****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right? I don't even understand why other schools including Michigan are doing this. It's really unprofessional. If you expect us to be timely or professional, so do we.
Michigan has already sent out rejection emails. If you haven't recieved a rejection maybe it's because you haven't been rejected. I was sure I was rejected at another school and was annoyed they didn't even contact me on Dec 1. Unexpectedly I was sent an acceptance letter. I know at this point you just want closure, but it's not over till it's over.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Michigan has already sent out rejection emails. If you haven't recieved a rejection maybe it's because you haven't been rejected. I was sure I was rejected at another school and was annoyed they didn't even contact me on Dec 1. Unexpectedly I was sent an acceptance letter. I know at this point you just want closure, but it's not over till it's over.
Very true iono101! I can attest to that myself!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody in state heard any news? I've been calling them and emailing them and still haven't heard anything outside of "you'll know by February".
I'm in state and haven't heard anything since sending them my secondary app fee. I've emailed them asking if they received all my info/need anything else from me back in october/november-ish but they said no, and to just wait basically. I then emailed them a letter of interest/update letter earlier this month and never got a response :(

Anyone debating between Michigan and Marquette? Or any thoughts about it?

Rejected w/o interview today. 21 AA, 3.6cGPA, 3.5sGPA, good ECs, undergrad at UM, 5 other interviews... just goes to show that the world can be a strange place.

Edit: my name seems a bit strange now lol

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected w/o interview today. 21 AA, 3.6cGPA, 3.5sGPA, good ECs, undergrad at UM, 5 other interviews... just goes to show that the world can be a strange place.

Wow I should be getting one soon lol. Did they notify you by email?

Sorry man, I've been watching you want an interview so bad!

Still haven't heard back from UMICH and I believe their last interview is supposed to be tomorrow, so in that case I'm assuming that it's a rejection

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it Feb 3rd yet? this wait is killing me

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected via email

Did anyone at the 1/27 interview hear about when admissions will start calling or how many seats are left?

Rejected without Interview.

Haha I don't care. I just got a FULL RIDE (full tuition and stipend) from another school.

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected this morning.

3.85/24 AA

Oh well lol

If anyone is interested, I'm most likely signing at Parc Pointe Apartments. I'm deciding between a one or two bedroom, so send me a PM if you'd be down to talk about it.

There's free parking spaces, a washer and dryer in each apartment, and it's right on the bus line into campus if needed. They're also renovating the cabinets as an added bonus. You can move in June 1st too.

If anyone is interested, I'm most likely signing at Parc Pointe Apartments. I'm deciding between a one or two bedroom, so send me a PM if you'd be down to talk about it.

There's free parking spaces, a washer and dryer in each apartment, and it's right on the bus line into campus if needed. They're also renovating the cabinets as an added bonus. You can move in June 1st too.

Have a question, when do you start paying rent? Given that we start June 28th, do we have to start paying rent on the 1st? (this is a general question)

Have a question, when do you start paying rent? Given that we start June 28th, do we have to start paying rent on the 1st? (this is a general question)
At Parc Pointe, you pay rent on the date that you move in. If you move in on June 10th, the rent would be prorated, so you'd pay a bit less. I'm assuming it works the same way at most other apartments.

Yeah, but I'm still in between whether I want a roommate or not. Have you?
I'm 70% sure I do not want any roommates D1 year. I want my transition into dental school to go as smoothly and comfortably as possible. I want a strong start to dental school. I don't want to deal with incompatible personalities, disagreements, or a less than ideal environment. My plan is to spend a little extra on living alone D1 year. After D1 I'll know who I want to be roommates with, I'll be adjusted to the dental schedule, I'll be more knowledgeable about the area and my needs. I will be able to make a more informed choice D2 year. Many D4s told me this a good plan.

However, whenever I calculate what I could save if I were to get a roommate I start to feel unsure about living alone. Munger can be a really cheap at $827 a month, furnished, with internet, and a convenient location. But living with 6 random people has some risks. I can't really make up my mind lol.

I'm 70% sure I do not want any roommates D1 year. I want my transition into dental school to go as smoothly and comfortably as possible. I want a strong start to dental school. I don't want to deal with incompatible personalities, disagreements, or a less than ideal environment. My plan is to spend a little extra on living alone D1 year. After D1 I'll know who I want to be roommates with, I'll be adjusted to the dental schedule, I'll be more knowledgeable about the area and my needs. I will be able to make a more informed choice D2 year. Many D4s told me this a good plan.

However, whenever I calculate what I could save if I were to get a roommate I start to feel unsure about living alone. Munger can be a really cheap at $827 a month, furnished, with internet, and a convenient location. But living with 6 random people has some risks. I can't really make up my mind lol.
That's a pretty good plan. I value cleanliness and organization, so I don't want incompatible personalities either. I'm leaning toward no roommates too.

Like you said though, roommates do cut costs. The place I'm set on is like $300 cheaper a month if I have a roommate, and while I get $2000 a month to live on for HPSP stipend, that's still a lot of money I could be spending elsewhere or saving.

I haven't been accepted yet, but the sociology class is torturing me. Sad face

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

That's a pretty good plan. I value cleanliness and organization, so I don't want incompatible personalities either. I'm leaning toward no roommates too.

Like you said though, roommates do cut costs. The place I'm set on is like $300 cheaper a month if I have a roommate, and while I get $2000 a month to live on for HPSP stipend, that's still a lot of money I could be spending elsewhere or saving.

Honestly, $300 a month savings to live alone is nothing compared to the loan you'll be getting for dental school and have to pay off, plus the benefits of living alone. $300/mo * 12 months = $3600, or $14.4k for 4 years.

I rather spend an extra $15k over 4 years to live alone (but maybe that's just me). What difference does it really make between $285k and $300k (for example) when you're paying your loan back?

Honestly, $300 a month savings to live alone is nothing compared to the loan you'll be getting for dental school and have to pay off, plus the benefits of living alone. $300/mo * 12 months = $3600, or $14.4k for 4 years.

I rather spend an extra $15k over 4 years to live alone (but maybe that's just me). What difference does it really make between $285k and $300k (for example) when you're paying your loan back?
I won't be taking loans out, since I'm doing the Navy HPSP scholarship. For me it's a little bit different, because $300 savings of my $2000/month living stipend is a bit significant.

I get your reasoning though, there's a price to pay for living alone. It's worth it to some, myself included.

I haven't been accepted yet, but the sociology class is torturing me. Sad face

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yeah I have 3.5 hours of sociology lecture and discussion every Tuesday at night, which makes my Tuesdays by far the worst day of the week. Why do you do this Michigan?

Yeah I have 3.5 hours of sociology lecture and discussion every Tuesday at night, which makes my Tuesdays by far the worst day of the week. Why do you do this Michigan?

What are you guys learning in sociology at the moment? Curious since I'm also taking it.

I won't be taking loans out, since I'm doing the Navy HPSP scholarship. For me it's a little bit different, because $300 savings of my $2000/month living stipend is a bit significant.

I get your reasoning though, there's a price to pay for living alone. It's worth it to some, myself included.

Ah okay, I see. Also, I don't know how you are as a person, but generally when you have a roommate its easier to agree to countless offers of "gets go for drinks", or "lets go eat out tonight" much more often. That cuts deeply into your budget, and that $300 you think you're really saving, is much much less.

Ah okay, I see. Also, I don't know how you are as a person, but generally when you have a roommate its easier to agree to countless offers of "gets go for drinks", or "lets go eat out tonight" much more often. That cuts deeply into your budget, and that $300 you think you're really saving, is much much less.
Yeah I'm pretty good about not eating out, since I eat as healthy as I can. Roommates can be distracting for sure though.

Pre-dec interviews won't hear back tmr?

Anyone hear anything??

Reactions: 2 users
I thought at my interview they said Feb 3rd was the decision day

My understanding was that they would "try" to have decisions by the end of this week but it's starting to look like that isn't happening

Status
Not open for further replies.