-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****The Official UCSF Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
But no email from them yet right? I haven't gotten a single email from them yet.
My app was turned in to them on 7/13, and was listed on my AADSAS as "received/under review" pretty soon after that, but for some reason I just got an email today from UCSF telling me my application is complete and will now be submitted for review..so not sure when it actually went under review, but I guess they do send you an email verifying
Ive gotten two emails from them, one saying that I needed to submit my 2ndary app fee, and another saying my file is ready to be under review and that it could take a month or so. That was a month ago that I received the last one.But no email from them yet right? I haven't gotten a single email from them yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
6
670206
Traditionally, when do they begin to send out interviews?
Apparently they have already started sending out interviews and rejections. In the past, interviews weren't sent out until late August/early september.Traditionally, when do they begin to send out interviews?
Interview numero uno 
School: UCSF
Notification date: 7/26
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below 17

School: UCSF
Notification date: 7/26
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below 17
Interview numero uno
School: UCSF
Notification date: 7/26
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below 17
Congrats!! Did they just send out an email??
Good to know that they're still giving interviews to people who submitted early.
6
670206
Got an interview! OOS from the midwest.
Congrats! Hopefully I hear back soon my app was complete the same dateInterview numero uno
School: UCSF
Notification date: 7/26
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below 17
Email was sent/portal updated to "Invited for Interview".. good luck, everyone!Congrats!! Did they just send out an email??
Did you happen to choose the Ph.D/DMD option when filling out their essays on AADSAS? Just curious because I have been debating on that option before submitting (Research Heavy background) Thank you!Email was sent/portal updated to "Invited for Interview".. good luck, everyone!
PM'dDid you happen to choose the Ph.D/DMD option when filling out their essays on AADSAS? Just curious because I have been debating on that option before submitting (Research Heavy background) Thank you!
Damn it you're giving me like 50000 notifications.Hey guys, I’m excited for everyone as interviews are starting! There’s a really cool Facebook group to help students learn how to pay off student loans and learn the business side of dentistry that you can join if you want. It's called "Making Money After Dental School Mastermind." Several students from this school are already in the group. I look forward to seeing you there.
Log into Facebook | Facebook
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
SeriouslyDamn it you're giving me like 50000 notifications.
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sameRejection email received 🙁
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
just got rejected. even with strong research background
Just got rejected as well 🙁
wouldnt hurt now... call them and let us know why you got denied. ill call them as well.Do you guys think if we call them they'll tell us why we were rejected?
also for everyone getting denied. do you guys mind sharing your stats.
wouldnt hurt now... call them and let us know why you got denied. ill call them as well.
also for everyone getting denied. do you guys mind sharing your stats.
Just got rejected.
25AA 23TS 25PAT
3.8GPA
23 AA 23 TS 3.63 o gpa 3.6 sgpawouldnt hurt now... call them and let us know why you got denied. ill call them as well.
also for everyone getting denied. do you guys mind sharing your stats.
Ugh wtf I still haven't heard anything. I got the under review email from ucsf back in the end of June.
Is anyone in the same boat as me?
Is anyone in the same boat as me?
probably means you are still in the runningUgh wtf I still haven't heard anything. I got the under review email from ucsf back in the end of June.
Is anyone in the same boat as me?
Do you guys mind sharing when you got the under review email from UCSF?
July 17thDo you guys mind sharing when you got the under review email from UCSF?
I’m pretty sad right now. Received rejection email. UCSF was my top choice, I volunteered there a few times as well.
App complete email on July 19. If you received the under review email around this time or before but still haven’t heard anything, that’s probably a good thing.
3.2 overall 3.2 sci
Postbac 3.99
24AA/26TS
In-state
300+ shadowing in multiple offices
Extensive leadership and community service experiences
No research.
Good luck to everyone else still in the running!
App complete email on July 19. If you received the under review email around this time or before but still haven’t heard anything, that’s probably a good thing.
3.2 overall 3.2 sci
Postbac 3.99
24AA/26TS
In-state
300+ shadowing in multiple offices
Extensive leadership and community service experiences
No research.
Good luck to everyone else still in the running!
Last edited:
Does your portal change to rejected if you've been rejected?
Yep says application deniedDoes your portal change to rejected if you've been rejected?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected from UCSF!
Okay WHAT IS GOING ON with ucsf this year!? It seems like they're updating interview invites and rejections every Wednesday, but I've seen so many "above average" stats be rejected while "below" ucsf averages being invited for interviews. Has it always been like this & what are they looking for? I'm just so nervous
Rejected... I'm so sad right now...
GPA/sGPA: 3.51/3.48
DAT: 22AA/21TS/20PAT/22RC/22QR/19BIO/24OC/20GC
300+ dental shadowing
500+ research experience
100+ community service
Many extracurriculars with leadership positions
and Cali resident
GPA/sGPA: 3.51/3.48
DAT: 22AA/21TS/20PAT/22RC/22QR/19BIO/24OC/20GC
300+ dental shadowing
500+ research experience
100+ community service
Many extracurriculars with leadership positions
and Cali resident
Yeah it has been like that in the past too, really don't know what they're looking forOkay WHAT IS GOING ON with ucsf this year!? It seems like they're updating interview invites and rejections every Wednesday, but I've seen so many "above average" stats be rejected while "below" ucsf averages being invited for interviews. Has it always been like this & what are they looking for? I'm just so nervous
I've learned they are very much about diversity and try to take in unique applicants.Okay WHAT IS GOING ON with ucsf this year!? It seems like they're updating interview invites and rejections every Wednesday, but I've seen so many "above average" stats be rejected while "below" ucsf averages being invited for interviews. Has it always been like this & what are they looking for? I'm just so nervous
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
They are well known for rejecting people with very high GPAs/DATs. They don't just look at those stats when accepting people. I guess there has to be something really special about the applicant for them to interview them. I'm sure if UCSF wanted, they could have a class that averaged 3.7+ GPA and 23+ DAT like Harvard/Columbia/UCLA, but they're more about diversifying their class.Okay WHAT IS GOING ON with ucsf this year!? It seems like they're updating interview invites and rejections every Wednesday, but I've seen so many "above average" stats be rejected while "below" ucsf averages being invited for interviews. Has it always been like this & what are they looking for? I'm just so nervous
UCSF is in my backyard so I really hope to at least get an interview from them. I guess we'll have to see 🙂
Im on the same boat as you are in. I was put in under review for a while now, but I haven't heard anything from them yet. I mean this is definitely better than getting rejected. So we just wait. D:Does your portal change to rejected if you've been rejected?
Okay WHAT IS GOING ON with ucsf this year!? It seems like they're updating interview invites and rejections every Wednesday, but I've seen so many "above average" stats be rejected while "below" ucsf averages being invited for interviews. Has it always been like this & what are they looking for? I'm just so nervous
That's normal for UCSF every year, I saw it happen during my cycle as well. There's definitely something particular they're looking for but it isn't entirely clear what that is.
Rejected from UCSF 8/7 around 4:30 PM (EST).
California Resident, 3.48 sGPA, 3.52 cGPA, 23 AA, 22 TS, 20 PAT, research lab for 2 semesters, shadowed 1 GP, 2 Periodontists, 1 Prosthodontist over the past 4 years.
Best of luck friends!! You're all going to do great.
California Resident, 3.48 sGPA, 3.52 cGPA, 23 AA, 22 TS, 20 PAT, research lab for 2 semesters, shadowed 1 GP, 2 Periodontists, 1 Prosthodontist over the past 4 years.
Best of luck friends!! You're all going to do great.
School: UCSF
Notification date: 8/7
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
Application completion date (email from UCSF): 7/10
Interview Date: 10/16
GPA (science, overall) 3.74, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 24/ TS 22/ PAT 20/ RC 23/ QR 27 none below 17
Career changer (high school teacher for 5 years), 900+ hours of dental shadowing, no research experience
Notification date: 8/7
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
Application completion date (email from UCSF): 7/10
Interview Date: 10/16
GPA (science, overall) 3.74, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 24/ TS 22/ PAT 20/ RC 23/ QR 27 none below 17
Career changer (high school teacher for 5 years), 900+ hours of dental shadowing, no research experience
Last edited:
Interview invitation:
School: UCSF
Notification date: 8/7
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
Application completion date (email from UCSF): 7/19
Interview Date: 10/20
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26AA/30TS/22PAT/23RC/none
School: UCSF
Notification date: 8/7
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
Application completion date (email from UCSF): 7/19
Interview Date: 10/20
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26AA/30TS/22PAT/23RC/none
Hey, I just received an interview invite email today (8/7/17) at 2:09 pm. I'm scheduled for 10/20/17 from 9-2:30. I was hoping if anyone can share their interview experience if they had already done so at UCSF. I want to know what type of interview is it and what questions did they ask, the DentStay process and event (if taken), and just your personal experience or how you felt about the interview and your time at UCSF and San Fran in general! You can personally DM me (I just recently made an account today, so sorry if I'm not using the terms correctly) if you want! Thank you so much for the help! Here are my stats if anyone is interested:
AA: 21
PA: 21
QR: 18
RC: 19
TS: 23
oGPA: 3.635
sGPA: 3.708
Feel free to ask me questions, too! I want to help as much as I can!
AA: 21
PA: 21
QR: 18
RC: 19
TS: 23
oGPA: 3.635
sGPA: 3.708
Feel free to ask me questions, too! I want to help as much as I can!
Since they're giving interviews for October 20th, I'm using they've already sent out around 1 month of interviews?
Interview #3
School: UCSF
Notification date: 08/07
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/14
Application complete date: 7/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.76, 3.77
DAT (AA/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/24/none
My interview is on October 23rd!
School: UCSF
Notification date: 08/07
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/14
Application complete date: 7/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.76, 3.77
DAT (AA/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/24/none
My interview is on October 23rd!
Last edited:
For people that got interviews: did you just reply with like a sentence saying you accept the invitation? We have to send something back in order to confirm, and figured it would be ok to just be brief and to the point.
I got my offer for interview today. I just responded saying that I was confirming my interview date. I got an automated response back though which I believe is receipt of confirmation. Just make sure you do it within 3 days of the notification. I'm from the Bay Area as well, so if you need a tour guide reach out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my offer for interview today. I just responded saying that I was confirming my interview date. I got an automated response back though which I believe is receipt of confirmation. Just make sure you do it within 3 days of the notification. I'm from the Bay Area as well, so if you need a tour guide reach out.
Same here. I just replied to their email and got an automated response back. Also, are you attending the SNDA one?
Any suggest on the hotel that affordable and close to school? ThanksI got my offer for interview today. I just responded saying that I was confirming my interview date. I got an automated response back though which I believe is receipt of confirmation. Just make sure you do it within 3 days of the notification. I'm from the Bay Area as well, so if you need a tour guide reach out.
Can I have one stupid question? I got my email for an interview today. And they tell us to reply to confirm. But what email address do we have to reply exactly? I clicked reply to their email and their address is "donotreply" something. 



But anyway, so happy to receive my first interview. Hope to see you guys soon at UCSF, my day is Nov 3




But anyway, so happy to receive my first interview. Hope to see you guys soon at UCSF, my day is Nov 3
I got my offer for interview today. I just responded saying that I was confirming my interview date. I got an automated response back though which I believe is receipt of confirmation. Just make sure you do it within 3 days of the notification. I'm from the Bay Area as well, so if you need a tour guide reach out.
Can you tell me what time you submitted your interview acceptance email and also what the automatic message said because I didn't receive an automatic response after I accepted the invitation? I replied back to them around 4 pm. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Same here. I just replied to their email and got an automated response back. Also, are you attending the SNDA one?
Can you tell me what time you submitted your interview acceptance email and also what the automatic message said because I didn't receive an automatic response after I accepted the invitation? I replied back to them around 4 pm. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 20
- Views
- 14K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 6K