***The Official UNC SoD Class of 2021 Thread***

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anyone OOS get an interview?
I'm OOS unfortunately. App and supplemental received in September:

Any chance I'll get interviewed?
23 AA/ 24 TS/ 20 PAT
3.81 oGPA/ 3.67 sGPA
Top state school grad
200+ hrs shadowing
1 year research
150+ hours volunteering
4 LORS
Solid personal statement


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Anyone OOS get an interview?
I'm OOS unfortunately. App and supplemental received in September:

Any chance I'll get interviewed?
23 AA/ 24 TS/ 20 PAT
3.81 oGPA/ 3.67 sGPA
Top state school grad
200+ hrs shadowing
1 year research
150+ hours volunteering
4 LORS
Solid personal statement


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Not sure honestly. I applied about the same time with about the same stats and all, but I'm instate. The people on my interview day did all seem like studs so the competition seems pretty intense. I think there's only one more interview slot left so you should be hearing back pretty soon at least
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure honestly. I applied about the same time with about the same stats and all, but I'm instate. The people on my interview day did all seem like studs so the competition seems pretty intense. I think there's only one more interview slot left so you should be hearing back pretty soon at least

If it's not because of when I applied it must be because I'm OOS. That's all I can think of


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I asked academic affairs. Supposedly, they have started notifying people by call. They said people should hear by 5 o'clock.

Lunch hour at the dental school is from 1-2 PM, so maybe people will get some calls then.
 
This thread seems a little dry, anybody still hearing? I had a friend who was accepted this morning around 8:00 AM. Still waiting by the phone
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a little late, but I got a call in the late morning! I was actually at work, but I called back during my lunch break. Anyone else heard anything?
 
Haven't heard anything from UNC yesterday or today. Does this mean I'm likely waitlisted? Would've thought I would be notified of a rejection or waitlist if i wasn't accepted
 
Could people who got accepted say when they interviewed? Also could the people who interviewed and haven't heard back yet say when they interviewed? Maybe they accepted people on Dec. 1st depending on when they interviewed? Could also be completely random :/
 
Haven't heard anything from UNC yesterday or today. Does this mean I'm likely waitlisted? Would've thought I would be notified of a rejection or waitlist if i wasn't accepted

I got an acceptance call Thursday, but haven't received any additional correspondence (email or snail mail). I bet they will send out formal communications to candidates early this week.

Hang in there! I know it's frustrating not to hear word one way or another. I will say - most of my friends who are now in dental school or graduated got offers post-December.

Hope this was helpful information!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I'm in-state and interviewed in November. One of my interviewers called me at 7:30 on Dec 1st. My dentist (also adjunct faculty) told me only 32 invites were sent out on the 1st so stay strong you guys!
Thanks for posting this! Did he indicate if the 32 included out of state invites? Or, was this the total for in-state?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone that was accepted received their paperwork? My interviewer mentioned that it would take a few days but it's already been a week...
 
Anyone else who interviewed pre-dec and hasn't heard anything back?? should i assume i'm waitlisted or rejected?
 
Has anyone that was accepted received their paperwork? My interviewer mentioned that it would take a few days but it's already been a week...

My packet just arrived by mail yesterday. It didn't have far to travel from Chapel Hill to me in Durham, so I'm sure they just mailed them out this week. [emoji1][emoji106]


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone here attend the Jan 21 interview? How did it go?
Did they say when the committee will send out the 2nd round of acceptances?
I.e. Will they be pushed into Feb (due to the rescheduling of the January interviews) ?