***The Official University of Iowa Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I'm not declines, or cancelled. Just they aren't going to actively review me anymore. Notify if I do get reactive

So deferred just means that the file won't be actively reviewed anymore? Does it basically mean waitlisted, or is there a difference?

Members don't see this ad.

So deferred just means that the file won't be actively reviewed anymore? Does it basically mean waitlisted, or is there a difference?

I am not sure about waitlist. I am not sure if there is one

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an acceptance email today! In state

Reactions: 5 users
I also got an acceptance email today! In state

Reactions: 5 users
congrats to all those in-state who were accepted!!! :)

anyone out-of-state get accepted today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted yesterday - out of state! Interviewed late November

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you who received emails did it say "deny" or "defer?" Is there a difference?

I got an email saying I've been "denied" but they will notify me if they actively review my file again. So the reviewing of file part seems consistent with what others have said but I wanted to confirm the wording of deny vs defer

For those of you who received emails did it say "deny" or "defer?" Is there a difference?

I got an email saying I've been "denied" but they will notify me if they actively review my file again. So the reviewing of file part seems consistent with what others have said but I wanted to confirm the wording of deny vs defer

Deferred for me. It specifically said not denied in my email.

Are you going to attend? I declined my acceptance from Dec 1st as an OOS and looks like you got it! Congrats!!

I am not sure - I am deciding between Ohio State and Iowa. Iowa offered me a scholarship so I'm really conflicted! Glad you freed up a spot

Search "The University of Iowa College of Dentistry Class of 2021" on Facebook and it should show up.

Last edited:
Congrats to those who have been accepted!

My brother and I are looking for another roommate in a 3 bed apartment for the upcoming school year. He's currently a D1 and I'm a D2. We live across the street from the school (on Lincoln Ave). Rent is cheap and comes with two parking spots. Message me and we can discuss further. Thanks.

Has anyone heard anything recently?

Is it safe to assume we're waitlisted if we haven't heard back yet?

For everyone who is still waiting, don't count yourself out! I got accepted today at 10am.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an email this afternoon indicating that I have been wait listed. Does this mean that all seats have been filled by selection by the committee or that all have been filled and accepted by applicants?

Also waitlisted from deferred.

I haven't even received any email from Rachael yet, so nervous right now!.

Accepted off the waitlist today!

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when were you originally placed on the waitlist?

I was placed on the waitlist on Jan. 23rd, accepted Feb. 1st.

For those looking at this in the future, I'm OOS and my stats were 3.71 oGPA 21 AA.

Anyone else hearing anything from Iowa?