***the official unlv class of 2019 interview/acceptance thread***

Do you guys know when our orientation is and what our scrub color will be?

I think the scrubs will be gray. The 2020 class will be wearing red

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone what the deal is with the UNLV laptop? Can you purchase theirs and just move things over to your own laptop?

For anyone who interviewed in February, do you remember when they said the admissions committee meets next? I forgot if they said wait until mid March or 3rd week of March before calling them if we don't hear anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who interviewed in February, do you remember when they said the admissions committee meets next? I forgot if they said wait until mid March or 3rd week of March before calling them if we don't hear anything.

I received an email from Dr. Ancajas yesterday. She said the adcom will meet early this coming week, but only a few acceptances will go out and the alternate list will be made. You can call on Wednesday or Thursday and request a status update.

I received an email from Dr. Ancajas yesterday. She said the adcom will meet early this coming week, but only a few acceptances will go out and the alternate list will be made. You can call on Wednesday or Thursday and request a status update.

Thanks

Received an email from Dr. Ancajas who told me that the class is currently full and that they will be meeting this coming week to decide the alternate list

It's best to assume there may be just a couple spots remaining. Call midweek to get your status update.

Received an email from Dr. Ancajas who told me that the class is currently full and that they will be meeting this coming week to decide the alternate list

Did you email her to get a status update and she emailed you back?

Did you email her to get a status update and she emailed you back?
I did on Wednesday and she replied on Friday morning saying just a few spots are still available.

Do you know what are your chances of getting in if you get waitlisted?

I am quite sure it's not true, especially for OSS. There are plenty of people still holding multiple spots and I heard from more than one faculties saying that it is not uncommon they call people even right before the orientation week (which is in Sep) to fill last min spot.

If you are truly interested, make sure you let them know.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure hoping the class isn't full, I'm dying to hear back from UNLV.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard any news from UNLV today? I thought they said they would have updates starting today (March 17th)

That's weird, cause I called at 2:11 and I was told that they have accepted a couple and have 25 people on the waitlist.

Told me the same. Said I wasn't on the wait list even unfortunately

Yep. Called back. Same answer. Huge bummer.
I got the same answer :( They told me the committee will meet again mid April to make more decisions. But if they already have a waitlist, I feel like our chances of getting in now are almost zero

Ahh damn now I'm scared to call. She told me to call on Thursday

UNLV just send out the letter asking for the second deposit ($1000) and would be expecting some movements on the list. Don't give up yet.

If they ask you to call back I'm guessing it most likely means rejection or waitlist

So no one got called today for an acceptance? Is the class full or do I still have hope?

For those who don't want to call, here's what I got on the phone.

8 people were accepted yesterday. A waitlist of 25 was formed. If you aren't on either, they said call back mid-April but clearly odds are incredibly slim now if you're not on the waitlist.

For those who don't want to call, here's what I got on the phone.

8 people were accepted yesterday. A waitlist of 25 was formed. If you aren't on either, they said call back mid-April but clearly odds are incredibly slim now if you're not on the waitlist.

Were those 8 notified already this week?

I'm on the waitlist, but was told there is no ranking for those of us on it.

I'm set on attending MWU-AZ, but UNLV would be about $100k cheaper since they grant in state tuition after the first year.

**Edit** If you are on the waitlist, expect to receive a letter in the mail at the end of the week

Last edited:
If they haven't emailed us saying waitlist or accepted, do we assume we didn't make either? I am scared to call

If they haven't emailed us saying waitlist or accepted, do we assume we didn't make either? I am scared to call

Scared? haha....I am on the waitlist but had to call to find out. Just call, it takes 2 minutes.

I'm set on attending MWU-AZ, but UNLV would be about $100k cheaper since they grant in state tuition after the first year.

**Edit** If you are on the waitlist, expect to receive a letter in the mail at the end of the week
We're in the same boat bro! Well, not exactly since I am going to NYU.

We're in the same boat bro! Well, not exactly since I am going to NYU.

I'm in a pretty good spot. I'm set on MWU, but they don't require a second deposit, so if UNLV does offer me an acceptance in the next couple months, I won't be out as much money. Congrats on NYU

I'm in a pretty good spot. I'm set on MWU, but they don't require a second deposit, so if UNLV does offer me an acceptance in the next couple months, I won't be out as much money. Congrats on NYU
Nice! NYU requires 5K by the end of this month:smack: for those who were accepted recently.

When did you interview for UNLV? What state are you from?

Called this morning and got "no decision has been made, call back April"

Called this morning and got "no decision has been made, call back April"

Same because I was in the 3rd round? Except I interviewed in January so not really sure why decisions for January interviews are being made all the way in April when they met in March but were supposed to meet in February. :shrug:

I'm so tired of all this!

Same because I was in the 3rd round? Except I interviewed in January so not really sure why decisions for January interviews are being made all the way in April when they met in March but were supposed to meet in February. :shrug:

I'm so tired of all this!

Who did you speak to? And they said they haven't reviewed you because you were in the 3rd round?

Who did you speak to? And they said they haven't reviewed you because you were in the 3rd round?
Spoke to whoever answered this number 7027742520 and said I'm getting reviewed in April because something about being in the 3rd round, no decision has been made. Interviewed jan 23.

I got the same answer you guys got:

Recent Activity by AdCom: 8 Acceptances / 25 Applicant waitlist.

No decision has been made, need to call back mid April

Interviewed Jan 23.

I am losing hope here...

I got the same answer you guys got:

Recent Activity by AdCom: 8 Acceptances / 25 Applicant waitlist.

No decision has been made, need to call back mid April

Interviewed Jan 23.

I am losing hope here...

Yeah me too. I have no clue how their process works

Is there an official FB page for the class of 2019? or unofficial for that matter?