****The Official UCSF Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if UCSF is able to give any feedback on rejections? Just got mine today and not sure why I wasn't at least kept in the pile until later in the cycle? Do they finish doing all interviews before December?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone know if UCSF is able to give any feedback on rejections? Just got mine today and not sure why I wasn't at least kept in the pile until later in the cycle? Do they finish doing all interviews before December?
When was your app complete date?

Members don't see this ad :)
They have 8 pre-December and 2 post-December interview days

I think they have 9 total pre-December and 3 in January. That's what they mentioned yesterday at the interview day and what was on their post-interview survey. They also mentioned that they moved up their dates this year since they got feedback in previous years that their interviews were too late in the process.

Dates remaining pre-Dec: 10/20, 10/23, 11/3, 11/6
Dates post-Dec: 1/19, 1/26, 1/29

Reactions: 1 user
I think they have 9 total pre-December and 3 in January. That's what they mentioned yesterday at the interview day and what was on their post-interview survey. They also mentioned that they moved up their dates this year since they got feedback in previous years that their interviews were too late in the process.

Dates remaining pre-Dec: 10/20, 10/23, 11/3, 11/6
Dates post-Dec: 1/19, 1/26, 1/29
How was the interview careercharger09? I have it coming up soon, and I am super nervous

How was the interview careercharger09? I have it coming up soon, and I am super nervous

It was pretty relaxed and conversational. Two interviews (one student, one faculty) and 1 typed writing sample where you respond to a quote. The day is really about you getting to know the school. Good luck!

It was pretty relaxed and conversational. Two interviews (one student, one faculty) and 1 typed writing sample where you respond to a quote. The day is really about you getting to know the school. Good luck!

Is it just a response to a quote, or more of a essay thing?

Is it just a response to a quote, or more of a essay thing?

It was a response to a quote. They gave you 30 min in front of a computer to type a response. It was a 3000 character/500 word max but the admissions staff kept saying that one of the best responses was only 4 sentences.

It was a response to a quote. They gave you 30 min in front of a computer to type a response. It was a 3000 character/500 word max but the admissions staff kept saying that one of the best responses was only 4 sentences.
I kept my answer concise and precise at ~300 words. 500 words is a bit too wordy imo.

I kept my answer concise and precise at ~300 words. 500 words is a bit too wordy imo.
For the essay do you think I should make it related to dentistry? Or can I pretty much talk about anything as long as it answers the prompt?

Last edited:
For the essay do you think I should make it related to dentistry? Or can I pretty much talk about anything as long as it answers the prompt?
They told us that they're mainly going to analyze the grammar. It's very open ended.

It's very open ended. Like drcpt said, they're using it more to make sure you can string a sentancr together. With the quote my day had, I personally feel like it would've been a little robotic and forced to relate it to dentistry... but I guess you could?
Really don't fret about it. If you got this far, you're smart enough and can write well enough that you'll be fine... they're not trying to trick you

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I don't think it means anything lol. They probably just send it to everyone who applied

Hello pals! Any tips for UCSF faculty interview?
"It really depends on who you get" is what I heard, but after attending my own interview, this is very true. The interview itself was very conversational but I wouldn't call it "laid-back". Be prepared to be able to show your personality in 30 minutes.. which I thought was a long time but it was not. Definitely was not my best interview, it was probably mediocre. However, I asked another girl how hers went and she said it went great. Some interviewers are more cheerful, some are more quiet - gotta be prepared for anybody. Good luck!

Anyone else get physical mail from the office of registrar?

Financial aid award package login info. Nothing too exciting lol
Wow! Have you interviewed already? If you have, I think that means you are in?! Cuz I remember scrolling around last year's posts, and there is one guy who received a financial aid package in the mail and shortly after received an acceptance!

Last edited:
I just got the same financial aid package too

I think every applicant, at least the ones who have interviewed, gets that letter? I just got one in the mail too! I wouldn't really call it a package. It's that separate financial aid application they mentioned at the interviews.

I think every applicant, at least the ones who have interviewed, gets that letter? I just got one in the mail too! I wouldn't really call it a package. It's that separate financial aid application they mentioned at the interviews.

Yes, def not a package. It's the ~login~ for potential award packages that all applicants should be receiving soon based off when you interviewed

Yeahh sorry that’s what i meant. The COLS thing right?

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the financial aid/COLS application? I just took a look this morning but wasn't able to get past the page after the login.

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the financial aid/COLS application? I just took a look this morning but wasn't able to get past the page after the login.

same. the link they gave does not work and when I tried to google and log in, I cannot log in with the info they gave us. HELP!

same. the link they gave does not work and when I tried to google and log in, I cannot log in with the info they gave us. HELP!
I called them. They told me to download the firefox browser and to try opening the application on that. Surely enough, it worked! Sometimes glitchy but works for the most part

Said the review process can take up to 4 weeks, and its been 5 weeks since my app was complete/sent for reviewing. Idk if I should feel good or bad about this. Canadian applicant here so I understand that my chances are even lower than OOS, but SF would be a hell of a place to go, even for just an interview haha.

Guys! For those who already interviewed, are we supposed to finish FAFSA/CSS and UCSF's individual financial aid application by 11/13? I am not sure how that could be feasible given I just got an email today about this 4-day open window until deadline....

Reactions: 1 users
Guys! For those who already interviewed, are we supposed to finish FAFSA/CSS and UCSF's individual financial aid application by 11/13? I am not sure how that could be feasible given I just got an email today about this 4-day open window until deadline....

I think the November 13th deadline is in order to receive a financial aid award package by early December. It takes ~3-4 days for documents to be processed, so you should do it all today if you want an early December package pending an admissions decision.

Does everyone who had interviewed get an email for financial aid application?

Said the review process can take up to 4 weeks, and its been 5 weeks since my app was complete/sent for reviewing. Idk if I should feel good or bad about this. Canadian applicant here so I understand that my chances are even lower than OOS, but SF would be a hell of a place to go, even for just an interview haha.
Just recieved the rejection email today haha. 3.5 GPA/23AA-25TS with good research experience. Good luck to you all.

App has been completed for more than 2 months, still nothing... :(

Got an interview invite today! For Jan.

Got an interview yesterday. I couldn't be happier! :)

Also got an invite on Thursday for a January interview! App went under review on Sept. 1 so it def took more than 4 weeks to get back to me so have faith if you're in a similar boat haha!

Hey everyone, I also go the physical mail from UCSF telling me to apply to FAFSA/COLS Application/College Board. I got the letter on Nov 3.

However, I looked on the website and apparently the "priority deadline" was November 1 and the final deadline is November 13. Does anyone know what this "priority deadline" means? And what happens if we apply after November 13?

Also, the College Board application is super long!

Hey everyone, I also go the physical mail from UCSF telling me to apply to FAFSA/COLS Application/College Board. I got the letter on Nov 3.

However, I looked on the website and apparently the "priority deadline" was November 1 and the final deadline is November 13. Does anyone know what this "priority deadline" means? And what happens if we apply after November 13?

Also, the College Board application is super long!

I think November 13th is actually the priority deadline. I called their financial aid office last week. They said as long as you get it in by 11/13 then you will still be in the first group of financial aid letters. I think if you turn it in after 11/13 then you will just get your financial aid later (not early December?). I would just call the office and they can tell you what to do they. They were super helpful when I called.

I think November 13th is actually the priority deadline. I called their financial aid office last week. They said as long as you get it in by 11/13 then you will still be in the first group of financial aid letters. I think if you turn it in after 11/13 then you will just get your financial aid later (not early December?). I would just call the office and they can tell you what to do they. They were super helpful when I called.
Thanks for the reply @careerchanger09! Did you already submit your stuff? Also, jw, did you end up including your parents information on FAFSA and College Board?

does anybody know how many out of state students UCSF interview? (or based off of last year's number of applicants?)

It looks like their website doesn't have as much info as it used to, but in the cycle I applied I believe for OOS they interviewed around 100, accepted around 50, and matriculated around 25.

Hello,

My application was completed on September 29th. It is still under review in AADSAS, but it's been more than a month and a half. I heard they only have three days left for interviews 1/19, 1/26, 1/29. (it seems 1/19 is done too).

From what you have seen above, do you think that my application has been denied? I am non-trad with AA 21 only.

I just hope they can give a decision before Christmas. I really do not want this devastating news as my Christmas present

Hello,

My application was completed on September 29th. It is still under review in AADSAS, but it's been more than a month and a half. I heard they only have three days left for interviews 1/19, 1/26, 1/29. (it seems 1/19 is done too).

From what you have seen above, do you think that my application has been denied? I am non-trad with AA 21 only.

I just hope they can give a decision before Christmas. I really do not want this devastating news as my Christmas present
Hang in there! I'd like to think that as long as we haven't been denied, we are still in the running

Hang in there! I'd like to think that as long as we haven't been denied, we are still in the running
I agree! I am in the same situation. I have called the school several times and the secretary always tells me that not being denied this far into the semester is a good sign, because they have rejected a lot of people already.

Status
Not open for further replies.