***The Official UIC Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

gentlerwave

NHSC Dentist/Endo Resident
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

If you have any UIC-specific questions, feel free to post on here or pm me.

Members don't see this ad.

what is their average stats and does UIC accept out-of-state student?

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe UIC does not accept OOS students as of now (http://dentistry.uic.edu/prospectiv...dental_medicine__dmd_/admission_requirements/)

I don't have the stats for our class yet, but as soon as I find out I will post them on here. My guess is that they're slightly higher than previous years.
I was born and raised in Illinois and am currently attending school in Minnesota. Since this is the only school I'm applying to that requires IS residency, do you think it would be a good idea just to put my Illinois address on my app so there is no confusion with the Minnesota address?

I was born and raised in Illinois and am currently attending school in Minnesota. Since this is the only school I'm applying to that requires IS residency, do you think it would be a good idea just to put my Illinois address on my app so there is no confusion with the Minnesota address?

You can indicate your state of legal residence on AADSAS. As long as you have Illinois there I think you will be fine. I would use the IL address to be extra safe.

Got an email this morning saying "The College has received all your application materials and your DMD application is now COMPLETE."
Would having everything completed by today be considered early in the application to UIC or middle of the pack? I spoke with the lady at admissions and she said they will not be reviewing applications until the middle of August because they're busy doing things for D1 students and they have a small office or something. Hopefully I am part of the first batch of applicants they review come August

Last edited:
Good luck everyone!

If you have any UIC-specific questions, feel free to post on here or pm me.

Got an email this morning saying "The College has received all your application materials and your DMD application is now COMPLETE."
Would having everything completed by today be considered early in the application to UIC or middle of the pack? I spoke with the lady at admissions and she said they will not be reviewing applications until the middle of August because they're busy doing things for D1 students and they have a small office or something. Hopefully I am part of the first batch of applicants they review come August

I'd say yours is early in the process. My D1 class will have our orientation week on 08/11, so I'm guessing that is what she was referring to. In any case, they will start sending out interview invitations around early-mid September, so hopefully you will hear back by then.

Attachments

• DMD DEMOGRAPHICS 2014-2018 short version.pdf
    118.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Has anyone received an interview invitation from UIC yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
My application complete date was 8/13 and I received an interview invite via email 9/17.

I really don't want to know

Do they just send out invites one day, or do they send them throughout the month?

I got an interview invite also on 9/17 and my interview is scheduled for October 6th at 8AM. Anyone have any tips for me? What I should expect, anything related that would help. I'm shocked because it's an 8AM interview and I've never heard of interviews so early. Anything is appreciated, hopefully everyone receives an interview I'm sure the good news awaits us all. (Optimism )

Do they just send out invites one day, or do they send them throughout the month?
They send out invitations in waves.

I got an interview invite also on 9/17 and my interview is scheduled for October 6th at 8AM. Anyone have any tips for me? What I should expect, anything related that would help. I'm shocked because it's an 8AM interview and I've never heard of interviews so early. Anything is appreciated, hopefully everyone receives an interview I'm sure the good news awaits us all. (Optimism )
Check your pm for tips. I know it's nerve-wracking, but everyone will be in the same boat so you're fine :)

is it too late to hope for an interview from UIC? My ADEA app says "Recieved/Application Complete"

I have an interview on Wednesday and I was hoping if someone could fill me in on the details! What to expect? How many other interviewees there are that day? How's the interview and what questions to expect? I'm very nervous.

I have an interview on Wednesday and I was hoping if someone could fill me in on the details! What to expect? How many other interviewees there are that day? How's the interview and what questions to expect? I'm very nervous.
I'll be there with you, not sure what to expect besides basics

would you guys mind sharing your stats?
i'm still waiting to hear from uic and i'm starting to lose hope...

would you guys mind sharing your stats?
i'm still waiting to hear from uic and i'm starting to lose hope...
AA 20, TS 20, 18 or 19 PAT I forget exactly. 3.84 gpa both science and reg, BCP is higher like 3.9, I applied early my friend with better stats applied after and he got an interview two weeks after me so when u submitted the application matters

AA 20, TS 20, 18 or 19 PAT I forget exactly. 3.84 gpa both science and reg, BCP is higher like 3.9, I applied early my friend with better stats applied after and he got an interview two weeks after me so when u submitted the application matters
thanks!
i think i was 5th batch so maybe they're still working on the earlier batches...i hope...

Hey guys,
My interview is in two weeks and I was wondering if someone can share their experience. Thank you.

does anyone know how many ppl have already been interviewed or how many interview sessions they have conducted?

to those that have already been interviewed, how many other applicants were with you?

8 applicants per session. Two per day, one during morning, one in afternoon and I think they do it every Monday and Wednesday but not sure

Reactions: 1 users
8 applicants per session. Two per day, one during morning, one in afternoon and I think they do it every Monday and Wednesday but not sure
Thank you so much for your help!!

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know how many ppl have already been interviewed or how many interview sessions they have conducted?

to those that have already been interviewed, how many other applicants were with you?
There were 10 in my group today and they said normally it is 5-8.

The interview was very friendly! Everyone makes you feel like home and the tour was great. I fell in love with the school once again. December 1st is going to be a very big day. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
The interview was very friendly! Everyone makes you feel like home and the tour was great. I fell in love with the school once again. December 1st is going to be a very big day. Good luck everyone.

You guys will receive a phenomenal education at UIC. It really feels like a big family. Best of luck guys! I'm looking forward to meeting you all in person.

Reactions: 1 user
You guys will receive a phenomenal education at UIC. It really feels like a big family. Best of luck guys! I'm looking forward to meeting you all in person.
I know you were in this dilemma last year, what made you choose UIC over the much less expensive siu? And how much is your rent if you don't mind me asking.

I know you were in this dilemma last year, what made you choose UIC over the much less expensive siu? And how much is your rent if you don't mind me asking.

Have you ever been to Edwardsville? That would be enough of a reason for me to chose UIC

Have you ever been to Edwardsville? That would be enough of a reason for me to chose UIC
Yes I had an interview there as well. I don't think that's worth throwing in the towel and adding 100k of tuition if not more

Actually I didn't hear back from SIU till April, and by then I've deposited at UIC already. I don't live that far away from UIC so I commute, which made my decision pretty straightforward.

Even if I had to live near campus, I would have picked UIC for the following reasons. Don't get me wrong, I liked SIU too, but I felt that you have more collaborative opportunies at UIC with other health professions since the school is in the middle of the Medical District. In addition, you have a huge patient pool from the Chicago areas, which helps a lot in your D3 and D4 years. UIC has an extensive research program, and it's the only school in IL with all the dental specialties. As part of our rotation, we will have exposure to the post-grad clinics.

The icing on the cake is being in Chicago during the summer is pretty awesome :)

Actually I didn't hear back from SIU till April, and by then I've deposited at UIC already. I don't live that far away from UIC so I commute, which made my decision pretty straightforward.

Even if I had to live near campus, I would have picked UIC for the following reasons. Don't get me wrong, I liked SIU too, but I felt that you have more collaborative opportunies at UIC with other health professions since the school is in the middle of the Medical District. In addition, you have a huge patient pool from the Chicago areas, which helps a lot in your D3 and D4 years. UIC has an extensive research program, and it's the only school in IL with all the dental specialties. As part of our rotation, we will have exposure to the post-grad clinics.
Thank you so much for all your help. I can truly see that you are extremely happy at UIC. I look forward to meeting more positive students like you. Quick question. Do know how many students get accepted by December 1st?

Thank you so much for all your help. I can truly see that you are extremely happy at UIC. I look forward to meeting more positive students like you. Quick question. Do know how many students get accepted by December 1st?
I think it's like 30. 15 male 15 female

The icing on the cake is being in Chicago during the summer is pretty awesome :)
Dang, I'm starting to rethink my whole life now. Idk whether to go with the cheaper school or better life. Idk I guess I'll have a better decision to make once december first is here. Thanks man

I don't know the exact number, but they do send out the majority of acceptances by December 1st. However, a lot of people decline the offers, so they will send out another wave in mid-late January and subsequent months if there's an open spot. If I remember correctly, they send out about 80 acceptances for a class size of 50, so if you have a pre-December interview, your chance of getting accepted is pretty high.

I didn't hear back until late-January during my cycle, so just hang in there guys if you don't hear back right away. As long as you have competitive stats and didn't bomb the interview, I don't see why you guys won't get accepted.

I don't know the exact number, but they do send out the majority of acceptances by December 1st. However, a lot of people decline the offers, so they will send out another wave in mid-late January and subsequent months if there's an open spot. If I remember correctly, they send out about 80 acceptances for a class size of 50, so if you have a pre-December interview, your chance of getting accepted is pretty high.

I didn't hear back until late-January during my cycle, so just hang in there guys if you don't hear back right away. As long as you have competitive stats and didn't bomb the interview, I don't see why you guys won't get accepted.
Haha im hoping the adcom are as graceful as you during their selections.