***The Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Got my acceptance, interviewed November 17th. Got a nice scholarship, too. Congrats everyone!
When did you get your acceptance? Yesterday or today? CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I really should have applied for the scholly. Looks like they're giving them out like candy.
I didn't even apply for it and got it somehow, so maybe not enought people applied for it...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think because I filled out that form that stated I was planning on using a veteran's program to pay for D school, I didn't get offered (though, like I said, I didn't apply for one).

I got my acceptance as well today, but I interviewed on November 3, so I don't think those who interviewed early had an advantage.
wow, I think we met somehow, just don't know each other,lol. I also interviewed on Nov. 3~

Can people share which hotel they stayed at and how it was? I'm interviewing on Jan. 26th...

Can people share which hotel they stayed at and how it was? I'm interviewing on Jan. 26th...
I stayed at the Wyndam, University Center. Wasn't too expensive, pretty nice hotel with decent food, although the food was pricey. You can tell my thoughts on the school from my signature.

I stayed at the Wyndam, University Center. Wasn't too expensive, pretty nice hotel with decent food, although the food was pricey. You can tell my thoughts on the school from my signature.

Do you mind sharing how much it was? I called and heard that the rate is $97 + tax/fees...is that about right?

Do you mind sharing how much it was? I called and heard that the rate is $97 + tax/fees...is that about right?

For whatever hotel you decide to stay at, make sure you mention you're there for an interview at Pitt's Dental School! I saved a lot of money that way.

Reactions: 1 users
When did you receive your interview invite?

December 1st...which is pretty funny because most schools are sending out acceptances/rejections on that date...

Members don't see this ad :)
So people that got the scholarships do you mind if I ask if it was the deans scholarship? and did you have a GPA requirement to maintain it?
I didn't even apply for it and got it somehow, so maybe not enought people applied for it...

Also does anyone know when classes start? I cannot get a really detailed curriculum on the website

How. Big is the class size? I think they are wrapping up the admission process. When I emailed to update my score, the reply email states they are completing the interview process in Jan. And since somenone here already got a late Jam interview, I assume Pitts is not gonna send out any more interview invites? Any thoughts?

How. Big is the class size? I think they are wrapping up the admission process. When I emailed to update my score, the reply email states they are completing the interview process in Jan. And since somenone here already got a late Jam interview, I assume Pitts is not gonna send out any more interview invites? Any thoughts?

Thought it was 80? Anyway that person got it on December 1st and I know Pitt will at least be considereing a few more interviews based off looking at previous years posts. But hey each year is different I guess. Last year posts people got interviews as late as early January. However if Late January comes around and no interview...it's prob over.

White coat ceremony is August 31, so I presume it's the week prior (orientation and whatnot).

White coat ceremony is on the first day of classes, orientation was wed-fri the week before with an "optional" (mostly social) orientation in June

Also, they accepted several people through May off the waitlist.

White coat ceremony is on the first day of classes, orientation was wed-fri the week before with an "optional" (mostly social) orientation in June

Also, they accepted several people through May off the waitlist.
Thank you for the clarification.

Will interview in January. Do you guys recommend staying close to university or in downtown?

Will interview in January. Do you guys recommend staying close to university or in downtown?
Personally, I stayed close to the university (Wyndham). I can't speak for any of the other hotels, but there was a shuttle that took us directly to the dental school the morning of the interview. The Wyndham was close enough that even if the shuttle was late, it really wasn't a far walk. In fact, a group of us ended up walking back after the interview.

Just checking to see if anyone got a confirmation email that their deposit was received by the admissions office?

Ok. I sent mine in last Tuesday and I tried calling the admissions office today, but didn't connect with anyone. I'm hoping they got mine!

Ok. I sent mine in last Tuesday and I tried calling the admissions office today, but didn't connect with anyone. I'm hoping they got mine!
I sent mine in last Monday. Maybe it takes a week? At any rate, see you in the fall!

Congrats to those already accepted! I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the timeline. I interviewed at the beginning of November and sent in my scholarship consideration essay and completed my academic update yesterday. Anxiously waiting to hear back

Last edited:
Congrats to those already accepted! I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the timeline. I interviewed at the beginning of November and sent in my scholarship consideration essay and completed my academic update yesterday. Anxiously waiting to hear back

cGPA 3.53 sGPA 3.35 DATAA20
The same to me!!! Except the academic update things, lol~

Any clue when the next round of acceptances might be sent out for Pitt? Waitlisted, but they're my top choice!

Attachments

• 1986953876c3502969.jpg
    1986953876c3502969.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 74
lol, hope not~ just wondering about when will be the second wave of acceptance! Waiting is tough for us~

Any clue when the next round of acceptances might be sent out for Pitt? Waitlisted, but they're my top choice!

lol, hope not~ just wondering about when will be the second wave of acceptance! Waiting is tough for us~

I spoke with them two days ago and they said so far only 1 round of acceptances has been sent out and that was on Dec.1st, the next round will be sent out sometime next week!
Good luck to everyone

Reactions: 3 users
I spoke with them two days ago and they said so far only 1 round of acceptances has been sent out and that was on Dec.1st, the next round will be sent out sometime next week!
Good luck to everyone
thanks for sharing~ hopefully I can hear a good news from them next week! Cross finger~

Good luck to everyone

nice. thanks for the update

Anyone think there is still a possibility of post dec interviews or is it over?

Just received a post-dec interview invite from Pitt. but i'm turning it down, hope someone takes it!

Sent from my Parallels Virtual Platform using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Got an email today that doesn't sound great...
"Thank you for your continued interest in our school of dental medicine! At this point, we are actively engaged in our admissions process and will be contacting interviewed candidates on a rolling basis.
As we have all information we would require from you, please continue to monitor your email for communication from us."
Pretty vague! Probably not a good sign...

"Thank you for your continued interest in our school of dental medicine! At this point, we are actively engaged in our admissions process and will be contacting interviewed candidates on a rolling basis.
As we have all information we would require from you, please continue to monitor your email for communication from us."
Did you interview with me (10/13)? There were at least 2 BYU students who interviewed on the same day as me.

Yeah! I did! My name's Daniel, do you remember if we spoke or hung out at all? I can't remember which color I was...

Interesting, I did not get this email.

Just got an acceptance email, terrified it was sent by mistake lmao :p

Congratz!
I'm still "Invited for Interview" in AADSAS, so I may not have made this round...

Yap, I got the same email from them, and I could not get the point. Supposed to be good news? Or not?

Accepted!!! See you in the fall!
herbie.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users