-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UIC Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by gentlerwave
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
what is their average stats and does UIC accept out-of-state student?
I believe UIC does not accept OOS students as of now (http://dentistry.uic.edu/prospectiv...dental_medicine__dmd_/admission_requirements/)
I don't have the stats for our class yet, but as soon as I find out I will post them on here. My guess is that they're slightly higher than previous years.
I don't have the stats for our class yet, but as soon as I find out I will post them on here. My guess is that they're slightly higher than previous years.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! 🙂I believe UIC does not accept OOS students as of now (http://dentistry.uic.edu/prospectiv...dental_medicine__dmd_/admission_requirements/)
I don't have the stats for our class yet, but as soon as I find out I will post them on here. My guess is that they're slightly higher than previous years.
what is their average stats?
I found this on the admissions website. It has stats for the classes of 2013-2017.
Attachments
I was born and raised in Illinois and am currently attending school in Minnesota. Since this is the only school I'm applying to that requires IS residency, do you think it would be a good idea just to put my Illinois address on my app so there is no confusion with the Minnesota address?I believe UIC does not accept OOS students as of now (http://dentistry.uic.edu/prospectiv...dental_medicine__dmd_/admission_requirements/)
I don't have the stats for our class yet, but as soon as I find out I will post them on here. My guess is that they're slightly higher than previous years.
I was born and raised in Illinois and am currently attending school in Minnesota. Since this is the only school I'm applying to that requires IS residency, do you think it would be a good idea just to put my Illinois address on my app so there is no confusion with the Minnesota address?
You can indicate your state of legal residence on AADSAS. As long as you have Illinois there I think you will be fine. I would use the IL address to be extra safe.
Got an email this morning saying "The College has received all your application materials and your DMD application is now COMPLETE."
Would having everything completed by today be considered early in the application to UIC or middle of the pack? I spoke with the lady at admissions and she said they will not be reviewing applications until the middle of August because they're busy doing things for D1 students and they have a small office or something. Hopefully I am part of the first batch of applicants they review come August
Would having everything completed by today be considered early in the application to UIC or middle of the pack? I spoke with the lady at admissions and she said they will not be reviewing applications until the middle of August because they're busy doing things for D1 students and they have a small office or something. Hopefully I am part of the first batch of applicants they review come August
Last edited:
Good luck everyone!
If you have any UIC-specific questions, feel free to post on here or pm me.
Got an email this morning saying "The College has received all your application materials and your DMD application is now COMPLETE."
Would having everything completed by today be considered early in the application to UIC or middle of the pack? I spoke with the lady at admissions and she said they will not be reviewing applications until the middle of August because they're busy doing things for D1 students and they have a small office or something. Hopefully I am part of the first batch of applicants they review come August
I'd say yours is early in the process. My D1 class will have our orientation week on 08/11, so I'm guessing that is what she was referring to. In any case, they will start sending out interview invitations around early-mid September, so hopefully you will hear back by then.
Hey guys,
So I've attached below the numbers for our D1 class of 2018.
You can find all the information pertinent to the application process on the UIC COD website:
http://dentistry.uic.edu/prospectiv...dental_medicine__dmd_/admission_requirements/
As always, I'll be available to answer any UIC-related questions you guys have. Best of luck 🙂
So I've attached below the numbers for our D1 class of 2018.
You can find all the information pertinent to the application process on the UIC COD website:
http://dentistry.uic.edu/prospectiv...dental_medicine__dmd_/admission_requirements/
As always, I'll be available to answer any UIC-related questions you guys have. Best of luck 🙂
Attachments
Last edited:
Has anyone received an interview invitation from UIC yet?
Nothing yetHas anyone received an interview invitation from UIC yet?
Is this pretty late compared to when you heard from UIC last year?Has anyone received an interview invitation from UIC yet?
The wait is killing me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this pretty late compared to when you heard from UIC last year?
The wait is killing me.
Last year, I heard from them on 09/24. It's still very early in the cycle.
I got an interview invite also on 9/17 and my interview is scheduled for October 6th at 8AM. Anyone have any tips for me? What I should expect, anything related that would help. I'm shocked because it's an 8AM interview and I've never heard of interviews so early. Anything is appreciated, hopefully everyone receives an interview I'm sure the good news awaits us all. (Optimism )
They send out invitations in waves.Do they just send out invites one day, or do they send them throughout the month?
Check your pm for tips. I know it's nerve-wracking, but everyone will be in the same boat so you're fine 🙂I got an interview invite also on 9/17 and my interview is scheduled for October 6th at 8AM. Anyone have any tips for me? What I should expect, anything related that would help. I'm shocked because it's an 8AM interview and I've never heard of interviews so early. Anything is appreciated, hopefully everyone receives an interview I'm sure the good news awaits us all. (Optimism )
is it too late to hope for an interview from UIC? My ADEA app says "Recieved/Application Complete"
It's never too late. Don't lose hopeis it too late to hope for an interview from UIC? My ADEA app says "Recieved/Application Complete"
I'll be there with you, not sure what to expect besides basicsI have an interview on Wednesday and I was hoping if someone could fill me in on the details! What to expect? How many other interviewees there are that day? How's the interview and what questions to expect? I'm very nervous.
would you guys mind sharing your stats?
i'm still waiting to hear from uic and i'm starting to lose hope...
i'm still waiting to hear from uic and i'm starting to lose hope...
AA 20, TS 20, 18 or 19 PAT I forget exactly. 3.84 gpa both science and reg, BCP is higher like 3.9, I applied early my friend with better stats applied after and he got an interview two weeks after me so when u submitted the application matterswould you guys mind sharing your stats?
i'm still waiting to hear from uic and i'm starting to lose hope...
thanks!AA 20, TS 20, 18 or 19 PAT I forget exactly. 3.84 gpa both science and reg, BCP is higher like 3.9, I applied early my friend with better stats applied after and he got an interview two weeks after me so when u submitted the application matters
i think i was 5th batch so maybe they're still working on the earlier batches...i hope...
Yes, good luck!
does anyone know how many ppl have already been interviewed or how many interview sessions they have conducted?
to those that have already been interviewed, how many other applicants were with you?
to those that have already been interviewed, how many other applicants were with you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
8 applicants per session. Two per day, one during morning, one in afternoon and I think they do it every Monday and Wednesday but not sure
Thank you so much for your help!!8 applicants per session. Two per day, one during morning, one in afternoon and I think they do it every Monday and Wednesday but not sure
There were 10 in my group today and they said normally it is 5-8.does anyone know how many ppl have already been interviewed or how many interview sessions they have conducted?
to those that have already been interviewed, how many other applicants were with you?
The interview was very friendly! Everyone makes you feel like home and the tour was great. I fell in love with the school once again. December 1st is going to be a very big day. Good luck everyone.
You guys will receive a phenomenal education at UIC. It really feels like a big family. Best of luck guys! I'm looking forward to meeting you all in person.
I know you were in this dilemma last year, what made you choose UIC over the much less expensive siu? And how much is your rent if you don't mind me asking.You guys will receive a phenomenal education at UIC. It really feels like a big family. Best of luck guys! I'm looking forward to meeting you all in person.
I know you were in this dilemma last year, what made you choose UIC over the much less expensive siu? And how much is your rent if you don't mind me asking.
Have you ever been to Edwardsville? That would be enough of a reason for me to chose UIC
Yes I had an interview there as well. I don't think that's worth throwing in the towel and adding 100k of tuition if not moreHave you ever been to Edwardsville? That would be enough of a reason for me to chose UIC
I know you were in this dilemma last year, what made you choose UIC over the much less expensive siu? And how much is your rent if you don't mind me asking.
Actually I didn't hear back from SIU till April, and by then I've deposited at UIC already. I don't live that far away from UIC so I commute, which made my decision pretty straightforward.
Even if I had to live near campus, I would have picked UIC for the following reasons. Don't get me wrong, I liked SIU too, but I felt that you have more collaborative opportunies at UIC with other health professions since the school is in the middle of the Medical District. In addition, you have a huge patient pool from the Chicago areas, which helps a lot in your D3 and D4 years. UIC has an extensive research program, and it's the only school in IL with all the dental specialties. As part of our rotation, we will have exposure to the post-grad clinics.
The icing on the cake is being in Chicago during the summer is pretty awesome 🙂
Thank you so much for all your help. I can truly see that you are extremely happy at UIC. I look forward to meeting more positive students like you. Quick question. Do know how many students get accepted by December 1st?Actually I didn't hear back from SIU till April, and by then I've deposited at UIC already. I don't live that far away from UIC so I commute, which made my decision pretty straightforward.
Even if I had to live near campus, I would have picked UIC for the following reasons. Don't get me wrong, I liked SIU too, but I felt that you have more collaborative opportunies at UIC with other health professions since the school is in the middle of the Medical District. In addition, you have a huge patient pool from the Chicago areas, which helps a lot in your D3 and D4 years. UIC has an extensive research program, and it's the only school in IL with all the dental specialties. As part of our rotation, we will have exposure to the post-grad clinics.
I think it's like 30. 15 male 15 femaleThank you so much for all your help. I can truly see that you are extremely happy at UIC. I look forward to meeting more positive students like you. Quick question. Do know how many students get accepted by December 1st?
Dang, I'm starting to rethink my whole life now. Idk whether to go with the cheaper school or better life. Idk I guess I'll have a better decision to make once december first is here. Thanks manThe icing on the cake is being in Chicago during the summer is pretty awesome 🙂
Thank you so much for all your help. I can truly see that you are extremely happy at UIC. I look forward to meeting more positive students like you. Quick question. Do know how many students get accepted by December 1st?
I don't know the exact number, but they do send out the majority of acceptances by December 1st. However, a lot of people decline the offers, so they will send out another wave in mid-late January and subsequent months if there's an open spot. If I remember correctly, they send out about 80 acceptances for a class size of 50, so if you have a pre-December interview, your chance of getting accepted is pretty high.
I didn't hear back until late-January during my cycle, so just hang in there guys if you don't hear back right away. As long as you have competitive stats and didn't bomb the interview, I don't see why you guys won't get accepted.
Haha im hoping the adcom are as graceful as you during their selections.I don't know the exact number, but they do send out the majority of acceptances by December 1st. However, a lot of people decline the offers, so they will send out another wave in mid-late January and subsequent months if there's an open spot. If I remember correctly, they send out about 80 acceptances for a class size of 50, so if you have a pre-December interview, your chance of getting accepted is pretty high.
I didn't hear back until late-January during my cycle, so just hang in there guys if you don't hear back right away. As long as you have competitive stats and didn't bomb the interview, I don't see why you guys won't get accepted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any status changes after interviews guys?
Mine still says 'Invited for interview' 🙁Any status changes after interviews guys?
Same! Makin sure no one gets accepted without meMine still says 'Invited for interview' 🙁
SAME! I'm freaking out. I check my status every hourSame! Makin sure no one gets accepted without me
Lol hopefully we hear good news and become classmates next year.SAME! I'm freaking out. I check my status every hour![]()
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 13K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K