*The Official University of Florida Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else feel their UF interview did not go well?
I kinda felt that way. Praying for a miracle on Dec. 3rd lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else feel their UF interview did not go well?

I feel it went pretty badly. Of the three interviewers, one was completely uninterested, rolling her eyes and yawning repeatedly. The other two were all smiles, but that one lady still haunts me...

What’s the typical wait time for a response after submitting the supplemental app?

Members don't see this ad :)
What’s the typical wait time for a response after submitting the supplemental app?

I wouldn't say there's a typical wait time. Some people get it the next day, others in two weeks. It was 2 months for me! Just wait it out, it'll come. They give little notice, I think I got 5 days, so your invite could pop up anytime!

I wouldn't say there's a typical wait time. Some people get it the next day, others in two weeks. It was 2 months for me! Just wait it out, it'll come. They give little notice, I think I got 5 days, so your invite could pop up anytime!
Waiting is the name of the game! Thank you for your response. I was expecting a rejection letter at this point but was surprised to get the supplemental. Hoping if I do get an interview I can get it in before Dec. 3rd.

Does anyone know if UF is conducting interviews in November? The thread tracking that info on here says the last known interview date was back in October.

Anyone receive a post interview call for questions/info about a meet and greet day in December?
Yes I got that call. They say that its not a wink wink youre getting it but just to let you know when open house is

"You are invited to a meet and greet for accepted students but this does not mean that you are accepted." Ehhhh lol wat

Whats everybodies AADSAS status lookin like? Mine says "Received/Application Complete."

Members don't see this ad :)
Tomorrow is the day! Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back from UFCD. The UFCD Class of 2022 has created a Facebook group for you to connect with other accepted students and ask questions of older students.

Search "UFCD Class of 2023".

As always, Go Gators!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Accepted. 6:45 a.m. Tampa area code. Shaking right now.

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!! 6:48 am EST. It was one of my interviewers that called.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the call. Praise the Lord!!

Reactions: 5 users
Is anyone planning on attending the accepted students get together on Saturday?

Accepted! OOS. Is this real life?!

Congrats everyone!!! I’m still waiting/dying for a call

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!!

Received a call at 6:34 AM this morning. Still can't believe it!

Does anyone know if UF makes more calls throughout the day? It seems like they only call early AF in the morning lol

Tomorrow is the day! Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back from UFCD. The UFCD Class of 2022 has created a Facebook group for you to connect with other accepted students and ask questions of older students.

Search "UFCD Class of 2023".

As always, Go Gators!
Hey could anybody find that facebook page or is it just me? I got the call at 9:00 am and super excited!

Waitlisted via email and on AADSAS. Sigh.

Is it safe this was the first option for everyone here? Would you mind sharing why (other than the cost lol)? I'm heavily leaning towards UF right now but the decision is VERY tough

Last edited:
Btw, congrats to everyone who got in and those who didn't, I'm sure you will get acceptances from other amazing programs (if you haven't already);)

Is it safe this was the first option for everyone here? Would you mind sharing why (other than the cost lol)? I'm heavily leaning towards UF right now but the decision is VERY tough
1). Cost for instate is a big one, even though I’m planning on HPSP.
2). I knew I wanted to go to a well established state program that had access to a lot of patients so I don’t have to worry about finding my own in clinics, and UF has that.
3). So far I’m waitlisted at the only other option I would consider, but I think I like UF better overall.
4). I know it’s sounds dumb, but also I just liked the overall “vibe” of my experience there. I liked the campus, I liked the buildings, classes and people I interacted with, and enough of those little things added to my overall experience that made me enjoy it. Sure some schools I interviewed at had newer clinics or better X or Y, but most them just didn’t give me the same feeling.
5). It’s my dentists alma mater.

Last edited:
1). Cost for instate is a big one, even though I’m planning on HPSP.
2). I knew I wanted to go to a well established state program that had access to a lot of patients so I don’t have to worry about finding my own in clinics, and UF has that.
3). So far I’m waitlisted at the only other option I would consider, but I think I like UF better overall.
4). I know it’s sounds dumb, but also I just liked the overall “vibe” of my experience there. I liked the campus, I liked the buildings, classes and people I interacted with, and enough of those little things added to my overall experience that made me enjoy it. Sure some schools I interviewed at had newer clinics or better X or Y, but most them just didn’t give me the same feeling.
6). It’s my dentists alma mater.
Those are solid reasons. Thanks for your input!

Accepted 6:39 AM Eastern Time! So happy

I saw somebody post on here earlier about the Open House for Accepted Students, here is the link to the page to register.

Florida is my #1 right now. Cost, proximity to home, college town feel, and the students seeming happier than all other schools being the main reasons!

Florida is my #1 right now. Cost, proximity to home, college town feel, and the students seeming happier than all other schools being the main reasons!
That is interesting. My opinion, simply from the interview, was that the students seemed far less happy than at other schools I interviewed at. It might have just been a stressful day for the students but that was something that definitely stuck with me. I know UF is an incredible school but that vibe was hard for me to shake. It’s making this decision pretty hard!

That is interesting. My opinion, simply from the interview, was that the students seemed far less happy than at other schools I interviewed at. It might have just been a stressful day for the students but that was something that definitely stuck with me. I know UF is an incredible school but that vibe was hard for me to shake. It’s making this decision pretty hard!
Yeah I get that, I got that same vibe at UAB, even though the school is amazing, some of students just gave off a weird vibe. Yeah maybe they were stressed or tired, but its just one of those little things that shouldn't affect a decision but it really does.

Yeah I get that, I got that same vibe at UAB, even though the school is amazing, some of students just gave off a weird vibe. Yeah maybe they were stressed or tired, but its just one of those little things that shouldn't affect a decision but it really does.

Maybe I was just there on a good day. Might also be skewed because I interviewed at Pitt a couple days later and they seemed like they hated their lives. I personally think the happiness of students is important when choosing a school but can't read too much into one day.

I just wanted to put this out there for the people who will be looking at this for future cycles. I had an interview on 10/3 and I felt like my interview went really well. I work at UF Dental and I knew all of my interviewers. I received the call before Dec 3rd asking if I had any questions about their program and to remember the open house date (which is unusually cruel for those that get waitlisted/rejected on Dec 3rd). And Dec 3rd comes and I got waitlisted. I had a 3.1 oGPA (3.32 sGPA) and did my Undergrad at UF and I did a master's at UF and ended up with a 3.43 oGPA (3.70 sGPA). I got into 3 other dental schools (UCSF, NYU and Buffalo) so if you don't get into UF don't fret. Keep your head up! From what I know, a good portion of the DMD class (15-17 students) is made up of people from the waitlist.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
For future applicants in upcoming cycles. Getting accepted to UF literally meant the world to me as my state school and having close friends at the school always telling me great things. I literally just a few weeks ago and earlier would always go on these forums OBSESSED to find any example of people getting accepted or something, so I'm doing this in case there's somebody out there (stay calm). I got a 22AA/22TS/23PAT with a 3.98 gpa, but during the interview I really feel like it all matters on how you display your personality and handle the things they throw at you, which they certainly will. I really thought I was gonna get rejected because I did say some really stupid stuff and mispronounced the easiest words, but luckily after getting accepted I really understand that they're trying to see the type of person you are as much as possible. Try to make all your experiences in your app have quality over quantity so that it personally relates to yourself. I was able to link all my experiences together with my personality and interests so it definitely didn't seem like I put it to add more stuff or just impress. Also really try to show them that you're certainly able to handle the rigorous life of a dental student and ESPECIALLY mature enough if you're on the younger side like myself (20). That was something really important to me going in that I wanted to let them know and I addressed my age and unique time management skills at the end when they asked if I had anything to add. Sorry this is so long I could talk about this forever. If anybody has questions lmk. Best of luck to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.