****The Official UIC Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

How are you applying?

• in State

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • Out of state

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters
Accepted! About 20 minutes ago over the phone!! So excited!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I still had not heard back since my interview in November. An email response to my concern said that they were meeting once a month. If we had not heard, then it looks like we are still up for consideration.

Sent from my HTC One X using SDN Mobile

Is it true? UIC struggling financially, lowering class size to 52 as well..... and their dean is stepping down. hmm not sure if this is the dental school i want to be going to?

Members don't see this ad :)
True. One of my friends talked to Carolyn and that's what she said.

Anyone know if they are still interviewing?

They are but they are only taking 2 people out of state this year and none next year.

My friend just interviewed there and said it is because of lack of funding that they had to shrink the class size.

They are but they are only taking 2 people out of state this year and none next year.

Are you sure they're only taking 2 out of staters? I was told several times at my interview there were 6 spots reserved for out of staters.

Yeah, it was six before but they ran low on money so they lowered it to 2. This is as recent as last week. The two spots are also already filled so the only way anyone else OOS is getting in is if one of the two decides to go elsewhere.

Has anyone reviewed a rejection letter yet? I emailed Carolyn and she said that no status has been made to my application and I interviewed in September. She also said that the committee hopes to finish everything by late April.

Received a waitlist email yesterday. I'm out-of-state.

Last edited:
Has anyone reviewed a rejection letter yet? I emailed Carolyn and she said that no status has been made to my application and I interviewed in September. She also said that the committee hopes to finish everything by late April.

i havent heard anything from carolyn or braulia yet and i interviewed in november... i had called a few weeks ago and they said april 1st was when a decision should be made about all applicants. but idk i keep hearing different things from them so who really knows when we will hear :/

Hey guys just to let you know I was put on the alternate list on March 25th and then got accepted on the 27th =)

I'm in-state and will be declining my spot soon so hope that will help someone on the alternate list.

had received a call from carolyn a few weeks ago to "talk about my application"... was really optimistic since she had called me personally... just received a rejection email yesterday after interviewing in late november. strange. thanks for the 5 month wait.

Hey guys, super random question but I was wondering if anyone has been accepted to UIC who is on a waitlist or interviewed at SIU and what their thoughts are on the two schools. Thanks!

I fall into that group, what kind of answers are you looking for? Are you deciding between the two?
Screwtape,

I am indeed deciding between the two. I am accepted at SIU and wait-listed at UIC. So was looking for someone who finds themself in the opposite situation. I went ahead and sent you and message with some more detailed questions. I look forward to communicating!