****The Official UAB Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know UAB usually does oos interviews first and then handles the bulk of their instate interviews around Oct./Nov. (At least based on what I’ve heard from recent years) Does anyone know if they’ve already started handing out instate interviews?
I've already had an interview, and I am in-state!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I interviewed in August and my entire interview group of 8 was in state as well.

If you get a supplement and you are oos, are you pretty much guaranteed for an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call for the interview!!!

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS???

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call
11/14 IS
ANY RECOMMENDATIONS???
Congratulations! This was the most conversational and relaxed interview I had, so just be yourself. They only select 250-300 to interview, so you should feel great that you received one.

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations! This was the most conversational and relaxed interview I had, so just be yourself. They only select 250-300 to interview, so you should feel great that you received one.
Thanks I feel so relieved. UAB was my first choice so I am pretty excited honestly!!

Does anyone know until what month they conduct interviews? Are they done with pre December interviews?

So after December they are done for this cycle?
Dr. Filler said while I was interviewing that they are generally done with their interview cycle by the middle of January. Keyword: usually
It could be earlier or later depending on how many interviewees they offered, how many accept, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all :)
I know the interviews start at 11AM, but around what time do they end?

Hi all :)
I know the interviews start at 11AM, but around what time do they end?
Depends on when you interview during the afternoon. They normally go alphabetically, or in order of who has to leave the earliest and travel the furthest, or at least thats how they did it when I interviewed. I was the 6th person interviewed out of 8 and left around 3:30pm.

I applied in September and I received my supplemental in the mail a couple weeks later. It was delivered back to them around the first of October. How long does it take them to notify if you get an interview or not?

I applied in September and I received my supplemental in the mail a couple weeks later. It was delivered back to them around the first of October. How long does it take them to notify if you get an interview or not?
I sent back the supplemental in July and never heard back, so I don't think they'll notify you if you don't get an interview until December 3rd.

For people that have interviewed, what is your status on AADSAS now?

Mine still says invited for interview even though I interviewed in August. Some schools just don't seem to update AADSAS often

Just got the call for an interview next week, Dec 5th!!! Anyone else??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Out of curiosity, has anyone received a rejection or acceptance letter yet?

AADSAS status update? Mine still says "Invited for interview."

AADSAS status update? Mine still says "Invited for interview."

mine says none but earlier this week said "invited for interview"
i think all the schools are going in changing the status so I really wouldn't much about it now

What’s everybody’s status on AADSAS now? I’m wondering if “none” versus “invited for interview” means anything

Mine also says "Invited for Interview" and I interviewed in August, no telling!

Just received the call - ACCEPTED!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know when they stop calling people or if they do it in a certain order?

@Nappygirl congrats!!! if you don't mind me asking, what was your AADSAS status before they called?

Has Anyone else heard anything?

I got the call this morning around 7:30 this morning! So excited
Just to save everyone asking:
In-state
AA22, TS23, PAT22
I don't know the AADSAS status before it. I just looked and it says offer made now.

Actually now that I think about it I do remember seeing it switch to "none" a week or two after my interview. So same as ^^. Not sure that makes any difference in accepted or not though

Does anyone have a guess on when they'll be done calling people? I've always heard of people being called in the morning, but you gotta think that it takes a while (even if they don't fill the whole class today).

I’m pretty sure they only call half of all acceptances today. Or half of the entire class and supposedly the other half gets called in January. Not sure how true this is, but a D2 there told me that.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Status
Not open for further replies.