1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

*The Official University of Florida Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread*

Discussion in 'School Specific Discussions' started by pma96, Jun 22, 2018.

1. WalterWhite70

For future applicants in upcoming cycles. Getting accepted to UF literally meant the world to me as my state school and having close friends at the school always telling me great things. I literally just a few weeks ago and earlier would always go on these forums OBSESSED to find any example of people getting accepted or something, so I'm doing this in case there's somebody out there (stay calm). I got a 22AA/22TS/23PAT with a 3.98 gpa, but during the interview I really feel like it all matters on how you display your personality and handle the things they throw at you, which they certainly will. I really thought I was gonna get rejected because I did say some really stupid stuff and mispronounced the easiest words, but luckily after getting accepted I really understand that they're trying to see the type of person you are as much as possible. Try to make all your experiences in your app have quality over quantity so that it personally relates to yourself. I was able to link all my experiences together with my personality and interests so it definitely didn't seem like I put it to add more stuff or just impress. Also really try to show them that you're certainly able to handle the rigorous life of a dental student and ESPECIALLY mature enough if you're on the younger side like myself (20). That was something really important to me going in that I wanted to let them know and I addressed my age and unique time management skills at the end when they asked if I had anything to add. Sorry this is so long I could talk about this forever. If anybody has questions lmk. Best of luck to everyone!

IdleKoala, pma96 and FutureDento23 like this.
  2. mrdeez

mrdeez Probationary Status
    2+ Year Member

Did y’all get acceptance packages yet?

3. WalterWhite70

Yeah I got mine yesterday morning

4. mrdeez

2+ Year Member

Was it USPS?

5. IdleKoala

Pre-Dental
    I haven't received mine yet, but I emailed Sarah in admissions, and she gave me a call back. She said my package was in transit, but she provided me a pdf copy of my acceptance letter cause I needed it for my HPSP. So if you need something from the packet, you can email her.

6. pma96

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Yeah I think it's USPS. I haven't received mine yet but on the informed delivery page I can see that it's in transit

7. mrdeez

2+ Year Member

Where can I see this informed delivery situation? Asking because my local post office is incompetent and has lost packages before.

8. pma96

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Just look up "informed delivery usps" and sign up for it. In the packages section you can see it.

9. updat

Pre-Dental
    Does anybody know if UF sends out post December interviews?

M_CS likes this.
  10. WalterWhite70

Yes they do. All the way until February I believe

M_CS likes this.
  11. ChocoPie19

Pre-Dental
    Hi guys, just received an interview couple days ago and was wondering how to prep? Heard this interview was pretty tough in years past. Any info would be great, thanks in advance! :)

12. updat

Pre-Dental
    I haven’t really heard back from UF at all. Was wondering if i should call them on Monday and let them know I’m still interested?

13. WalterWhite70

Know your application very well, but not just the details and instead more of how it all relates together with your personality. They love to see you genuinely passionate about stuff I believe. They could ask from different angles on why you chose dentistry as opposed to something else so just be really prepared for anything like that. I made a post earlier giving some info that could help too. If they do go a little tough on you just handle it really well and bounce back, don't seem like you were caught off guard. If they ask if you wanna let them know of anything at the end, don't be afraid to say something that you feel is essential about yourself. There's really no key to nailing it besides being super confident and genuinely passionate with all your qualifications. Hope this helps and good luck!

IdleKoala and FutureDento23 like this.