-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UPenn Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by iheartteeth7
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
first OOS interview!!! I'm going the 25th! So pumped 🙂
Me too! See you there!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im dying to interview at Penn. Hopefully they look favourably upon my app soon. Still, seeing the killer stats of you guys that are getting interviews makes me doubt my 3.7 and 22AA...
Im dying to interview at Penn. Hopefully they look favourably upon my app soon. Still, seeing the killer stats of you guys that are getting interviews makes me doubt my 3.7 and 22AA...
same situation man...I think our turn will come soon hopefully.
My first interview!
Interview Date: End of September (I'm going to try to keep some anonymity, although it's not hard to figure out who I am)
Notification date: Tues, 08/05/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MN
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/16/14
Application complete date: AADSAS says 7/14/14
GPA (Science, overall): ~3.65, ~3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23AA/21TS/22PAT/26RC
Don't obsessively check AADSAS to determine whether you got an interview. I don't think anything changed for me. I got an email notification directly from Penn. I was on vacation and just got back so I need to wait until Monday to see whether I got something in the mail.
Interview Date: End of September (I'm going to try to keep some anonymity, although it's not hard to figure out who I am)
Notification date: Tues, 08/05/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MN
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/16/14
Application complete date: AADSAS says 7/14/14
GPA (Science, overall): ~3.65, ~3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23AA/21TS/22PAT/26RC
Don't obsessively check AADSAS to determine whether you got an interview. I don't think anything changed for me. I got an email notification directly from Penn. I was on vacation and just got back so I need to wait until Monday to see whether I got something in the mail.
Last edited:
congrats to those who got interview...Complete all my material on July 20, and hope to get a shot for an interview invitation~
Interview!!
Interview date: TBD
Notification date: 8/21/14
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/14
Application complete date: 7/22/14
GPA(science, overall): 3.68, 3.74
DAT(AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 22/22/22/24/no
Interview date: TBD
Notification date: 8/21/14
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/14
Application complete date: 7/22/14
GPA(science, overall): 3.68, 3.74
DAT(AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 22/22/22/24/no
Let me know how it goes! I am going in September! Good Luck! 🙂first OOS interview!!! I'm going the 25th! So pumped 🙂
When is your interview?School: UPenn
Notification date: 08/05/14
Method of notification: email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/20/14
Application complete date: 06/30/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.94, 3.99
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21AA/21TS/22PAT/24RC/none
Did any of you receive a rejection? I received a email from my school's mail service, saying that I just received a mail from Penn Dental. I cannot check the mail right now because I won't be back on campus until next week. Since all of you received notifications through emails, do you guys think I just receive a rejection from Penn?
It might just be a brochure because I received one before my interview invitation.Did any of you receive a rejection? I received a email from my school's mail service, saying that I just received a mail from Penn Dental. I cannot check the mail right now because I won't be back on campus until next week. Since all of you received notifications through emails, do you guys think I just receive a rejection from Penn?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
October 16th. I wanted to push it off to get some experience from other interviews I have in September.When is your interview?
Interview! 
School: UPenn
Notification date: 08/22/14
Method of notification: email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/25/14
Application complete date: 07/31/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24AA/23TS/21PAT/24RC/none

School: UPenn
Notification date: 08/22/14
Method of notification: email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/25/14
Application complete date: 07/31/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24AA/23TS/21PAT/24RC/none
Interview!
School: UPenn
Notification date: 08/22/14
Method of notification: email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/25/14
Application complete date: 07/31/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24AA/23TS/21PAT/24RC/none
Congrats! What time did you get the email? My app was also complete on 7/31. I hope I will hear something from them soon!
Congrats! What time did you get the email? My app was also complete on 7/31. I hope I will hear something from them soon!
Got it at 330 today, with your stats I'm sure its just a matter of time before your invitation
Interview!
School: UPenn
Notification date: 08/22/14
Method of notification: email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/11/14
Application complete date: 07/29/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.94, 3.91
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27AA/25TS/24PAT/30RC/none
School: UPenn
Notification date: 08/22/14
Method of notification: email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/11/14
Application complete date: 07/29/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.94, 3.91
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27AA/25TS/24PAT/30RC/none
I hope so. Thank you for your kind words!😉Got it at 330 today, with your stats I'm sure its just a matter of time before your invitation
Interview!
School: UPenn
Notification date: 08/22/14
Method of notification: email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/11/14
Application complete date: 07/29/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.94, 3.91
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27AA/25TS/24PAT/30RC/none
Those stats are disgusting...
I faxed mine Friday and received confirmation this morning.For those of you who are interviewing, did you fax or email the confirmation sheet? I faxed it but haven't received any confirmation.
Thanks! I emailed them with the info and they responded right away. Phew!I faxed mine Friday and received confirmation this morning.
Congrats! I guess leave a message to call you back and follow up with an email if you don't get a response. Whenever I called during business hours they always picked up.I got an invite, and I tried calling the number in the email several times but it goes to voice mail. Any ideas?
I got a broschure in the mail about 3 weeks ago about UPenn Dental. Anyone here get an information packet and yet to receive and interview invite?
I got a broschure in the mail about 3 weeks ago about UPenn Dental. Anyone here get an information packet and yet to receive and interview invite?
right here
So my AADSAS just updated from a month ago as application complete to app under review today. Hope that's a good thing... Got my app complete email 8/5.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So my AADSAS just updated from a month ago as application complete to app under review today. Hope that's a good thing... Got my app complete email 8/5.
Same here! Hope to hear some good news soon!
Did anyone receive an interview before having their AADSAS status change to "under review"?
Same here! Hope to hear some good news soon!
Did anyone receive an interview before having their AADSAS status change to "under review"?
Mine still reads app complete and never changed to under review, got an interview invite a week ago
When did you get the "application complete" email?Mine still reads app complete and never changed to under review, got an interview invite a week ago
When did you get the "application complete" email?
7/25
The application complete email says, "Please note that the UPSDM does not use the AADSAS portal to notify applicants regarding status changes."Mine still reads app complete and never changed to under review, got an interview invite a week ago
I faxed mine Friday and received confirmation this morning.
How long did it take for you to receive the interview package? I got my invite via email last Thursday and scheduled it right away but haven't received the confirmation sheet. Wondering if I should wait longer before I call...
how long did it take for the supplements to be received by UPenn? I sent mine out a week ago but they haven't gotten it yet, so I'm a bit worried it may have been lost in the mail along with the check o_o
Has anyone heard anything from Upenn lately?
hey friends, how has it been for those of you that have interviewed so far? General thoughts about the school? I'm heading up this week!
hey friends, how has it been for those of you that have interviewed so far? General thoughts about the school? I'm heading up this week!
I interview this week as well! I'm excited to see Philadelphia. Other than that strange thread that keeps resurfacing about how no one should go to Penn because it's terrible (all I can say is... cool story, bro), I've only heard great things about Interview Day and the overall experience there.
+1Has anyone heard anything from Upenn lately?
I wonder why they would say that about UPenn, which has a great reputation. I'm super curious to read what they say and their reasoning behind it. Can you please post the link to the thread? Thanks!I interview this week as well! I'm excited to see Philadelphia. Other than that strange thread that keeps resurfacing about how no one should go to Penn because it's terrible (all I can say is... cool story, bro), I've only heard great things about Interview Day and the overall experience there.
Can you please post the link to the thread? Thanks!
It's a dying thread, and I'd like it to just die completely. It was a long-winded, superficial, and whiny rant about how students only go there because it's the only Ivy they could get into, and nobody recognizes the name Penn anyway, and it's too expensive, and they have terrible facilities, and their faculty are bad.
^I did not get that impression at all when I interviewed there. I really enjoyed my visit. The entire admissions staff was very friendly and welcoming. There were tons of students who stopped by during the day. They all seemed happy to be at Penn and satisfied with the curriculum (although they admitted at times it was tough). I think if I was admitted, I'd go.
I'm so excited to interview here...first time on the east coast! Anyone interviewing on Halloween and want to split a room let me know 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
Are they done giving out pre-Dec interviews?
+1
For those who are getting interview invites, when was your app complete?
When were you complete?I'm so excited to interview here...first time on the east coast! Anyone interviewing on Halloween and want to split a room let me know 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K
