**The Official University of Iowa Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

OOS, interviewed in October, and still “Invited for Interview.” Was wondering if there was historically any significance in the statuses as well!
If you checked the thread from the past years, they did the status changes in the AADSAS portal for interviewees after a few days postinterview, the status change means something. However, it seems they didn't do that this year for OOS applicants, because I have not heard that from OOS applicants (or, maybe someone already had the change, but they are not in the SDN forum). Anyway, Dec 2nd is approaching, let us wait in less than 3 weeks for a final notice. Good luck for everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

If you checked the thread from the past years, they did the status changes in the AADSAS portal for interviewees after a few days postinterview, the status change means something. However, it seems they didn't do that this year for OOS applicants, because I have not heard that from OOS applicants (or, maybe someone already had the change, but they are not in the SDN forum). Anyway, Dec 2nd is approaching, let us wait in less than 3 weeks for a final notice. Good luck for everyone!
What does the status change mean?

Reactions: 1 user

I’m out of state and my status changed after my interview from “invited to interview” to “Received/under review”. I honestly don’t think it means anything, they probably change the status of every interviewee.

Edit: If they don’t change it then it probably doesn’t make a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)

What does your status say and what does the change usually mean?

What does your status say and what does the change usually mean?
My status has not been changed since the September interview. Honestly, I can’t 100% judge what the status change means for all the interviewees. But, from the thread posted last years (especially last 2 years), I saw that most of people who have a status change to “check back on dec 2nd” or “under review” after their interviews got accepted finally. Again, just my personal feeling that the status change means good, I may be wrong. I’m not sure if anyone has the same feeling as mine so far. BTW, have your status changed again? Thanks.

Reactions: 1 users
My status has not been changed since the September interview. Honestly, I can’t 100% judge what the status change means for all the interviewees. But, from the thread posted last years (especially last 2 years), I saw that most of people who have a status change to “check back on dec 2nd” or “under review” after their interviews got accepted finally. Again, just my personal feeling that the status change means good, I may be wrong. I’m not sure if anyone has the same feeling as mine so far. BTW, have your status changed again? Thanks.

I wouldn’t think about it if I were you, it probably doesn’t mean anything.

My status for Iowa is still “Received/Under Review”, at the other schools I interviewed at my status is still “Invited to Interview”.

Hey for anyone who has gotten invited for an interview, did you get a call prior to your interview from a student or staff member? & did you receive anything after the interview?

Yes, we met the student that called everyone before our interview date! After the interview, I received a thank-you letter from my tour guide, for visiting the school!

I’m out of state and my status changed after my interview from “invited to interview” to “Received/under review”. I honestly don’t think it means anything, they probably change the status of every interviewee.

Edit: If they don’t change it then it probably doesn’t make a difference.
Same. I'm OOS and mine also changed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone’s status say “check back dec. 2nd”?

I spoke to another OOS applicant that interviewed with me, he said his recently changed to “received/under review”, and from what I’ve been seeing on here it looks as if people either have “invited to interview” or “received/under review” for their status...

Does anyone’s status say “check back dec. 2nd”?

I spoke to another OOS applicant that interviewed with me, he said his recently changed to “received/under review”, and from what I’ve been seeing on here it looks as if people either have “invited to interview” or “received/under review” for their status...

when did y’all interview again?

I was the first interview in August and my status changed to Received/Under Review

I was interviewed in late September and my status has not been changed, it is still Invited for Interview.

And mine was early October, so maybe they are just getting to each application in order of interview date?

Mine was changed a few days after my interview.

OOS here and had my interview mid September. My status is Received/Under review. At this point I think we are all just psyching ourselves. Fingers crossed and lets all just hope for the best!

I interviewed and got the email, but I'm assuming everyone who interviewed got it too.

Reactions: 2 users
I already paid the $500 deposit and will be attending the University of Iowa College of Dentistry. Who else will be?

I already paid the $500 deposit and will be attending the University of Iowa College of Dentistry. Who else will be?
Looks like we will be future classmates! Have you received the email regarding the background check yet?

Looks like we will be future classmates! Have you received the email regarding the background check yet?
Just paid my deposit! I will be attending Iowa!!

Anyone heard of any rejection or waitlist emails going out yet??

Hey guys, out of state student from South Florida who was accepted at midnight on December 2nd here. (Interviewed on 10/28)

21 AA | oGPA: 3.64 | sGPA: 3.33 (I dont remember the exact sGPA, but it was close to this)
Interviewed: Iowa, Roseman, Temple, VCU, UF
Accepted: Iowa, Roseman, Temple, VCU
Waitlisted: UF

I wanted to know, for those of you who are deciding to attend Iowa over your other offers, what is it that's motivating your decision? I don't have any ties to Iowa and I've only lived in big cities with warm weather (Florida and Texas). When people ask me why i'm leaning towards Iowa, my response is just "they have all the specialties and this one just feels right." What are your reasons for choosing this school?

Also, does anyone know what the camaraderie has been like in past classes at Iowa dental? Is it typically competitive or collaborative? Thanks!