*** The Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Are you serious?? What time was the email sent?

10:45 am EST! I interviewed back in November.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in as well!!
But I'm curious whether anyone got a scholarship?!

I didn't get any scholarship in my email but they said to expect another email about registration tomorrow.. So maybe we'll hear something then? did you send in a scholarship essay?

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get any scholarship in my email but they said to expect another email about registration tomorrow.. So maybe we'll hear something then? did you send in a scholarship essay?

I did! I wonder how it really works since we sent in our scholarship essay to the financial office as supposed to the admissions..
Let's cross our fingers for scholarship in tomorrow's email! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! Did your aadsas status change as well? Also how long do you have to put a deposit down?

my status hasn't changed yet and we're supposed to expect another email tomorrow regarding registration info! (deposit amount and deadline)

I did! I wonder how it really works since we sent in our scholarship essay to the financial office as supposed to the admissions..
Let's cross our fingers for scholarship in tomorrow's email! :)
Congrats to both of you!!! Also they call you for a scholarship. On Dec 1 they called later in the day I think

I just got the email about an hour ago!!! YAY!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!

I also just got an email about the scholarship. They offered me $2000 per year... Better than nothing! But I'm also Canadian, so probably there is more $$$ waiting for my American comrades :) !!

CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!!

Also a Canadian just accepted to Pitt!! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interview back in November and recently get accepted?

To those who sent in a deposit, is our only option to send in a cashier's check? I'm on vacation and I'm not sure how I'm gonna get a cashier's check without some crazy fees..

To those who sent in a deposit, is our only option to send in a cashier's check? I'm on vacation and I'm not sure how I'm gonna get a cashier's check without some crazy fees..

Maybe try calling the financial office? A bank draft/cashiers cheque usually costs about $8-10.. unless you are in a tropical country with no US banks in which case I am jealous!!

Accepted and got a small scholarship. Deciding between pitt and UB my state school..

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :highfive:

Is anyone in the Facebook group who can approve my join request?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Does anyone know if anyone has been rejected post-interview?

Most likely wait listed. Not rejected

Did anyone who interviewed on 1/25 hear back at all? its been a month and I have not received anything

Did anyone who interviewed on 1/25 hear back at all? its been a month and I have not received anything

I haven't heard anything at all!

Who wants to hear an awkward story?

I went to go mail my deposit forms for Pitt and was going to send in my Tufts wait list form in the same trip. Decided to decline tufts last min and therefore didn't need to mail the forms. Dumb me accidentally mailed the Tufts wait list forms WITH my Pitt forms to Pitt cause they were stuck in the same pile together. Fml Lol... just wanted to share that incase someone else does something stupid this cycle.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone have any idea when the next round of acceptances will be going out?

If y'all are curious, the class is currently less than 67/80 full according to an email sent out yesterday that again, did not hide the recipients. I say less than because this is only accounting for those who put down the first deposit so far.

Reactions: 1 users
If y'all are curious, the class is currently less than 67/80 full according to an email sent out yesterday that again, did not hide the recipients. I say less than because this is only accounting for those who put down the first deposit so far.

Wow that's great news..thanks for the update!

I just got in on March 1st, after interviewing in November. Probably going to decline my spot seeing as I've already accepted an offer at my state school and signed a lease down there. Pitt was my number one, but their failure to even let me know I was still even being considered after interviewing in November really affected my decision to go.

So are you saying that people sometimes put down a deposit and don't end up attending? And thank you so much for your update.
Most people with a deposit down will likely be attending. However, some may be waiting to hear back from other places where they are on the waitlist. If they get off the waitlist, they will give up their spot and forfeit their first deposit.

I just got in on March 1st, after interviewing in November. Probably going to decline my spot seeing as I've already accepted an offer at my state school and signed a lease down there. Pitt was my number one, but their failure to even let me know I was still even being considered after interviewing in November really affected my decision to go.
To be fair, most schools don't update you that frequently and you should generally assume you're being considered unless informed otherwise by a rejection. Regardless, congratulations on your acceptances!

I just got a waitlist email from the 1/25 interview. They called it an alternate list and it is ranked, just updating to see if anyone got the same

I just got a waitlist email from the 1/25 interview. They called it an alternate list and it is ranked, just updating to see if anyone got the same
I also got the same email. Interviewed Oct. I wonder if everyone who interviewed but did not get accepted was placed on the alternate list or not. I haven't heared anyone who got rejected so far.

I also got that email and interviewed on 1/25

jumping on the waitlist train woooooo

Also got alternate list. Not sure what else I could have done to impress them once I got the interview, heh. I won't be taking a spot, so there goes my only chance of studying in my home state. c'est la vie!

Does anyone know when the second deposit is due for accepted students?

Is anyone doing the dean's summer research project?

Does anyone know when the second deposit is due for accepted students?

It's the 15th of March (tomorrow) for me.

Did anyone receive a confirmation email for sending their second deposit?
I'm still waiting for mine

Did anyone receive a confirmation email for sending their second deposit?
I'm still waiting for mine
Yes. Ms. Adomitis sends you a confirmation email the day she gets your deposit. She was out of the office until today, but she just confirmed that mine arrived this afternoon.

Accepted off the waitlist today!! Wow, after all that constant SDN checking and portal refreshing, I'm finally in. Huge relief :banana:

Reactions: 4 users