You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UCSF Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by predent7777
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an email from UCSF inviting me to complete their supplemental application! It is online and open for a certain amount of time. I'm second batch mailed out 7/2.So anyone from 2nd batch get a supplemental?
Does this by any chance guarantee an interview..? Fingers crossed.
lol doubt it, you pay the app fee through the supplemental thing.Does this by any chance guarantee an interview..? Fingers crossed.
Damlol doubt it, you pay the app fee through the supplemental thing.
There's always next year, don't feel too down!
I just got an email from UCSF inviting me to complete their supplemental application! It is online and open for a certain amount of time. I'm second batch mailed out 7/2.
^ Same
UCSF is on my portal waiting for additional information, but I didn't receive an email from them. Anyone else have this issue? Should I give them a call or just wait a day or 2?
Hmm. I'm not sure, I got the email yesterday and it says received under review. Maybe just give it a week or so. When was your app sent out? Is everything on your app submitted?
Hmm. I'm not sure, I got the email yesterday and it says received under review. Maybe just give it a week or so. When was your app sent out? Is everything on your app submitted?
Second batch, and no it still needs my DAT score. Maybe that's why? But idk because all my other schools are letting me do their supplemental beforehand. I just hope this doesn't cut time out from the time limit for submitting the supplemental, that's all.
There's always next yearSecond batch, and no it still needs my DAT score. Maybe that's why? But idk because all my other schools are letting me do their supplemental beforehand. I just hope this doesn't cut time out from the time limit for submitting the supplemental, that's all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Second batch, and no it still needs my DAT score. Maybe that's why? But idk because all my other schools are letting me do their supplemental beforehand. I just hope this doesn't cut time out from the time limit for submitting the supplemental, that's all.
Okay, well maybe they just want to see your dat score before they go through the trouble of sending you a supplemental app. I'm sure they will give you the same 2 weeks as they give everybody else.
Hey guys, does anyone have trouble making your pdf prerequisite sheet less than 1.5 MB? Mines is 10.5MB..
Did it prevent you from uploading when it was at 10.5? I just submitted and didn't even check, so no idea if I was under haha
Don't worry, it would've told you if you were over and not allow you to submit it.Did it prevent you from uploading when it was at 10.5? I just submitted and didn't even check, so no idea if I was under haha
Don't worry, it would've told you if you were over and not allow you to submit it.
LOL yep.
What did everyone write for the other section?
I mean the "other" section
I mean the "other" section
Probably shouldn't discuss the secondary questions on here. Last thread someone posted the questions and I'm pretty sure the thread was removed because of this.
5th batch, got my supplemental link today.
Same--5th batch! 🙂🙂🙂
I believe there is a little selection--based on their website's "Application Procedures" page they make sure you have at least a 2.7 overall and science GPA (CA residents) and 3.0 (OOS) as well as at least a 17 in the TS and AA sections of the DAT.does anyone know if everyone who applies gets the supplementary app? or is there some sort of selection that is involved?
I just submitted my supplemental application and when I tried clicking print applications, it showed that my pre-requisite form was blank although I made sure the prerequisite form and everything was filled before I submitted. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I wonder if it's because i used a Mac.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I too used a Mac and had this problem(idk if it's a Mac thing or not) but I contacted them and they checked everything in their end and said it looked great! So I don't think you have anything to worry about, but maybe use the messaging system on the supplementary app website.I just submitted my supplemental application and when I tried clicking print applications, it showed that my pre-requisite form was blank although I made sure the prerequisite form and everything was filled before I submitted. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I wonder if it's because i used a Mac.
UCLA also uses a similar PDF for their secondary, and they included this in the email: "Note that you cannot save your information on the form if you are using Adobe Reader or a Mac." So I guess you need a PC and other pdf software (I use Foxit Reader) to fill out the app.I just submitted my supplemental application and when I tried clicking print applications, it showed that my pre-requisite form was blank although I made sure the prerequisite form and everything was filled before I submitted. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I wonder if it's because i used a Mac.
Thanks for the Information. I also need to submit my UCLA supplemental and I don't want the same thing happening so I'll try to used that software you're talking about.
I just received an email saying my secondary app was received and complete and that I'm now under review.
1st batch and I submitted my secondary on 07/27.
For the first question of the supplemental, did you guys discuss just one experience or multiple ones? Thanks!
For the first question of the supplemental, did you guys discuss just one experience or multiple ones? Thanks!
I did one since it is only 1500 characters.
Got my application complete email, 5th batch, secondary submitted 8/3
You lock the application (you can no longer make changes) and then click submit.Last section (Submitting your app): Do you wish to lock your application?
^What does this mean?
Mailed out 8/13, got supplemental today.
I know there are people from UCLA here or other quarter systems so can you please help me out?
I took the chem 14 series and when i fill out the prereq worksheet, under gen chem i put 14A, 14B, and 14BL which only adds up to 11 units and it says we need 12. For org chem I have 14C, 14 CL and 14D which also adds up to 11 units but we only need 8 there. Is this okay? I'm assuming so since they get tons of UCLA applicants every year and it isn't like we have different curriculum, plus our labs overlap for gen and org so....just looking for reassurance I guess lol
I know there are people from UCLA here or other quarter systems so can you please help me out?
I took the chem 14 series and when i fill out the prereq worksheet, under gen chem i put 14A, 14B, and 14BL which only adds up to 11 units and it says we need 12. For org chem I have 14C, 14 CL and 14D which also adds up to 11 units but we only need 8 there. Is this okay? I'm assuming so since they get tons of UCLA applicants every year and it isn't like we have different curriculum, plus our labs overlap for gen and org so....just looking for reassurance I guess lol
Last edited:
It should be ok.
FYI for those wondering - Mailed out date on my AADSAS app was 8/7 and got the UCSF Supplemental on 8/11
Mailed out 8/13, got supplemental today.
I know there are people from UCLA here or other quarter systems so can you please help me out?
I took the chem 14 series and when i fill out the prereq worksheet, under gen chem i put 14A, 14B, and 14BL which only adds up to 11 units and it says we need 12. For org chem I have 14C, 14 CL and 14D which also adds up to 11 units but we only need 8 there. Is this okay? I'm assuming so since they get tons of UCLA applicants every year and it isn't like we have different curriculum, plus our labs overlap for gen and org so....just looking for reassurance I guess lol
Were your DAT scores already received by UCSF? My mail out date was 8/7 but still have not been contacted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah everything was sent in at once so that might be whyWere your DAT scores already received by UCSF? My mail out date was 8/7 but still have not been contacted.
How long from when schools receive your apps does UCSF send their supplemental?
Thank you! My mail out was yesterday so I'll be patiently wait for maybe two weeks.My mail out date was 7/31. Received supplemental on 8/6. However, it could be different depending on how far we get into the cycle.
Has anyone heard of people receiving rejection e-mails? 

Similar threads
- Replies
- 20
- Views
- 14K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K
