***The Official UF Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

This is the only school I had an interview at, but it was the only one I applied to also. Maybe waitlist or next year...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's safe to say it's over fellas.. Maybe better luck to those waitlisted. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Jus thought I would share something with u guys that were super excited about UF! I have a buddy that is a student at UFCD and he told me a lot of his classmates didnt get in on Dec 1, and many are waitlisted and then eventually ended up getting in, even after accepting spots at other schools. So stay positive if you end up being waitlisted !!! It may still end up working out favorably for you!

Reactions: 6 users
Jus thought I would share something with u guys that were super excited about UF! I have a buddy that is a student at UFCD and he told me a lot of his classmates didnt get in on Dec 1, and many are waitlisted and then eventually ended up getting in, even after accepting spots at other schools. So stay positive if you end up being waitlisted !!! It may still end up working out favorably for you!

That makes me feel better :) unless i would be rejected :(

I have interview coming up next month. I am not sure what chance is for postdec interviewees but I am gonna do my best at the interview!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I have interview coming up next month. I am not sure how big chance it is for postdec interviewees but I am gonna do my best at the interview!
I believe in you!

Reactions: 3 users
Alternate and wait list are the same thing, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my alternate letter. Great, more waiting! I read in the threads that there is a second wave of acceptances around Dec. 15th, has anyone else heard of this?

Got my alternate letter. Great, more waiting! I read in the threads that there is a second wave of acceptances around Dec. 15th, has anyone else heard of this?
Normally, the next wave of acceptances will be in February for those who are interviewed after December. Obviously, this might change but it's usually the pattern. After that wave those in the alternate list usually begin receiving offers IF there is space and it can take some time to receive it. The Admission's office encourages those in the alternate list to send anything that might work on your favor such as new DAT scores, new grades, more community service, etc. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone accepted on Monday. Received an "alternate" letter yesterday. Hope to get this list moving!

does anyone know how far into the next year they are scheduling interviews already ?

Wow we have 4 alternates on this thread! I wonder how many there are in total

I am an alternate too, got the letter yesterday. However, I am happy about this, better than a rejection

Lmao I bet if each of us posts our gpas and dats, we can probably get a good idea of where we might be in this ranking list lol
U guys feelin generous to share??

I think dec is all full.
Yea I know there into january already, was wondering if anyone knew how far into january or if they were already into February.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I didn't even want to go to UF....:unsure::unsure::unsure: OK fine, maybe I would have liked that good cheap tuition but I got accepted to Nova so I get to stay in Florida. Good luck to all of you alternate people!!!

had my interview today! was crazy fun but intense!

Lmao I bet if each of us posts our gpas and dats, we can probably get a good idea of where we might be in this ranking list lol
U guys feelin generous to share??

sGPA: 3.64 oGPA:3.72 AA:19

Decided maybe I should add experience in this too since it is what they actually ask us to update while alternates:
Dentistry experience: 180 hours
Volunteer hours: 562
Work Experience: 8700 hours ( I really thought I had worked more in my life)
Research Experience: 12,000 hours (Oh yeah that's where most of my life went. lol)

Last edited:
Does anyone else need to take Molecular Biology prior to matriculation?

Rejected today via email. Supp but no interview. Good luck to those who haven't heard back yet

Well this thread has been very quiet........Anyone know the dates still left for interviews, or is it game over? I didn't get everything in until very late and am losing hope very quickly for a possible interview as I haven't heard anything.

How late is it? At my interview earlier this month Dr. Sandow said that they were close to finish reviewing applications. I think someone received the interview invite last week. Check the 2015 interview/acceptance thread.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say its late for acceptances :) but in terms of trying to get interviews the clock is ticking based off previous classes I've trolled through on SND.

I wouldn't say its late for acceptances :) but in terms of trying to get interviews the clock is ticking based off previous classes I've trolled through on SND.
The interviews ends in January and the committee meets in February.

The interviews ends in January and the committee meets in February.
Really? They postponed the committee meeting? I was told that they would meet by the end of January.

Does anyone know if UF looks at student applications based off pure stats... or takes the holistic approach to applications?

Really? They postponed the committee meeting? I was told that they would meet by the end of January.
That's what I was told when I interviewed. They didn't give us any real dates so nothing is written in stone.

Does anyone know if UF looks at student applications based off pure stats... or takes the holistic approach to applications?

I'm fairly certain its a holistic approach. I got accepted to UF on December 1st with a 19 AA and a 20 TS.

I hope we will hear some news next week...:(