The OFFICIAL UCLA Waitlist Thread (2005 ed.)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just wanted to let everyone know that I was accepted to UCLA. I received the notice yesterday. Have faith because the movement is still going. I talked to the admissions office and they said movement is still expected. Good luck!!! :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

ucla09 said:
I just wanted to let everyone know that I was accepted to UCLA. I received the notice yesterday. Have faith because the movement is still going. I talked to the admissions office and they said movement is still expected. Good luck!!! :) :)

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!! Feels good ,huh? Go and celebrate :)
How did you get the news - via mail/email/phone?

congrats ucla09... just a word of encouragement for all the rest of us still praying to get in... my tachycardia (or however its spelled) forced me to dig out the waitlist thread from last year, and the movement on the waitlist looked exactly like this year... extremely slow prior to june and then all of a sudden in july... BAMMMMM... a BUNCH of people get in starting the first week. the first two weeks of july are notoriously high movement weeks for waitlists all around, and then it slows down mid july, but some schools, including UCLA, give a couple of more acceptances that last week, upto 2 days before orientation (last year) and are even allowed to accept into the week of orientation. i know this isnt much news, but just wanted to give you guys some more hope. it reallllly gave me some hope, cause last year, there was an applicant with pretty much the same interview and waitlist dates as me, and similar app stats and he got inthe first week of july. hope this is good news. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
DoctorMohandes said:
congrats ucla09... just a word of encouragement for all the rest of us still praying to get in... my tachycardia (or however its spelled) forced me to dig out the waitlist thread from last year, and the movement on the waitlist looked esactly like this year... extremely slow prior to june and then all of a sudden in jule... BAMMMMM... a BUNCH of people get in starting the first week. the first two weeks of july are notoriously high movement weeks for waitlists all around, and then it slows down mid july, but some schools, including UCLA, give a couple of more acceptances that last week, upto 2 days before orientation (last year) and are even allowed to accept into the week of orientation. i know this is not much news, but just wanted to give you guys some more hope. it reallllly gave me some hope, cause last year, there was an applicant with pretty much the same interview and waitlist dates, and similar app stats and he got inthe first week of july. hope this is good news. :rolleyes:
yep, i got in first week of July off WL, and many of my other classmates did too. Seems like lots of applications were updated on July 5th (right after the July 4th holiday). If this yr is anything like last - expect lots of movement next week! Good luck

It's 12:27am on Saturday; why am I checking my status page?

gutye said:

dont worry...i do that too. :p

Sorry for not responding earlier. I do not have internet access at home.Now that I am accepted I am just relaxing at home. But anyways, I received a phone call and was accepted. I interviewed in December 2nd and waitlisted in May. I was accepted in last Tuesday. There is still movement. Keeping waiting and hoping. you will hear soon.

Congratulation UCLA09! I hope :luck: will also come our ways ...

So far, there are 3 sdner got accepted off the waitlist...2 was waitlisted in March and one in May..hm...I wonder what's the trend?

love2bbruin said:
Congratulation UCLA09! I hope :luck: will also come our ways ...

So far, there are 3 sdner got accepted off the waitlist...2 was waitlisted in March and one in May..hm...I wonder what's the trend?

Hopefully by this time Friday we will all have our acceptances and will be enjoying some alcohol :D !

Sorry in advance to those of you who see this thread with a new post and think the post July 4th "storm" started.

gutye said:
Hopefully by this time Friday we will all have our acceptances and will be enjoying some alcohol :D !

Sorry in advance to those of you who see this thread with a new post and think the post July 4th "storm" started.

I really want to call to ask what's going on with our waitlist right now...but don't know if I should!! This waiting is getting worse and worse :(

does anyone know what happens when you don't get in off the waitlist, do they send you a rejection letter eventually or is it just assumed that if you didn't get in once class starts, its over. Just want to know when I can officially mourn

Someone tell me you're in! Where is all the movement?

gutye said:

do you just do it though the admission status information? Would something extra pop up if your status change? On the little chart thing, the last line says final decision letter - then letter sent (the waitlist one) and then a date...

I'm in Tokyo now - and I know there hasn't been anything in the mail - but the whole new thing of them calling is kinda throwing me off (I thought UCLA used snail mail for acceptances off the waitlist) soooo if I could properly stalk online - that would be awesome. thanks!

could someone email me the answer? This page takes a bit of time to load from the internet cafe akivakahn(at)gmail.com

Members don't see this ad :)
angelakiva said:
do you just do it though the admission status information? Would something extra pop up if your status change? On the little chart thing, the last line says final decision letter - then letter sent (the waitlist one) and then a date...

I'm in Tokyo now - and I know there hasn't been anything in the mail - but the whole new thing of them calling is kinda throwing me off (I thought UCLA used snail mail for acceptances off the waitlist) soooo if I could properly stalk online - that would be awesome. thanks!

could someone email me the answer? This page takes a bit of time to load from the internet cafe akivakahn(at)gmail.com

I talked to one of the lady in the admission office; she told me that they will now start calling people to offer acceptance as space becomes available. I forgot to ask what if we weren't there to pick up the phone, would they skip and go to the next...I'll call and ask next week!! But basically, the waitlist is moving much slower than before and there's still 100 of us on the waitlist ... :(

love2bbruin said:
I talked to one of the lady in the admission office; she told me that they will now start calling people to offer acceptance as space becomes available. I forgot to ask what if we weren't there to pick up the phone, would they skip and go to the next...I'll call and ask next week!! But basically, the waitlist is moving much slower than before and there's still 100 of us on the waitlist ... :(

How many people were on the waitlist to begin with? I was told 100 on each (unranked and 2nd tier) so obviously that was wrong!

i called the office yesterday, and she said the class is currently full. to answer a previous post, she says if the committee decides to accept you, they'll track you down until they get a hold of you - they won't retract an acceptance just because you don't answer your phone.. don't worry :) sigh.. let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that people suddenly decide to drop out of ucla these next 2 weeks :T

marilyn said:
i called the office yesterday, and she said the class is currently full. to answer a previous post, she says if the committee decides to accept you, they'll track you down until they get a hold of you - they won't retract an acceptance just because you don't answer your phone.. don't worry :) sigh.. let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that people suddenly decide to drop out of ucla these next 2 weeks :T

it seems like the class is pretty much set...i've seen more people decided to drop UCSF/Columbia ...(bigger school) for UCLA. hey...but I still keep my fingers crossed for me and everyone here! good :luck:

anybody still holding out for this one? im counting myself out, i think. i put money down on a san diego apartment, preparing myself mentally for becoming a triton once again. where is everyone going as of today? anybody think there is a realistic shot at a ucla spot opening up?

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: I just got the call from Lili this morning... Still can't believe it. literally signed a lease in San Diego this weekend, thinking there is no way i could get into UCLA. Looks like there is still hope for all the rest of you. I really wish all of you the best of luck and hope to see you in 13 days. :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

i feel the same way, opinion kitten. i'm slowly starting to accept the fact that i'm not going to LA. instead, i'll be heading to BU.. ahh new england winters :\. at least you get san diego! congrats on that!

Oh, congratulations DoctorMohandes! I am excited to meet you! :)

im still on the waitlist as well.... its been a long ride, especially since i interviewed in october. hoping that some other people drop in the next few days....

congrats to mohandes, good job.

y

I'll be meeting you soon Mohandes! Have you decided where you'll be living?

Kownell said:
I'll be meeting you soon Mohandes! Have you decided where you'll be living?

honestly im still kinda dazed about the last two weeks, and im gonna try to figure out the housing sit today. any recommendations? ive heard great things about weyburn terrace, but doubt there are any left. if that doesnt work out, imma try to find something in westwood/brentwood area cause la traffic is nuts and i dont want to deal with it at 7:30 in the morning. how about you? where you living?

DoctorMohandes, as a medical student you are guaranteed housing at Weyburn. I'm pretty sure that the medical school reserves enough spots for all of the medical students.

I'll be living in Weyburn. As UCLAstudent said, there should be enough housing to accommodate you. Try giving UCLA housing a call at 310-825-4271 or emailing them at www.housing.ucla.edu/ask if you're truly anxious.

Come on over and aquaint yourseslf in the UCLA 2009 class threads section in the allopathic forum.

Since this is slowly turning into the Official Class of 2009 Thread, I guess there's not too much hope left for us waitlistees! Good luck in these last few days to everyone on the waitlist! :luck:

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: ok thats enough. and go allo to discuss your living arraingements, you jerks! :smuggrin: youre giving me a heart attack 3 times a day!

I agree, I'm on the HOLD list so there really is no hope for me. Its nice to see people getting in, but it kills me to read about you guys who get to go to UCLA when I would kill to be there. Congrats you lucky bastards

for people on the waitlist, where are you guys going to school in the fall?

Doc7 said:
I agree, I'm on the HOLD list so there really is no hope for me. Its nice to see people getting in, but it kills me to read about you guys who get to go to UCLA when I would kill to be there. Congrats you lucky bastards

anyone get off yet??
totally unbelievable how the waitlists have barely moved this year compared to years past, especially UCLAs.

Long_John said:
anyone get off yet??
totally unbelievable how the waitlists have barely moved this year compared to years past, especially UCLAs.

i wish.. i've given up, since orientation starts monday. unless someone doesn't show up, but i'm not betting on it :\ *sigh* where are you going, long john?

boooo, i think today was the orientation day, looks like ucla is done. what can you do. congrats to all who got in.

on a side note i most certainly peed on a ucla school of medicine buildling last weekend. there are no public restrooms in westwood! or at least none that my drunk ass could locate. the symbolism was rewarding, anyhow. :D

good luck this year, kids