***the official unlv class of 2019 interview/acceptance thread***

For those of you who are not on the wait list be the school claims to still be considering you, do you have any hope? I'm asking because I'm in the same boat
I have hope somewhere else, lol

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who are not on the wait list be the school claims to still be considering you, do you have any hope? I'm asking because I'm in the same boat
I called today and she said there's about 200 applicants with "no decision" and at this point we should be considering reapplying

I called today and she said there's about 200 applicants with "no decision" and at this point we should be considering reapplying

Thanks for the heads up, I figured that would be the case. Did she mention if there were any open seats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the heads up, I figured that would be the case. Did she mention if there were any open seats?
She said the class is full right now :( but I feel like there has to be some reason they haven't sent out any rejections unlike other schools so I wouldn't give up all hope until that happens

Classes don't start until the first week of September, so we have another three months when a seat may open up. I'm on the alternate list and still have some hope remaining.

Classes don't start until the first week of September, so we have another three months when a seat may open up. I'm on the alternate list and still have some hope remaining.

Yeah being on the alternate list is a good feeling. It's the no decision list that they should start to make smaller so at least some students like myself know our fate earlier

They actually start on the second week of september! :thumbup:

Yeah being on the alternate list is a good feeling. It's the no decision list that they should start to make smaller so at least some students like myself know our fate earlier

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I would refocus your efforts on reapplying if you still haven't been admitted anywhere. When they offered me a spot on the alternate list, I believe there were 20 spots available. If indeed the class is full at this point, I doubt there will be much movement at all. The possibility of the school getting through all the alternates, and then offering people on the no decision list a spot will be near impossible. I'm trying to be practical. I have one acceptance thus far, and am still waiting on three other schools, but I've all but given up hope on those three

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I would refocus your efforts on reapplying if you still haven't been admitted anywhere. When they offered me a spot on the alternate list, I believe there were 20 spots available. If indeed the class is full at this point, I doubt there will be much movement at all. The possibility of the school getting through all the alternates, and then offering people on the no decision list a spot will be near impossible. I'm trying to be practical. I have one acceptance thus far, and am still waiting on three other schools, but I've all but given up hope on those three

Appreciate the honesty. I've actually been preparing to reapply for the past month haha. Got some new LORs, editing my statement, and other things. I am pretty sure I won't hear from UNLV, but I just don't like how they and many other schools keeps students on their leash for so long before letting us go. I'm on the waitlist for another school but I still will reapply just in case, but imagine getting into that wait listed school after just having reapplied and paying all those AADSAS fees.

Either way, on to the next!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys!

I was recently accepted to my state school & will be declining my acceptance at UNLV! I'm sad to let UNLV go, but will be saving myself quite a bit of money! Hopefully one of you guys gets my seat! There is still hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys!

I was recently accepted to my state school & will be declining my acceptance at UNLV! I'm sad to let UNLV go, but will be saving myself quite a bit of money! Hopefully one of you guys gets my seat! There is still hope!

Hopefully I get some good news soon. UNLV is extremely expensive the first year, but they will grant in-state tuition for years 2-4, leading to some substantial savings. Good luck at your state school!