****The Official University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

I received my supplemental application in early August and sent it back the following week. I have not heard anything from them since then. Should I still be expecting a call for an interview? Should I call them to make sure they received my supplemental? I am OOS but I attend the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa (Roll Tide!). I would love to go to UAB, but I am becoming very discouraged because it has been about 6 weeks since they have received my supplemental.

Members don't see this ad.

I received my supplemental application in early August and sent it back the following week. I have not heard anything from them since then. Should I still be expecting a call for an interview? Should I call them to make sure they received my supplemental? I am OOS but I attend the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa (Roll Tide!). I would love to go to UAB, but I am becoming very discouraged because it has been about 6 weeks since they have received my supplemental.

I received my supplemental in early July and heard back in late August. I think it took me about 5-6 weeks to hear back as well. Dr. Filler said that they are really behind their normal interview schedule and they are even thinking about doing post-december interviews, which they usually don't. I would say give them some more time! But if you're really worried, call them and make sure they received your supplemental.

Reactions: 1 user
I received my supplemental in early July and heard back in late August. I think it took me about 5-6 weeks to hear back as well. Dr. Filler said that they are really behind their normal interview schedule and they are even thinking about doing post-december interviews, which they usually don't. I would say give them some more time! But if you're really worried, call them and make sure they received your supplemental.
Okay wonderful, that makes me feel so much better. I wonder why they are so behind, but I understand. Are you also OOS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay wonderful, that makes me feel so much better. I wonder why they are so behind, but I understand. Are you also OOS?

It's because Dr.Filler, the director of admissions, retired but they are still looking for the next person, so Dr. Filler has to come in few days a week to get interviews and all these done. I'm instate. Good luck!

It's because Dr.Filler, the director of admissions, retired but they are still looking for the next person, so Dr. Filler has to come in few days a week to get interviews and all these done. I'm instate. Good luck!
I heard he was retiring, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for your help!! Good luck!

Has anyone from OOS (Georgia) received the supplemental back in August but still hasn’t received an interview and has competitive stats
(21+ Dat/3.75 gpa)?

I see above that other people are on the same boat as me. Best of luck to all of us!

I feel like whenever I call no one ever picks up. Is it just me or are others having problems like that too?

They may start sending out calls to others today. I am OOS and just received a call for an interview date today.

Anyone that already interviewed have any advice or tips to share? I'm OOS (out of state) and not very familiar with the interview process at UAB.

Good luck to everyone!

They may start sending out calls to others today. I am OOS and just received a call for an interview date today.
When did you send in your supplemental application if you don't mind my asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news about this school? Have they been giving out more interviews invites lately?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all, I sent my supplemental a while ago and I'm so worried that they did not receive it. Would it look bad on my part if I called to ask whether they got my supplemental or not/ whether there is some hold on my application or not? Thanks

Hi all, I sent my supplemental a while ago and I'm so worried that they did not receive it. Would it look bad on my part if I called to ask whether they got my supplemental or not/ whether there is some hold on my application or not? Thanks
No, definitely call and make sure they got it. It’s better than thinking that they got it when they really didnt. They don’t send confirmations and stuff so unless you call I really don’t know how else you’d know.

Did anyone else get an interview invite? I confirmed that they received my supplemental app in the last week of August, but haven't heard from them since. Is this normal?

Did anyone else get an interview invite? I confirmed that they received my supplemental app in the last week of August, but haven't heard from them since. Is this normal?
I emailed admissions and I was informed that they are still reviewing my application. I believe they are pretty behind schedule, we will just have to be patient! :)

I received an interview invite after waiting a while! I applied back in July and my stats meet/are above their averages.

I received an interview invite after waiting a while! I applied back in July and my stats meet/are above their averages.
Glad to hear!! Congratulations! :) Do you by any chance remember when you sent back your secondary app? Also are you IS or OOS?

Guys, I just received my supplemental application. It was emailed to me from Denise Scogin. Did anyone else get an email?

Guys, I just received my supplemental application. It was emailed to me from Denise Scogin. Did anyone else get an email?
They sent me the supplemental via email as well! I received mine 2 weeks ago. They told me my application was complete on 10/18. I have not received an invite yet.

Are you OOS?

They sent me the supplemental via email as well! I received mine 2 weeks ago. They told me my application was complete on 10/18. I have not received an invite yet.

Are you OOS?

i havent recieved even a supplemental yet but seeing you guys getting them so late has given me hope! i thought they sent them all out already.

Are you OOS?
Hmm...I wonder why they sent us an email. My friends received letters in the mail last cycle and the one before that. I'm in state! What about you?

Last edited:
Hmm...I wonder why they sent us an email. My friends received letters in the mail last cycle and the one before that. I'm in in state! What about you?
I was expecting in the mail as well. I'm OOS

Does anyone have insight on where UAB is in the interview process? I know there's speculation they're behind, but are there any more pre-December interviews going out? (I'm an in-state reapplicant.)

Does anyone have insight on where UAB is in the interview process? I know there's speculation they're behind, but are there any more pre-December interviews going out? (I'm an in-state reapplicant.)

I'm also an in-state applicant and wondering the same thing... haven't heard from them since I sent in my supplemental.

I received and submitted mine in June. No word since, either.

Did they email you that they received your supplemental? I never received a confirmation

No, they don't send a confirmation email or anything; they rather the applicant keep up with that, so I called them and they confirmed that my file was complete.

No status change or call/email for me yet. The wait is killing me!

Someone post something as soon as they receive anything, please!

Just the received the call I've been waiting for my entire life!! I am in state and received the acceptance call at 11:00 am!

Do you know if they're done calling for in state?

Do they call everyone who got interviewed or just the ones who got accepted?

Does anyone think they are done calling? Last years forum said that they might call only half the class on the first day, which is a little over 30 people. If the first post was at 10:00am and they have been going straight since I doubt it takes 2 hours to call 30 people.

They are still making calls! I received mine a few minutes ago!! OOS, but had offer from state school and will be going there. Loved UAB though

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone think they are done calling? Last years forum said that they might call only half the class on the first day, which is a little over 30 people. If the first post was at 10:00am and they have been going straight since I doubt it takes 2 hours to call 30 people.

I hear they might have filled their class. Can anybody confirm this? Im worried :/