****The Official UOP Class of 2015 Acceptance Thread****

I don't mean to be a weenie but it's class of 2015 :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I'm the first to post here. Offer made!!! See you in July!

just checked AADSAS!
"OFFER MADE" woooohoooo!!
Nov. 3rd interview.

can someone make a fb group??

Last edited:
...........Offer Made.

Yeee Haw.......I'm Flyin' high !

Offer made!
Did anyone get a phone call this morning?

Offer made!!

Best day of my liiiiiiiife!

aadsas changed to offer made?...this means im in?

:love::love::love::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:

You just had to let the world know, didn't you. Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Omg you guys!! You didn't wait for the phone call? I thought they call!! I really don't want to look at my aadsas. I'm too nervous and I don't want that excitement to go away!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I know the decision is only a click away but I want to be excited for the phone call. What do I do????!?!?! Whose gonna wait for the phone call?

Confirmed over phone! But I was the one who called LOL! I have a flight (interview tomorrow) at 11am today and had to make sure AADSAS wasn't a mistake so I could cancel my flight and interview. Torri was laughing because I called so early :laugh: and said she was about to call me in 30 minutes if I had not called! hahaha

Offer made! My top choice too! I had a dream I got accepted, and I just checked it this morning, haha.

Last edited:
OMG SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! i'm going to to wait for the phone call. I'm assuming I got in.. I Hope!! AHHHHH I'll wait till 2pm and if I don't get a phone call by then, I'll check aadsas.

CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

SUPER PROUD OF EVERYONE!

Congrats guys, U will love it here but get ready to work hard! seriously enjoy ur time till july

I joined the group! Haven't gotten the phone call yet, but when they do call I am answering regardless of whether I'm in class or not haha. I'm so happy, Pacific is my first choice :D

Tanya just called me:)))

:love::love::love::love:

OMG I am soooooo excited and so happy

Sorry I'm late! "Offer Made" phone call came around 11:30am. See you all in 7 months.

ya boy is taking his talents to UOP! :D

My most exciting phone call of the day! I accidentally woke up my roommate with screams of excitement... oops!

Offer made! What is the Dean's Scholarship? How do people get it?

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far into UOP. I remember that was an exciting day. I'm sorry to put a damper on the excitement and energy of the previous posts, but I would like to voice my opinion as a recent graduate of the program.

While you will receive some of the best clinical experience from wonderful faculty members, there is one serious caveat that I feel I should share with future students. I'm torn because I'm truly grateful for the clinical portion of my education, but I found that the school did not uphold its core value of humanism (a key point on your interview day, I know) in the handling of a very very serious situation that occurred to me while I was a student. I was sexually assaulted BY A CLASSMATE and the school handled it in an extremely unprofessional and destructive manner. I was not allowed to discuss any portion of the incident with anyone at school, not even my closest friends. Ask any psychologist or psychiatrist and this is technically illegal. I became isolated from my friends because of that, and unfortunately I have sustained damage for which I am still seeking counseling. The school refused to move the offender out of student housing, despite a restraining order. The school was uncompliant with a police investigation and they never reported the incident, even though as an educational institution it is their duty. I was forced to live elsewhere in the city with my boyfriend and eventually this incident caused my relationship to fail. Other students were not protected or informed of the incident. The offender was eventually allowed to complete the program on time with minimal sanctions in regards to his whereabouts. This person showed a continual disregard for these sanctions, which I reported regularly, but the school did nothing as punishment. Throughout the entire process they treated me like the one who committed the crime.

There have been other incidents that the school has also covered up and did not support the victims. Their track record is horrendous. There are no official sexual assault policies and classified what the police confirmed as sexual assault as simply "sexual harassment." Please carefully consider your safety as a new student and urge the administration to make policy changes.

Sorry again to kill the vibe, but I urge you to make your choice carefully. You will receive a great dental education but I wish I had made a different choice of schools. UOP will not be receiving any monetary support from me as an alumnus.

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far into UOP. I remember that was an exciting day. I'm sorry to put a damper on the excitement and energy of the previous posts, but I would like to voice my opinion as a recent graduate of the program.

While you will receive some of the best clinical experience from wonderful faculty members, there is one serious caveat that I feel I should share with future students. I'm torn because I'm truly grateful for the clinical portion of my education, but I found that the school did not uphold its core value of humanism (a key point on your interview day, I know) in the handling of a very very serious situation that occurred to me while I was a student. I was sexually assaulted BY A CLASSMATE and the school handled it in an extremely unprofessional and destructive manner. I was not allowed to discuss any portion of the incident with anyone at school, not even my closest friends. Ask any psychologist or psychiatrist and this is technically illegal. I became isolated from my friends because of that, and unfortunately I have sustained damage for which I am still seeking counseling. The school refused to move the offender out of student housing, despite a restraining order. The school was uncompliant with a police investigation and they never reported the incident, even though as an educational institution it is their duty. I was forced to live elsewhere in the city with my boyfriend and eventually this incident caused my relationship to fail. Other students were not protected or informed of the incident. The offender was eventually allowed to complete the program on time with minimal sanctions in regards to his whereabouts. This person showed a continual disregard for these sanctions, which I reported regularly, but the school did nothing as punishment. Throughout the entire process they treated me like the one who committed the crime.

There have been other incidents that the school has also covered up and did not support the victims. Their track record is horrendous. There are no official sexual assault policies and classified what the police confirmed as sexual assault as simply "sexual harassment." Please carefully consider your safety as a new student and urge the administration to make policy changes.

Sorry again to kill the vibe, but I urge you to make your choice carefully. You will receive a great dental education but I wish I had made a different choice of schools. UOP will not be receiving any monetary support from me as an alumnus.
That's terrible, I'm sorry that happened to you. I don't know what else to say.

Sorry to hear this happened to you. I hope your life is for the better now that you have graduated. There's some things I don't understand.

Ask any psychologist or psychiatrist and this is technically illegal.

Why didn't you ask the police instead and take matter into your own hands instead of relying on the school? Would the police not have been more effective than the school? If there was a restraining order and the person is violating it, it's police business first and then its the school's business second. If the police told the school not to allow the student to continue school and the school didn't listen then that's the school's fault. If that didnt happen then it doesnt seem like the school's fault entirely. From what I read it seems like you wanted the school to take more action than the police can. If you are that upset why don't you sue the school and the police department for not following through with the restraining order? Take charge.

If someone told me to keep hush hush about sexual abuse and there's no rules like that, I would have made a big deal and made sure everyone hated in the person. It seems like your blaming is misguided. Just because you couldn't talk about the incident doesn't mean you have to stop being friends with your friends. There are alot more things you can talk about with friends. Same deal with your bf. I think the people in your life are supposed to be there when you need them most. That's what friends and loved ones are for. They probably would have supported you in this matter and gave you good advice if you opened up. I dont know the whole story and maybe the school is wrong but isolating yourself maybe your own doing. I hope you've regained good friends back in your life.

Also, did you create a SDN account just to put this one post on here?

Best wishes. I hope your life as a dentist is of great success.

Does anyone know when uop will be making their next decisions for acceptances?

I got my acceptance today! I'm guessing they'll be making some this week :)))
So exciteddddd

I interviewed January 19th. Just got a phonecall from Pacific saying the class is now full and I'll be placed on the alternate list...so disappointed :(

Just got accepted to Pacific! yeaaaaaaa!!!!

I was accepted on 2/29. Yeaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I will be attending because this is the best dental school.

Congrats...enjoy. Sorry if you have any problems during the transition to the new building during your time there. Transitions are tough but I know you'll have a great education there.

Congrats...enjoy. Sorry if you have any problems during the transition to the new building during your time there. Transitions are tough but I know you'll have a great education there.

One of the reasons I picked UOP was because of the transition to the new building. I personally dislike having to stay in one spot for a long period of time. Also, the new facility is going to be state-of-the-art. :thumbup: Can't wait.

Any news about acceptance or movement on the alternate list from anyone?!!!

I was accepted off the wait list on 4-10. Just recently withdrew from another school. Will def be in SF July 6th!!!

Guyzzz why those of u who got in don't share your DAT scores with us :(