. I really wanted to see clinic but there was nothing to see. No clinic no sim lab. Renovation looks like will not be done in anytime soon. Location is bit problem because there is really nothing except school and jail. This worries me a bit about patients pool. Only thing that was good was food.

that's not good..Hopefully there will be some community outreach program that will let people know about dental care program school will offer to them...
We are really going to be the guinea pigs (if we go I mean)

The school is located in a suburb. It's quiet. Also, if you're flying in from JFK/LaGuardia your ride will be expensive seeing as how they are both > 45 minutes from the campus.

I personally am a graduate of NYMC, a member of the Touro University system, and I can say that the jail should not affect your decision. It is a very safe school. I went there for 2 years and absolutely loved the campus. It is not just a "jail and a school". As per the patient pool, I have worked in the clinics themselves and I never saw a single prisoner as a patient. There should be no worry. As a graduate, I felt that I should clarify this concern! :)

When are Touro's next round of interviews? Has anyone heard any news regarding Touro's current accreditation status?

does anyone know how and when they are going to send out first acceptances? second? or how they are gonna do it even?
just curious as they are just interviewing lots of folks, but noone has the seat yet b/c of accreditation.

does anyone know how and when they are going to send out first acceptances? second? or how they are gonna do it even?
just curious as they are just interviewing lots of folks, but noone has the seat yet b/c of accreditation.
Nobody knows.

The last accredition part is on March 8th.
If everything goes well, we will get the acceptances after the 8th

Reactions: 3 users