****The Official UAB Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received and interview invite yesterday afternoon for wed 1/9. OOS

Members don't see this ad :)
Any advice for the interview??

it goes by pretty quick!
Just be yourself, friendly, and don't think too long to answer your questions.
They see it as a red flag if you're over thinking simple questions like tell me about yourself, "what's your favorite food", etc
This interview isn't one-on-one. You will sit at the end of the table with 5 members of the committee.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have facebook so for those accepted, when will the dental school be sending us more information other than deposit and acceptance letter?

I don't have facebook so for those accepted, when will the dental school be sending us more information other than deposit and acceptance letter?

We will be getting a packet of information towards the end of next month and then we have preview day on March 29th. I’m sure information about that will be in the packet as well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Have people been denied yet? My status is still none and I was wondering what that meant

Have people been denied yet? My status is still none and I was wondering what that meant

i received an email earlier this month asking if I still wanted to be considered.
Have you received that?

I was denied without interview a month ago—Forgot to post. Wasn’t expecting to get in and I’m also OOS

Edit: my status changed from none to application rejected when I got the rejection email

OOS but still my status says none. I did get an email earlier in the month asking if I still want to be considered also.

Okay I will do that, thank you! do you know if UAB appreciates letter of intents? I've heard mixed reviews about some schools

Okay I will do that, thank you! do you know if UAB appreciates letter of intents? I've heard mixed reviews about some schools

If you send a letter, I would only just send the one. I don't think you have anything to lose and I would be surprised for a school to get upset about something like that. Just keep it professional and brief.

I just got the call from Dr. Filler! I'm in!

I interviewed in early August. I'm in state. He said they still had several spots to fill and that the process would probably take a few more weeks. Not sure what my current AADSAS status is because the page won't load. Was not waitlisted.

Reactions: 5 users
I just got the call from Dr. Filler! I'm in!

I interviewed in early August. I'm in state. He said they still had several spots to fill and that the process would probably take a few more weeks. Not sure what my current AADSAS status is because the page won't load. Was not waitlisted.

did you get an email asking if you were still interested?

Does anyone know if the didactics is integrated with the medical school students'?
Also, is equipment included? (Thanks! Didn't make a good list of this info after my interviews so I'm mixing things up between schools :( )

Last edited:
nope! my status still says invited for interview

Does anyone know if all the seats are filled?

I interviewed in August and haven't heard a peep yet and I am in state. My status just went from invited to interview to none. Any insight into what that could mean?

I interviewed in August and haven't heard a peep yet and I am in state. My status just went from invited to interview to none. Any insight into what that could mean?

I interviewed December and that same thing happened to me. I have no idea what it means.

I interviewed December and that same thing happened to me. I have no idea what it means.
Did it happen to you recently? I’m hoping it means we will be getting good news soon but I don’t want to get my hopes up.

Did it happen to you recently? I’m hoping it means we will be getting good news soon but I don’t want to get my hopes up.

Yeah I think it happened like late last week. But I’m not getting my hopes up. Just gonna hope for the best.

Yeah I think it happened like late last week. But I’m not getting my hopes up. Just gonna hope for the best.
Really considering calling up there to ask what that status change means. I’m on edge!

Really considering calling up there to ask what that status change means. I’m on edge!
My status did the same thing, changed to none, and I got that email yesterday. I called Kathy and asked what the email meant and she said it doesnt mean anything except they are still filling the class, and just wanted to make sure i was still interested. I hope they make the decision soon as i would just like to know finally!

Reactions: 1 users
My status did the same thing, changed to none, and I got that email yesterday. I called Kathy and asked what the email meant and she said it doesnt mean anything except they are still filling the class, and just wanted to make sure i was still interested. I hope they make the decision soon as i would just like to know finally!
Interesting to know. I’m in state and I don’t think in state gets those interest emails since it’s our state school they know we will go there if accepted.

Interesting to know. I’m in state and I don’t think in state gets those interest emails since it’s our state school they know we will go there if accepted.
Oh okay, yeah that makes sense. Well good luck to you, I hope you get good news soon!

If any late admits are a looking for an apartment, I'm trying to sublease mine. It's a 2 bedroom located a little over a mile from UAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.