The OFFICIAL UCLA Waitlist Thread (2005 ed.)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Acceptance!! :D
Interview:March 10
Final decision letter sent: June 2

UCLAstudent, I'll be seeing you and my other fellow Bruins in LA on August 1!

Kownell said:
Acceptance!! :D
Interview:March 10
Final decision letter sent: June 2

UCLAstudent, I'll be seeing you and my other fellow Bruins in LA on August 1!

Woohoo!!! :laugh:

Yayayayayayay! :D :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Best of luck to all of you that are still waiting to hear back! Hopefully some movement is coming your way. :luck:

Does anyone have any new updates on the status of the waitlist? I would call, but I have already called a million times and don't want my phone # to be blocked by the admissions office. :p

foxeeb1221 said:
Does anyone have any new updates on the status of the waitlist? I would call, but I have already called a million times and don't want my phone # to be blocked by the admissions office. :p

I just talked to them today..and they said movement is really slow now...and there will probably be "some" movement in a couple of weeks....i thought they usually take 1/3-1/2 of the waitlist? :(

I hope this means i'm in and that they're starting accept people. they wouldnt' status change me to reject me would they?

onihr said:
I hope this means i'm in and that they're starting accept people. they wouldnt' status change me to reject me would they?
were you on the waitlist b4?

yea the unranked waitlist

It sounds like temptingly good news. Good luck. Try giving 'em a call tomorrow morning to ease your nerves.

good news! everybody who got a status change after the waitlist last year got in! good luck

so, did anyone else get a status change after being waitlisted???

yo ro, i havent heard anything yet either, waitlisted april 5th. have you? did you decide between the other two yet? hope you got in.

-your buddy in italy

Members don't see this ad :)
onihr said:

Congrats! :D By the way, when did you interview? There seems to be some conspiracy theories out there about people who interviewed earlier having a better shot of getting off the waitlist.

has anybody heard how many spots we're all vying for? it seems the class is almost entirely full but then again they say almost every year close to half to a third get in. why do i get screwed my year? i dunno. but if anyone has more info, or if anyone else has gotten in the last coupla days please please share. congrats to all who got in.

Good News guys! The waitlist is moving!!! I got a status change yesterday 6/8 and I called today and was told that an acceptance was in the mail!!! I am freaking out but I wanted to let you know that people from the waitlist are getting in so despite all of the rumors there is hope. Good luck to you all!

UCLA c/o 2009 :)

Jen115 said:
Good News guys! The waitlist is moving!!! I got a status change yesterday 6/8 and I called today and was told that an acceptance was in the mail!!! I am freaking out but I wanted to let you know that people from the waitlist are getting in so despite all of the rumors there is hope. Good luck to you all!

congratulations, jen. you totally deserve this.. i'm so proud of you. i'm so jealous, but i'm really really happy for you - this is so exciting! i called the office, and she confirmed there's not that much movement, but at least there's some! yayy jen

Congrats, Jen115! See you in August. :)

yay! going to ucla. interviewed in january and waitlisted in march. yay what a relief!

Those who got off the waitlist: did you do/send in anything additional after put on the waitlist?

onihr said:
yay! going to ucla. interviewed in january and waitlisted in march. yay what a relief!

Woohoo! :thumbup:

nguyenlili said:
Those who got off the waitlist: did you do/send in anything additional after put on the waitlist?

I did send in a letter of intent but that's pretty much it. I also kept them updated on stuff I was doing in school, but nothing too intense. Good luck!!!

I'll see you in the Fall Jen!

Onihir: are you planning on heading down to westwood this Fall?

Kownell said:
I'll see you in the Fall Jen!

Onihir: are you planning on heading down to westwood this Fall?

yep, i'll be there!

Jen115 said:

Can you guyz tell us when were you waitlisted? Congratulation to those who got a status changed !

love2bbruin said:
Can you guyz tell us when were you waitlisted? Congratulation to those who got a status changed !

Hi again, thanks for all the congratulations. I can't wait to meet you all going. As to your question love2bbruin: my waitlist letter was sent 3/7/05. My status changed 6/8. Good luck, I hope that you hear good news soon.

See you all in August! ;)

Anyone else with a status change? I'm getting chronic diarrhea waiting for this one.

gutye said:
Anyone else with a status change? I'm getting chronic diarrhea waiting for this one.

i feel ya.. i haven't been able to sleep right :\

Yup, I'm also waiting. I'm starting to understand how hard the waiting game can really be.

Fuzzyhead said:
Yup, I'm also waiting. I'm starting to understand how hard the waiting game can really be.

Good luck guys, hopefully we'll be classmates in July!

Oh did I mention that quite a lot of people from my class were pulled off from the waitlist? So the list does move a lot, even in July.

CalBeE said:
Oh did I mention that quite a lot of people from my class were pulled off from the waitlist? So the list does move a lot, even in July.

That's what I hope for but I think this year is really different from the last 2 years. The waitlist did not move until June-ish and some people were waiting for their initial "final decision" all the way till June 5th too. I'm still crossing my fingers for all of us...but don't feel any hope right now :(

editing: ahhhh...i need to keep my hope alive!!!

love2bbruin said:
That's what I hope for but I think this year is really different from the last 2 years. The waitlist did not move until June-ish and some people were waiting for their initial "final decision" all the way till June 5th too. I'm still crossing my fingers for all of us...but don't feel any hope right now :(

editing: ahhhh...i need to keep my hope alive!!!

this is pretty much what happened last year. most of the movement of sdn kids last year seemed to occur in july, and nobody got the nod till june. dont sweat it! i anticipate around 1/3 of the waitlist kids getting off the list, and our best shot is still in july. dont lose hope!

this being said i am still sweating this whole waiting game, getting a tad stressful...

opinionkitten said:
this is pretty much what happened last year. most of the movement of sdn kids last year seemed to occur in july, and nobody got the nod till june. dont sweat it! i anticipate around 1/3 of the waitlist kids getting off the list, and our best shot is still in july. dont lose hope!

this being said i am still sweating this whole waiting game, getting a tad stressful...

have you or anyone here tried to call to get some news on the waitlist ? I'll do it when I could think of some better questions than ask "can you give me some news on the waitlist movement?"

love2bbruin said:
have you or anyone here tried to call to get some news on the waitlist ? I'll do it when I could think of some better questions than ask "can you give me some news on the waitlist movement?"

i called last week, and the office basically couldn't give me much info. i asked if it was true that the movement was slower this year, and she just said, "movement has been slow.." she then proceeded to try to comfort me by saying, "well, at least you've gotten into another school." sigh... i'm going to go insane.

opinionkitten said:

Sweating??? What I have requires a case of Pepto-Bismo and some constipation meds. I still can's believe that I have not had a restaining order put out on me by the admissions office for the number of times I have already contacted them. Do you guys find yourselves checking the status page during the night, even though you know that no one is in the office to possibly change it? That is how crazy I have become. To everyone, if we all get in, I am throwing the biggest party at my place. But only waitlisters allowed, since this process has caused many of our bowels to become whacked out and I figure the kegstands won't do any further harm. I don't want to damage the livers of those untainted original acceptees. You see....I am a very compassionate person. Who's in?

foxeeb1221 said:
Sweating??? What I have requires a case of Pepto-Bismo and some constipation meds. I still can's believe that I have not had a restaining order put out on me by the admissions office for the number of times I have already contacted them. Do you guys find yourselves checking the status page during the night, even though you know that no one is in the office to possibly change it? That is how crazy I have become. To everyone, if we all get in, I am throwing the biggest party at my place. But only waitlisters allowed, since this process has caused many of our bowels to become whacked out and I figure the kegstands won't do any further harm. I don't want to damage the livers of those untainted original acceptees. You see....I am a very compassionate person. Who's in?

hahahah i check the status page like every hour. for a while, i even checked it in the middle of the night when i woke up to pee :\

I feel your pain. Everytime my status page takes an extra second to load, my heart races thinking there has been an update. Then I see no change and feel like I just got smacked across the head by a wrestler.

gutye said:
I feel your pain. Everytime my status page takes an extra second to load, my heart races thinking there has been an update. Then I see no change and feel like I just got smacked across the head by a wrestler.

i feel ya all...like yesterday..around 5pm California time, I checked my status page and suddenly it couldn't load the page...i refreshed like 3 times....it still didn't work. I re-entered my number...still "page can't be found"...i shut down everything and re-open the IE......sad...still nothing change on my status page!!! :(

any news so far? good luck guys.

So, we all know by now that the waitlist is unranked. But, does it really make sense that the admiss. committee did not rank it after the may 15th deadline. Do you really think that the committee would re-review all files everytime a spot opens up on the waitlist. That would take so much time. They have to have ranked the list somewhere along the line to make the whole process easier. Has anyone every asked about this? So far, no new news from my end. :mad:

foxeeb1221 said:
So, we all know by now that the waitlist is unranked. But, does it really make sense that the admiss. committee did not rank it after the may 15th deadline. Do you really think that the committee would re-review all files everytime a spot opens up on the waitlist. That would take so much time. They have to have ranked the list somewhere along the line to make the whole process easier. Has anyone every asked about this? So far, no new news from my end. :mad:

Yea, it's frustrating, isn't it?
This whole selection process didn't make sense to me until I heard this from someone: Most "unranking" schools pull applicants off the waitlist based on their resemblance. In other words, if someone decides not to enroll, the school will select the individual that resembles him the most from the waitlist. Keep your fingers crossed. :luck:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, no news still????????????????????????????????????????????

gutye said:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, no news still????????????????????????????????????????????

Apparently not!

when i called she said its really slow and the class seems pretty set. so depending on if anyone withdraws now there might be very little change. i guess this isnt new but that should explain why nothings going on

man some ucla som kids better hurry up and withdraw already, me wants a spot. hopefully there will be some more movement in july. anyone have baseless speculation as to why there is less movement this year so far? all i can think of is the slightly improved usnews rank this year over last. anyhow, good luck to all

opinionkitten said:
man some ucla som kids better hurry up and withdraw already, me wants a spot. hopefully there will be some more movement in july. anyone have baseless speculation as to why there is less movement this year so far? all i can think of is the slightly improved usnews rank this year over last. anyhow, good luck to all

Less movement across the nation. Blame the higher number of applicants...
I also have this school I really want to get into, but no news as of yet.