****The Official UAB Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldicecream

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
No one made one yet, so decided to make one. Anyone receive the supplemental?

Link to last years' thread: University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry

Link to interview prep: University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
D
nope. I know someone who has, so that's worrying me. They send supplementals to potentially interview.
ont worry. It’s still early. Even EDP interviews aren’t even til August. I’ll see you there

Reactions: 1 user
I got it two days ago. Submitted my app on 6/5 with everything already accepted by AADSAS.

I got it two days ago. Submitted my app on 6/5 with everything already accepted by AADSAS.
just received mine today! For the "list extracurricular activities", did you include in parenthesis your title if you held one?

I received a supplmental and submitted in on 6/21.

if youre instate you automatically get one. however, if youre OOS, then they'll give you one if they want to interview you. interviews don't start till end of july-ish so don't worry. also don't stress for now b/ the class of 2022 is about to come in. we start class on july 9th, so admissions people are really swamped right now. but good luck!

I know last year was a crazy year as far as the # of applicants. Do you know if they are expecting a similar # this year or was last year just abnormal?

Got my supplemental and sent out 6/22. Does anyone know when they start calling to notify you for an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if this is correct, but is it safe to say that if I haven't received a supplemental by now, I will not get one?

I submitted first day, but my GPA is low, and I am OOS.

Just got the call from Kathy Champion for an interview! Answer your phones boys and girls!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got invited to an interview as well!

Reactions: 1 users
Im OOS, I submitted on June 29th and just got my supplemental app. this Saturday in the mail. I finished it and sent it out today. Best of luck to y'all at your interviews!

OOS
Received call from Kathy Champion, interview is 8/22!

Did those of you who submitted your supplementals already fill out the supplemental on paper then attach a PDF of your "reason for choosing UAB School of Dentistry"?
Thanks in advance!

Did those of you who submitted your supplementals already fill out the supplemental on paper then attach a PDF of your "reason for choosing UAB School of Dentistry"?
Thanks in advance!
I just squeezed it all on the paper they sent and tried to be as meaningful and concise as possible. I could have probably written a dissertation on why I wanted to go to UAB, but I refrained. :)

Got an interview invite this morning for August 22nd! I submitted my application on 06/26, I received the supplemental on 07/14 and sent it out on 07/17 and just got my interview invite today, 07/23. Hope this helps. Good luck to everybody applying!

Got an interview invite this morning for August 22nd! I submitted my application on 06/26, I received the supplemental on 07/14 and sent it out on 07/17 and just got my interview invite today, 07/23. Hope this helps. Good luck to everybody applying!
Congrats! Did you already have your letters of recommendation in when you got the interview invite?

Congrats! Did you already have your letters of recommendation in when you got the interview invite?
Thanks! Yes, mine were uploaded when I submitted my application.

Did anyone who submitted their application in July get a supplementary application?

For the people that already interviewed, was it one on one or group? I looked at the SDN breakdown of UAB and there was a mix of people who selected that their interview was one on one and some selected group. Thanks!

For the people that already interviewed, was it one on one or group? I looked at the SDN breakdown of UAB and there was a mix of people who selected that their interview was one on one and some selected group. Thanks!

You sit at a table with the Admission's Committee (5ppl). Some basic questions and then some super random questions lol

I'm OOS and my application got verified late July. I have not heard anything from them. Has anyone else who is OOS and submitted in late july?

I'm OOS and my application got verified late July. I have not heard anything from them. Has anyone else who is OOS and submitted in late july?

I’m OOS and was verified on July 28th and I haven’t heard anything either.

I'm OOS, got a supplemental in June and returned it within a week. I still haven't heard from them :(

I'm OOS, got a supplemental in June and returned it within a week. I still haven't heard from them :(
Same bro... same. They got me with the ole supplemental trick.

It’s like in middle school when someone would go to high five you, then pull their hand away at the last second. I see you UAB...

It’s like in middle school when someone would go to high five you, then pull their hand away at the last second. I see you UAB...
Well boys, add me to that list. I did the same thing, returned the supplemental last week of June and I had two friends who have very similar stats to me already interview. Doesn't feel great

@mrdee

Are you OOS? Maybe they are knocking out IS applicants first?

@mrdee

I recently interviewed at UAB and I am OOS. The group of 8 interviewees I was with were all OOS as well. Mostly from Florida and Georgia. From the impression I got it seemed like we were some of the first OOS applicants interviewed. So hang tight y’all, there is still a lot of time!

@mrdee

Yeah out of state. Last year it seemed like OOS were interviewed first and then IS later. I know some schools do this so I assumed UAB was like that.

It was at this moment that a single tear began to form at the corner of my eye. I sobbed uncontrollably and urinated on myself. I choked on my own spit. In a haze, I looked to the heavens and saw an apparition. It was Kathy Champion. She had a warm and gentle smile.

Suddenly, the sky turned black and thick billowing clouds surrounded her. Her eyes turned red. She curled her nose and let out a demonic shriek. She yelled to me in a deep and gurgling voice.

“HOW DARE YOU APPLY TO UAB?! YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO EVERYONE AND HAVE FAILED AS A PREDENT! YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!”

She proceeded to eat my entire AADSAS application in a single bite and swallowed it whole.

“My power levels are rising...” She said. “Gu gah gah mmmpzzterg jorp eergggg” Her eyes twitched and her arms were spasming. She was shapeshifting into her reptilian form.

“My final evolution is complete”

She had assumed the form of a sexually mature female agama. Her reptilian lips smirked mischievously. Just then, all expression fell from her face as she closed her eyes and went into a deep state of meditation. She crossed her legs in the lotus position and began to levitate. I watched her tail swing in mid air from her peaceful silhouette.

As she rose through the sky, I followed her with my eyes as best I could but she disappeared. She eventually ascended above the clouds, through the upper atmosphere and into deep space, where she will spend eternity in the gap between dimensions.

Anyway, I think it’s a wrap for me at UAB. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Is it safe to assume that I don’t have a chance at UAB if I still haven’t gotten the supplement? My app was verified 7/7

Does anyone know why the deadline on AADSAS says 10/31/18, but on the bottom of the supplemental app it says "completed application deadline: 11/30/18"? When I emailed admissions about the 10/31 deadline (before I received my supplemental), they told me that everything was due by that deadline (DAT, supplemental, everything), so I'm wondering why the supplemental would say a different date? Wanted to check before I called.

Hey all, does anyone know where UAB is in their interview schedule? How many interview groups have gone through?

Hey all, does anyone know where UAB is in their interview schedule? How many interview groups have gone through?
I do not know specifically, but I interview on August 22nd, and it seemed like we were one of the first few groups. So I would assume they are still early in the cycle.

i remember them mentioning they only interview on wednesdays. so potentially 8 groups since they started july 18th

I know UAB usually does oos interviews first and then handles the bulk of their instate interviews around Oct./Nov. (At least based on what I’ve heard from recent years) Does anyone know if they’ve already started handing out instate interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.