***The Official UNC SoD Class of 2021 Thread***

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I just spoke with Carolyn Oakes and she said due to the snow delay of the January interview, acceptance letters would not go out until the end of next week.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just spoke with Carolyn Oakes and she said due to the snow delay of the January interview, acceptance letters would not go out until the end of next week.
I know they were calling people in December, will they just be sending out letters this time or calling/letters? Not sure if anyone has friends who were accepted after Dec a previous year and knew the answer to that question...
 
I know they were calling people in December, will they just be sending out letters this time or calling/letters? Not sure if anyone has friends who were accepted after Dec a previous year and knew the answer to that question...

Looking through past acceptance threads, I think they called people from the January interviews.
 
Rejected without interview. Not surprised I was kind of expecting it after hearing nothing since August :laugh: Congrats to everyone who got in!
 
Hi! I am a D1 at UNC and helped out at the interview sessions. I believe there are about 15-20 seats left after December acceptances go out

Hey girl! Did you get this info recently or is that just based on past experience? Someone said earlier that only 32 acceptances were given out on December 1st this year. 😀
 
Hey girl! Did you get this info recently or is that just based on past experience? Someone said earlier that only 32 acceptances were given out on December 1st this year. 😀
I got the information today from the former Dean of Admissions. He said the committee is meeting tomorrow, then calling people Thursday!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just called. "all acceptances will be made by tomorrow".
Does that mean there will be acceptances tomorrow and that will be the last day we can hear, or by the start of tomorrow all the acceptances will have already been handed out? Lol sorry for the particularity, I'm just tired of stressing over this and ready for this wait to be over so I can make my final decision.
 
Does that mean there will be acceptances tomorrow and that will be the last day we can hear, or by the start of tomorrow all the acceptances will have already been handed out? Lol sorry for the particularity, I'm just tired of stressing over this and ready for this wait to be over so I can make my final decision.
I'm not sure. Didn't think to ask when I spoke on the phone.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No news for me yet. Someone post as soon as you hear something, and whether it was on portal/email/snail. Thanks!
Email today --rejection. Interviewed in Nov...good luck everyone else! I have to get prepared to retake DAT and apply for the upcoming cycle.
 
They just sent me an acceptance letter by ACCIDENT :smack:......if I wasn't already planning to attend my first choice I would be pretty pissed!
What they intended to send me was a letter that I am on the alternate list.....i will not be accepting a spot on the list so hopefully that opens up some room for one of y'all!! good luck!