**The Official University of Iowa Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Hey guys, out of state student from South Florida who was accepted at midnight on December 2nd here. (Interviewed on 10/28)

21 AA | oGPA: 3.64 | sGPA: 3.33 (I dont remember the exact sGPA, but it was close to this)
Interviewed: Iowa, Roseman, Temple, VCU, UF
Accepted: Iowa, Roseman, Temple, VCU
Waitlisted: UF

I wanted to know, for those of you who are deciding to attend Iowa over your other offers, what is it that's motivating your decision? I don't have any ties to Iowa and I've only lived in big cities with warm weather (Florida and Texas). When people ask me why i'm leaning towards Iowa, my response is just "they have all the specialties and this one just feels right." What are your reasons for choosing this school?

Also, does anyone know what the camaraderie has been like in past classes at Iowa dental? Is it typically competitive or collaborative? Thanks!
It isn’t a competitive atmosphere at all. Hawkeyes are always helping other hawkeyes. Any-who, I’m from Iowa and I can tell you that it won’t be a decision you regret. The sense of community and knowing that you have the ability to talk to anyone. All I’m saying is if it feels right it is because it will be the best decision of your life. I love it here.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, out of state student from South Florida who was accepted at midnight on December 2nd here. (Interviewed on 10/28)

21 AA | oGPA: 3.64 | sGPA: 3.33 (I dont remember the exact sGPA, but it was close to this)
Interviewed: Iowa, Roseman, Temple, VCU, UF
Accepted: Iowa, Roseman, Temple, VCU
Waitlisted: UF

I wanted to know, for those of you who are deciding to attend Iowa over your other offers, what is it that's motivating your decision? I don't have any ties to Iowa and I've only lived in big cities with warm weather (Florida and Texas). When people ask me why i'm leaning towards Iowa, my response is just "they have all the specialties and this one just feels right." What are your reasons for choosing this school?

Also, does anyone know what the camaraderie has been like in past classes at Iowa dental? Is it typically competitive or collaborative? Thanks!
I am also from Iowa, but I do believe that Iowa is one of the best schools the country! They have all of specifies in house which is nice if you are even thinking of specializing. Everyone that I have spoke to in the dental school says that all 80 of the classmates work really well together! It is a very big research institution if that aspect of dentistry interests you. Everyone who wants to do research is allowed to do research which makes Iowa stand out against some other schools. If you decide to come here, you will adjust to the cold weather and it's not as bad as you think.

Reactions: 2 users
Apologies if this was posted already and I missed it, but is there a class of 2024 facebook page yet?
Also has anyone gotten news of scholarships?

Reactions: 1 user
Apologies if this was posted already and I missed it, but is there a class of 2024 facebook page yet?
5264323B-32DA-4504-BFAB-EDAE20D634AD.png
This is all I could find.

• Haha
So who all has accepted an offer? And have any scholarships been sent out yet?

I received a scholarship offer the day of my acceptance (December 2nd).

If anyone has any questions about Iowa or the Iowa City area, I am here to help from Iowa originally and went to the University of Iowa for my undergrad.
Where do most of the students live around the school? Just trying to figure out housing for next year.

Reactions: 2 users
Where do most of the students live around the school? Just trying to figure out housing for next year.
From what I've heard, a lot of people live on Lincoln Ave., Valley Ave. or in that area. Those streets are right across from the dental school, but there are some students who bike or bus to class. I know a few people who live near the hospital or Kinnick Stadium.

Lincoln Ave, Valley Ave. and Woolf Ave. are all really close to the dental school. There are a ton of apartments in both Coralvillee and Iowa City and most have a bus real close that will take you right to the Dental College!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Iowa is planning on sending or has already sent out a second round of acceptances before Jan 2?

Does anyone know if Iowa is planning on sending or has already sent out a second round of acceptances before Jan 2?

Idk, but I haven’t heard anything just yet, not rejection or waitlist, just limbo! I’m sure something would be coming sometime soon!

Idk, but I haven’t heard anything just yet, not rejection or waitlist, just limbo! I’m sure something would be coming sometime soon!

Make sure to check your spam folder. That's where my acceptance was, and I didn't find out for 2 days.

Make sure to check your spam folder. That's where my acceptance was, and I didn't find out for 2 days.

Hey! Congrats!! Who did you email come from? Rachael Kowbel email address or a weird admissions type of email address??!

Has anybody gotten any more information after their acceptance? I did the background check and paid the deposit but I haven't heard anything since early December. Also, does anybody know if there will be any place to look for roommates?

Has anybody gotten any more information after their acceptance? I did the background check and paid the deposit but I haven't heard anything since early December. Also, does anybody know if there will be any place to look for roommates?
Rachael sends out emails each month during the spring semester to get us ready. They are themed she told me such as January is housing, February is clothing, etc. Those were examples ps not actually what order they will be in!

Since we’re now about a week into January, has there been any notification of a waitlist? My hawkID status still says in progress

Anybody get officially waitlisted or offered an alternate spot??

I am also on the alternate list. Looks like the class must be full and the rest of us are out.

For people who are on the waiting list, did you guys receive an email from them saying they'll be offering you a consultation if you will apply next year or something like that....? Please guys provide any thoughts... (I am very stressed)

For people who are on the waiting list, did you guys receive an email from them saying they'll be offering you a consultation if you will apply next year or something like that....? Please guys provide any thoughts... (I am very stressed)
I don’t think it’s conditional, but a very nice thing for them to do regarding improvement in case you think you will have to reapply for the next cycle. Do you think everyone on the waitlist got it?

I don’t think it’s conditional, but a very nice thing for them to do regarding improvement in case you think you will have to reapply for the next cycle. Do you think everyone on the waitlist got it?
I'm on the waitlist and I got this as well.

Last edited:
How many of us on the waiting list at Iowa....? Let's see how many of us...? if you guys don't mind sharing it? I'm on the waiting list...

Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to those of you that are accepted and are planning to enter the class in the fall! I currently live in Iowa City and am moving to South Carolina in the fall to begin school myself, so I am looking for someone to take over my lease beginning in August. I will be leaving partway through May, so if you are planning on moving during the summer it will be available then.

I live in a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom house in Melrose Ct (about a 10 minute walk to MERF). All of the bedrooms are upstairs and the main floor is quite spacious and includes a kitchen, dining room, living room, and den. There is also an unfinished basement that we have mainly utilized for storage. My current roommates (going to be a 2nd year medical student and a 3rd year dental student) are both staying for the following year. They are both males, about 24 years old. Rent is $600/month plus utilities. We have a driveway and spot in the back for parking - no trouble fitting 3 cars. It has been a great spot to live with its proximity to all of the hospital buildings, the stadium on days of football games, and easy bus access to downtown. My email address is [email protected] - if anyone is interested please don't hesitate to contact me for pictures/more information!

Kyle

Anyone (from the waiting list people) heard back from Rachael or even from the school itself?

How many total OOS applicants get interviewed at Iowa and accepted?