****The Official University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Anymore updates guys? I'm instate and starting to get nervous :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I honestly might call them this week... I'm gonna show them I really want it. I've heard it has worked in the past.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm wondering who we can call since Dr.Filler is no longer part of admissions.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there any way they accepted enough to fill their entire class today? Doesn’t seem like that many people heard anything today

Was accepted via phone call at 12:08pm. I'm in-state, but know at least 1 person accepted from OOS. Good luck everyone!

Does anyone know what date the D1 2020 class starts? I had heard it might be July 1, but then since July 4 is a national holiday (and July 3 is going to be observed this year?) does that mean we would only have two days of (presumably) orientation and then have a holiday immediately following? Just curious, as I had travel plans for the 4th prior to hearing from UAB.

Does anyone know what date the D1 2020 class starts? I had heard it might be July 1, but then since July 4 is a national holiday (and July 3 is going to be observed this year?) does that mean we would only have two days of (presumably) orientation and then have a holiday immediately following? Just curious, as I had travel plans for the 4th prior to hearing from UAB.
It’s July 1st they will send a little email packet

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I emailed them in the middle of last month asking if the interview calls were delayed, and they confirmed it. They also said that they will be interviewing through February. I don't know if things have changed a lot since this, but I doubt it (if anyone has more recent news, please correct me and update us). Don't lose hope; there's still a chance! :)

Hey everyone, I emailed them in the middle of last month asking if the interview calls were delayed, and they confirmed it. They also said that they will be interviewing through February. I don't know if things have changed a lot since this, but I doubt it (if anyone has more recent news, please correct me and update us). Don't lose hope; there's still a chance! :)
Did you speak to someone in admissions asking about interviews? I am also wondering if there will be more interview dates for applicants !

I got a very strange call today from Dr Taichman, the dean himself, asking me if I was still interested in attending UAB. I told him that I for sure was and in my head expected to receive an offer right there (after all it was the dean calling), no offer was made instead he asked me if I had received offers from any other schools. I told him I had but that I would choose UAB over those schools. He said that unfortunately he couldnt make an offer at that point but thanked me for my honesty. He then proceeded to make small talk about my finals and winter break plans until the phone call ended. I was kind of shocked at the whole ordeal. Has this happened to anyone else recently or in years past? I have no idea what to make of it.

I got a very strange call today from Dr Taichman, the dean himself, asking me if I was still interested in attending UAB. I told him that I for sure was and in my head expected to receive an offer right there (after all it was the dean calling), no offer was made instead he asked me if I had received offers from any other schools. I told him I had but that I would choose UAB over those schools. He said that unfortunately he couldnt make an offer at that point but thanked me for my honesty. He then proceeded to make small talk about my finals and winter break plans until the phone call ended. I was kind of shocked at the whole ordeal. Has this happened to anyone else recently or in years past? I have no idea what to make of it.
Hey when did you interview at UAB?

I haven’t heard of anyone receiving a call like that. That’s so strange, but I feel like it’s good news! I know right now UAB’s admission department is kind of all over the place. They are a little disorganized at the moment due to Dr.filler retiring. They’re behind on a lot of things including interviews and acceptances.

My friend received an acceptance at UAB by phone yesterday! So was Dr. T calling to check on interest and calling/giving acceptances?

• Wow
I’m not too sure. I think they’re still deciding! Fingers crossed for all of us
Are you in state? If so, when did you interview? Also, Has anyone here heard anything from UAB this week? I wonder if they just call randomly or have specific days that they call.

Did anyone receive a phone call today from UAB?
I was hoping they’d make some calls before the office closes for the year but I never heard from them if they made any today:/ If they didn’t call anyone today, maybe they’ll send out some calls tomorrow? I was also wondering if anyone had heard anything.

I was hoping they’d make some calls before the office closes for the year but I never heard from them if they made any today:/ If they didn’t call anyone today, maybe they’ll send out some calls tomorrow? I was also wondering if anyone had heard anything.
Yeah I was wondering if anyone heard anything from UAB this week? I haven't heard anything either, nor have I received any calls.

Yeah I was wondering if anyone heard anything from UAB this week? I haven't heard anything either, nor have I received any calls.
I got called today! I think there were others too. Super pumped!

Interviewed back in September and heard nothing. Anyone in the same boat as me?

I interviewed in September and haven't heard anything either. I'm IS too and this waiting game is killing me

I am OOS and was rejected last week (I can’t remember the day exactly) without an interview. I only found out by checking my AADSAS status, there was no phone call or email. Best of luck to all of you, no news is better than bad news!

IS and I haven’t heard anything either :( Did you guys know there’s a facebook group for the 2024 class? There’s 54 people in it, and I’m guessing about 5-8 of them are admin. I honestly have no idea how many spots are left. :(((

I am OOS and was rejected last week (I can’t remember the day exactly) without an interview. I only found out by checking my AADSAS status, there was no phone call or email. Best of luck to all of you, no news is better than bad news!
Did they ever send you any email? That seems strange.