***The Official University of Iowa Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I got an email a few days ago, saying it was nice for them to host me during the interviewand hope to see you next time, as a Hawkeye!
I know it just a thank you email, but why I'm interpreting in a different way that sounds like see you next year.
I got the same email as well. Sorry if I bursted any bubbles. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have a status change to "Check Back Dec. 1st?"

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think Aadsas used that anymore. Also, 'any people have not had their statuses changed at all.
i have one school that changed to Dec. 1st for me.

Reactions: 1 user
i have one school that changed to Dec. 1st for me.

I think you said you applied to USC? From what I have seen thats the only school. Idk though, I had been putting a lot of hope into getting a status change, but I don think anyone for iowa is seeing it. So there isn't really anything to worry about.

Oh, really?
yea, someone posted on a thread I started. Because I was wondering about dec. 1st stuff and the person sent me a code thing they use from their site and it wasn't a code that they had active, but some people are getting it. So who knows lol. Plus we got like 1.5 days its not a big deal.

I just realized the column with decision date was after my interview. :wideyed:

Think we'll hear at midnight tonight???
I just realized the column with decision date was after my interview. :wideyed:
I hope so, I'm starting to get anxious! I also didn't get the decision date change... I had an instate friend that didn't hear until later in December last year, lets hope we don't have to wait more than another 24 hours!

I hope so, I'm starting to get anxious! I also didn't get the decision date change... I had an instate friend that didn't hear until later in December last year, lets hope we don't have to wait more than another 24 hours!
You didn't get a decision date change? Mine changed to a date after my interview. And yes, I've heard in state people getting accepted at later dates as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
current student at Iowa, if you get the December 1st acceptance you'll hear about it right after midnight. I got my acceptance at 12:02, good luck!

Last edited:
You didn't get a decision date change? Mine changed to a date after my interview. And yes, I've heard in state people getting accepted at later dates as well.
I did not, but I have a feeling that I might not hear back tomorrow since I interviewed relatively late. Good luck everyone!!!

current student at Iowa, if you get the December 1st acceptance you'll hear about it right after midnight. I got my acceptance at 12:02, good luck!
is that eastern or central time?

I just received the acceptance email at 10:02 PT. I'm so excited for this!!!!! OOS

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! Still waiting for an email, that might not come lol.
I'm sure it will come. I was part of the very first interview group, so I'm not sure if that information is helpful.

I haven't heard anything from them yet, OOS!

just read on old threads people got emails from midnight, to random times like 3 am and 6 am. So i might hit the hay, got exams tomorrow. I need those grades still.

Those who got in, remember when someone yells ON IOWA!!!

you YELL.

GOOOOO HAWKS!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
just read on old threads people got emails from midnight, to random times like 3 am and 6 am. So i might hit the hay, got exams tomorrow. I need those grades still.

so theres still hope?! :D lol thanks for posting this!

for those of us who haven't heard back, i wonder what this means/where we stand.

For the people who were accepted and in-state, how many of you went to Iowa for your undergrad and were part of the pre-admit program?

For the people who were accepted and in-state, how many of you went to Iowa for your undergrad and were part of the pre-admit program?

I didn't go to U of Iowa and I wasn't deferred admit either. But I did interview very early and am a reapplicant. Don't give up hope a lot of people get accepted in the next couple months.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For the people that got in, did you ever have a status change of the date of decision?

For the people that got in, did you ever have a status change of the date of decision?
I am accepted. But there is no change on the school decision. I cannot find the payment link on MyIU, neither. What about you?

I am accepted. But there is no change on the school decision. I cannot find the payment link on MyIU, neither. What about you?
Sorry, I meant on aadsas! Are you in state?