***The Official UF Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

yandillo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for the class of 2019 so here it is. Good luck everyone and GO GATORS!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I went to the Pre-dental forum yesterday. VERY rigorous program! They don't tell you that detail until you get in :) (after all they are 3rd in the national ranking) . I have to say that the adcom does a pretty good job putting that class together. The students were really friendly and they seemed to be very close to each other. The simlab had music on and they all were singing while practicing. btw I was told that 20-30 students fail the psychomotors every time. Again, they told me it was a hard program, but everybody make it at the end. I was told that if you fail a psychomotor they assigned you a mentor to make sure u get the skills to move on. I liked Gainesville a lot. It's a ghost city in the middle of NOwhere with just one tiny detail: the whole city is UF! All you see in the city are students. Can't wait to move there...of course....If.... If I make it :)

There is no doubt that UFCD is a challenging dental school but they prepare you well. They had 100% pass rate for the NBDE Part I and I think that says a lot about the program. Good luck this cycle everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
National ranking of what?
That's what they said in the pre-dental day. Idk if it's just between state schools. What I can tell you is that UF has had 100 percent first-time pass rate on their National Board Dental Exam Part I for the last couple of years. Also the % of student that apply and get accepted to residency programs is almost 100% too. Somehow they told us that # and I wasn't going to ask them on what they based that ranking lol

Last edited:
I volunteer in UF's student dental clinics. The ranking is sent to all of the schools through some kind of newsletter and, while it is unofficial because it's so difficult to rank dental schools, it is supposed to be fairly accurate.

Good luck to everyone applying! Hopefully we get contacted for supplemental apps soon.

That's what they said in the pre-dental day. Idk if it's just between state schools. What I can tell you is that UF has had 100 percent first-time pass rate on their National Board Dental Exam Part I for the last couple of years. Also the % of student that apply and get accepted to residency programs is almost 100% too. Somehow they told us that # and I wasn't going to ask them on what they based that ranking lol
I volunteer in UF's student dental clinics. The ranking is sent to all of the schools through some kind of newsletter and, while it is unofficial because it's so difficult to rank dental schools, it is supposed to be fairly accurate.

Good luck to everyone applying! Hopefully we get contacted for supplemental apps soon.

Interesting, to say the least.

I went to the Pre-dental forum yesterday. VERY rigorous program! They don't tell you that detail until you get in :) (after all they are 3rd in the national ranking) . I have to say that the adcom does a pretty good job putting that class together. The students were really friendly and they seemed to be very close to each other. The simlab had music on and they all were singing while practicing. btw I was told that 20-30 students fail the psychomotors every time. Again, they told me it was a hard program, but everybody make it at the end. I was told that if you fail a psychomotor they assigned you a mentor to make sure u get the skills to move on. I liked Gainesville a lot. It's a ghost city in the middle of NOwhere with just one tiny detail: the whole city is UF! All you see in the city are students. Can't wait to move there...of course....If.... If I make it :)
Lol there's some kind of magic about Gainesville... used to hate it and now don't really want to leave. PLEASE KEEP ME UF.

Oops I'm in the wrong forum... bye pre dentals!! Good luck!!!!

Got an interview invite from UF today!!!!!!! So excited!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Got an interview invite from UF today!!!!!!! So excited!!!

Congratulations!! That is amazing!! When is your interview if you don't mind my asking? Also, did they give you interview dates to choose from?

My interview is in two weeks! I submitted my adsaas app the first week it was open.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My interview was assigned to 7/23! I submitted my adsaas app the first week it was open.
WOW that's amazing. Interview invites going on already! What are your stats if u don't mind me asking?

Received my interview invite on wednesday! I AM SO EXCITED! its on July 23rd

Last edited:
Just got my interview invite!! Aug 5th!! Can't wait!!

Just got my interview invite!! Aug 5th!! Can't wait!!
Congrats! When did you submit the supplemental app? I received it and submitted it on the 12th so I'm trying to get an idea of where I am on the queue lol

Congrats! When did you submit the supplemental app? I received it and submitted it on the 12th so I'm trying to get an idea of where I am on the queue lol

actually the e-mail I received had the supplemental and the interview invite in it! So I did not complete a supplemental prior to receiving the invite!

actually the e-mail I received had the supplemental and the interview invite in it! So I did not complete a supplemental prior to receiving the invite!
Oh wow I didn't know they did that! You must have had really good stats, congrats again!

Supplemental and interview invite received yesterday! I'm soo happy! I already submitted the supplemental and paid the fee! :) good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Just wondering, for the supplemental where it asks for shadowing, extracurriculars, work, and research, did you guys just copy and paste from aadsas or did you write up different stuff?

Just wondering, for the supplemental where it asks for shadowing, extracurriculars, work, and research, did you guys just copy and paste from aadsas or did you write up different stuff?
I'm pretty sure it said to only add things that were not on the AADSAS application.

I didn't add anything new since in 1 month window between I submitted AAdSAS app and filled out this secondary I haven't done anything new. So I left it blank.

I'm pretty sure it said to only add things that were not on the AADSAS application.

Nvm I was thinking of using it to emphasize certain things, but I guess there's no need to.

Last edited:
Hey guys I'm freaking out a bit. My application mailed out 6/27 and I have everything in. I haven't received a supplemental from them yet... Should I be worried or just wait it out?

Sgpa/ogpa: 3.8/ 3.8
Dat: 20aa 20ts 20pat

I don't think my stats are that bad

Hey guys I'm freaking out a bit. My application mailed out 6/27 and I have everything in. I haven't received a supplemental from them yet... Should I be worried or just wait it out?

Sgpa/ogpa: 3.8/ 3.8
Dat: 20aa 20ts 20pat

I don't think my stats are that bad

Your stats are fantastic!! UF only accepts between 5-10 OOS students every year. About 90% of admitted students are Florida residents. If you're a Florida resident you will most likely get one very soon!!

Your stats are fantastic!! UF only accepts between 5-10 OOS students every year. About 90% of admitted students are Florida residents. If you're a Florida resident you will most likely get one very soon!!

Thanks yes I'm a fl resident. I guess I'm just worried cause I was second batch and only received a completion email so far. I'm contemplating contacting them to see the status of my app or just waiting a couple more weeks...

Thanks yes I'm a fl resident. I guess I'm just worried cause I was second batch and only received a completion email so far. I'm contemplating contacting them to see the status of my app or just waiting a couple more weeks...
Yes, that would be a good idea. Your stats are great!!! My app was mailed 07/07 ( idk what batch is that) and they sent me the suplemental and the interview invite date in the same email on 07/14 I'm also in state. It seems that they will start interviewing super early this cycle.

Any OOS applicants? I got an interview invite last week for July 30th. Excited to check out the campus and meet the staff!

Just got an interview invitation! August 8th! So excited!

Finally!! Got an interview August 8th!!! So excited yesss

Did you guys get interviews and supp at the same time?

I got both in the same email but looking at last year's thread getting them separately vs at the same time doesn't really mean anything.

Congrats!!! I knew that with those stats it was a matter of time for them sending u the invite. Time to :banana:!!!!
Thanks for your encouraging words and helping calm me down!!! I ate ice cream cake to celebrate lol

Thanks for your encouraging words and helping calm me down!!! I ate ice cream cake to celebrate lol
Mine is on 08/5. I'm so stressed out :nailbiting: that instead of writing a Psych paper due tomorrow I'm here in SDN LOL

Mine is on 08/5. I'm so stressed out :nailbiting: that instead of writing a Psych paper due tomorrow I'm here in SDN LOL
Hey I have a bunch of friends in the dental school & they said that there's nothing tricky about the interview. Just be yourself and answer confidently. You'll do great. Now go write that paper or else you'll regret it in the morning!

Just received an interview invite for August 13! So excited - did my undergrad here. There really is nothing like the Swamp!

Just received an interview invite for August 13! So excited - did my undergrad here. There really is nothing like the Swamp!

You received it today?! Congrats!!

Got my interview for August 15th!

To the few people that have already had their interviews, any advice??? Mine is this Friday and the nerves are getting to me

To the few people that have already had their interviews, any advice??? Mine is this Friday and the nerves are getting to me
Mine is this tuesday and I'm freaking out :help:

hello guys! I just got an interview at UF and I would like to know if you could tell me anything that will help me on that day!? :)