****The Official University of Maryland Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

I believe present25 is too busy celebrating at the moment, so I did a little research. Predent25 interview on Nov. 4th.

According to previous cycles, Maryland will have a few more big acceptance days in the middle of Feb, and beginning of March, and beginning of April. The school should also be notifying who's on the wait list starting late Feb. (All this are from SDN, not sure how reliable the source is).

I interviewed pre-Jan, and status is still 'invited for interview'. If it happens, it happens. :cool:

yeah I saw Nov.4th also but that post was back in 2009. I really thought today was going to be the big day :(

Members don't see this ad.

yeah I saw Nov.4th also but that post was back in 2009. I really thought today was going to be the big day :(

Oh yes, you are so observant. :) Here you go then, he interviewed 3 years ago, and finally got in the 3rd year.

There's still time, JustwantDDS and nolimit500. Treat yourselves to a cup of hot chocolate.

The school must like you to offer you an interview. I know people who got accepted one or two days after the interview. I speculate what happens is that (1) someone spots something sparking in your application (2) invite you for a chat (3) send the whole application to the committee for another review. [I paid attention to Dean Meehan's presentation]

What happens then: (1) If they like the whole file, you are accepted the day after interview for post December 1st interviews; (2) if they like your file, but not that much, you are accepted on the next big acceptance day starting from December 1st; (3) if they are indifferent about your file, they will put it aside for now until someday someone picks it up again, most likely after another few interviews rounds. [Pure speculation]

The good thing is that you are already half way there after the interview, the bad thing is that you don't know where you are exactly, the ugly is that you are waiting anxiously.

Last edited:
Sigh guess today wasnt my day :-/
Just keep your head up. There are several big admissions days left. I've been chasing this dream for 7 years. So believe me, I know how the anxiety feels. But when you get that email, it'll all be worth it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just keep your head up. There are several big admissions days left. I've been chasing this dream for 7 years. So believe me, I know how the anxiety feels. But when you get that email, it'll all be worth it!

You applied three consecutive cycles? Congrats to you.

Oh yes, you are so observant. :) Here you go then, he interviewed 3 years ago, and finally got in the 3rd year.

There's still time, JustwantDDS and nolimit500. Treat yourselves to a cup of hot chocolate.

The school must like you to offer you an interview. I know people who got accepted one or two days after the interview. I speculate what happens is that (1) someone spots something sparking in your application (2) invite you for a chat (3) send the whole application to the committee for another review. [I paid attention to Dean Meehan's presentation]

What happens then: (1) If they like the whole file, you are accepted the day after interview for post December 1st interviews; (2) if they like your file, but not that much, you are accepted on the next big acceptance day starting from December 1st; (3) if they are indifferent about your file, they will put it aside for now until someday someone picks it up again, most likely after another few interviews rounds. [Pure speculation]

The good thing is that you are already half way there after the interview, the bad thing is that you don't know where you are exactly, the ugly is that you are waiting anxiously.

Disagree with Theory #1. Adcoms are way too systematic to impulsively send out offers of admission. I think the only way people are accepted that soon after their interviews is if they happened to interview the day of/before the committee meeting.

Disagree with Theory #1. Adcoms are way too systematic to impulsively send out offers of admission. I think the only way people are accepted that soon after their interviews is if they happened to interview the day of/before the committee meeting.

You are probably right about this.

Now, what happens to the people who didn't receive acceptance after the committee meeting? According to present.com, some pre-dec interviewees were accepted in mid-Dec, and mid-Jan. Does the committee pull out the all interviewee files (including the previously undesirable) and re-evualate everyone then? :nod:

I'm in!! Got the email yesterday at 10:15am :D

Congrats I am going to be Junior when you start your Freshmen year at UMB this coming Fall.
Cool, Ill be the 30 year old PhD trying to keep up with all you young whipper snappers.

You are probably right about this.

Now, what happens to the people who didn't receive acceptance after the committee meeting? According to present.com, some pre-dec interviewees were accepted in mid-Dec, and mid-Jan. Does the committee pull out the all interviewee files (including the previously undesirable) and re-evualate everyone then? :nod:

Yeah, for those who weren't outright rejected after interviews, they were probably categorized into "possibles" to be re-evaluated after various deadlines. These deadlines would include offer acceptance, deposit, and AADSAS filing dates. State schools have to be especially careful about reaching their quota of residents, so my guess is that many mid-competitive OOSers are put into this batch.

Auuugh whatever the process is i wanna get in!!!! Im in state!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool, Ill be the 30 year old PhD trying to keep up with all you young whipper snappers.

Missy, we got one other girl in my class who is 38 year old with PhD. You are not alone.

Same here im going crazy waiting! I wonder If the people that got offers yesterday were part of a "batch"?

I was accepted in March so keep your :xf:

Got a request to fill out a supplemental today. Are they still giving out interviews and how much of the class is filled?

Rpatel- i interviewed jan 10 and i think they said about half was filled... Last yr i interviewed feb 2 and they were sorta deep in the cycle... So tbh its hard to tell

Rpatel- i interviewed jan 10 and i think they said about half was filled... Last yr i interviewed feb 2 and they were sorta deep in the cycle... So tbh its hard to tell

I know at least one person who put his deposit down, and he's not going to submit his second deposit on April 1st.

predents.com shows 2 acceptances on feb 16th, was that one of their big days?

The 16th was one of their acceptance days. I assume this because thats when I received my acceptance.

Has anyone called lately or know how many seats are left or filled as of today? Anyone know the next big acceptance day?

I was invited for an interview on Feb 29. The e-mail said this is the last interview session.

Submitted my deposit, and officially accepted my offer, one of my top choices

can everyone who's accepted/attending please try to update predents.com so the rest of us can get a better idea of how many seats are still open?? :oops::xf:

Has anyone been accepted recently? Is the class full? does anyone know???

Just notified by e-mail that I have been wait-listed. Says the next deposit date is April 1st, so I may hear something after that :-/ I've never wanted anything so badly in my life! :xf:

I have no idea :( Maryland is my only chance, all my efforts are going into just hoping now!

Just notified by e-mail that I have been wait-listed. Says the next deposit date is April 1st, so I may hear something after that :-/ I've never wanted anything so badly in my life! :xf:

When did you interview?

I just got the wait list email as well.
imgres

Wait listed on 3/6... Out-of-state :xf:

Does anyone know how many people get wait listed? Is it everyone that interviewed or just a select few?

got the wait list email today! I hope their wait list isn't too big...at the interview she made it seem like you have a pretty good chance of getting in when you're on it...I really want to go here :xf:

That is good to hear. I don't think anyone at my interview asked about the wait list, or at least, it didn't come up that I remember.

got the wait list email today! I hope their wait list isn't too big...at the interview she made it seem like you have a pretty good chance of getting in when you're on it...I really want to go here :xf:

Good luck everybody! Reeeaaally hope to see you in August.

I was waitlisted on 03/08:( I will be praying for good news come April 2nd

Got the waitlist email today. Unsure if I'll stay on it. Loved the school

I'm sure majority of people getting accepted are from out of state. All the people i spoke with that got accepted post February were out of state students.

Btw, I got wait listed too. Im in state.

Last edited:
Alright guys, lets break this down. People wait listed have two chances. One is the coming up deadline of April 1st. The last one is at May 1st. Is there anything i'm missing?