***The Official UNE Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by ash01
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was there today and they had a place for it in one of the offices and you just pick it up when you finish. The people were great, the interview (MMI) was great and overall it was a really neat experience.

Wishing you guys the best of luck! It was great seeing some of you guys there. As always, you guys can msg me for questions about the school. I know that under pressure/stress it's hard to speak up and ask questions at the meeting with the dean 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also got an interview invite for 10/6!!

Currently looking for flights and the only return flight out from Portland is at 5:50 for me. Assuming we get out right at 4:30... does anyone think I could/couldn't catch the flight? The airport is roughly 15 min away from campus according to google.
 
Also got an interview invite for 10/6!!

Currently looking for flights and the only return flight out from Portland is at 5:50 for me. Assuming we get out right at 4:30... does anyone think I could/couldn't catch the flight? The airport is roughly 15 min away from campus according to google.

I'm interviewing the same day!
I sorta came across the same problem, but I took the safe way out and scheduled my flight for a different day. The last thing I want is the added stress of catching a flight, while dealing with the interview.
 
I'm interviewing the same day!
I sorta came across the same problem, but I took the safe way out and scheduled my flight for a different day. The last thing I want is the added stress of catching a flight, while dealing with the interview.

yeah I decided on the same thing too, leaving on friday instead.
 
I'm interviewing the same day!
I sorta came across the same problem, but I took the safe way out and scheduled my flight for a different day. The last thing I want is the added stress of catching a flight, while dealing with the interview.
I'm doing the same day,what hotel are you staying at? Can't find any good ones.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think it's too late to add UNE to my dental school designations??

It really depends on your application, but I do know people that got in applying in September. Couple years ago, someone was accepted on the first day of class!
If you're serious about UNE, I would consider applying this cycle.
 
Also got an interview invite for 10/6!!

Currently looking for flights and the only return flight out from Portland is at 5:50 for me. Assuming we get out right at 4:30... does anyone think I could/couldn't catch the flight? The airport is roughly 15 min away from campus according to google.

You'll be fine I had a flight leaving at 550 and I made it with about 20-30 minutes to spare. The interview process was great and an enjoyable experience. Also the airport is about 10 minutes away from the school so there isn't much of a rush to get there 🙂


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
You'll be fine I had a flight leaving at 550 and I made it with about 20-30 minutes to spare. The interview process was great and an enjoyable experience. Also the airport is about 10 minutes away from the school so there isn't much of a rush to get there 🙂


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks for the headsup but it ended up being $100 cheaper just spending an extra night there thanks to the plane ticket prices. Might as well explore the area a bit i guess 🙄.
 
I also had a great experience at the interview, it was great meeting all of you who were in the morning session!!

Is the interview over exactly at 1pm? There is a flight that leaves at 3:30pm and I'm wondering if that would be cutting it close..
 
Is the interview over exactly at 1pm? There is a flight that leaves at 3:30pm and I'm wondering if that would be cutting it close..
Should be fine. We were done almost exactly at 1 p.m. Then I had a four hour wait until my flight. Go for the 3:30 flight in my opinion.
 
Anyone can shine light on what the average turnaround time would be from supplemental to invite? Just curious if there is one.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received an Interview invite this morning! It's for October 6th which is in like two weeks so flight prices are crazy! Two weeks notice seems a little short. Are they pretty flexible when it comes to rescheduling the interview date?
 
Received an Interview invite this morning! It's for October 6th which is in like two weeks so flight prices are crazy! Two weeks notice seems a little short. Are they pretty flexible when it comes to rescheduling the interview date?
Try calling them to ask
 
No way! Hahah they said if I couldn't make this date that they would throw my application back into the sea of applications :diebanana:
How did you get the date changed?! I contacted them and said I can't change it. The only thing I was told is " I am not able to guarantee another invitation for a later date but can place your application back in the general applicant pool for consideration". How did you reschedule without losing it?
 
I had my interview rescheduled to November 3rd. I'll be interviewing in Florida on the 2nd so it will be fun rushing from Florida at 6pm to Maine for the interview in the morning haha. Does anyone know if Uber works at the airport? I know that at some airports Uber is banned.
 
I had my interview rescheduled to November 3rd. I'll be interviewing in Florida on the 2nd so it will be fun rushing from Florida at 6pm to Maine for the interview in the morning haha. Does anyone know if Uber works at the airport? I know that at some airports Uber is banned.
At the airport in Portland, ME? I don't know about Uber but I took Lyft to and from.
For Fort Lauderdale airport I took Lyft as well. I'm assuming Uber would work as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just applied to this school.. found out about it recently. I know it's late.. but better late than never lol They're really fast with the email. I added the school to my designations 10 minutes ago and got the email that it's under "preliminary review" so.. hoping to at least hear something in soon time.
 
I just got the supplemental after adding this school on AADSAS at 11 am today. Is this a good sign? I know this isn't a big deal but just wondering lol. Sorry for writing twice just wondering loll