****The Official USC Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

It's hard to gauge off the facebook group. A lot of the members are actually class of 2015, not 2016.

Members don't see this ad.

I spoke to admissions office people and was told that some of acceptance letters can potentially be sent out at the end of this month or in the beginning of next month, depending on the number of spots available.
I'm assuming a few spots will be available, because the number of withdrawls will be very little. letters will be sent out on a individual basis (they said "in pairs") not a wave anymore.

Very sad but I guess we can only wait and see..:(

I spoke to admissions office people and was told that some of acceptance letters can potentially be sent out at the end of this month or in the beginning of next month, depending on the number of spots available.
I'm assuming a few spots will be available, because the number of withdrawls will be very little. letters will be sent out on a individual basis (they said "in pairs") not a wave anymore.

Very sad but I guess we can only wait and see..:(

Thank you for update. Keep our heads up whenever things change. I know everyone is anxious but never give up hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got phone calls from unknown (no number) since yesterday but I didn't pick up because i thought it was some kind of advertisement, but when I picked up today it was Ryan Pineda saying that I am accepted, came home and checked email, and i got an acceptance email from USC, First deposit due next week :cool:

kind of unexpected, because I totally sucked on interview...

Last edited:
I got phone calls from unknown (no number) since yesterday but I didn't pick up because i thought it was some kind of advertisement, but when I picked up today it was Ryan Pineda saying that I am accepted, came home and checked email, and i got an acceptance email from USC, First deposit due next week :cool:

Congrats! Are u gonna go? I hope he call me tomorrow.. :xf:

congrats! :thumbup:

congrats! :thumbup:

Thanks :) Lets not give up hope, because Ryan called me to say I am accepted, and the next thing he asked me is If I am interested in their program, I said yes but I am sure at this point of time, if they are accepted into another dental schools they like, many people would say no !!
And they only give me a week to make the first deposit,

Last edited:
Thanks :) Lets not give up hope, because Ryan called me to say I am accepted, and the next thing he asked me is If I am interested in their program, I said yes but I am sure at this point of time, if they are accepted into another dental schools they like, many people would say no !!
And they only give me a week to make the first deposit,
Congratulations! when did you interview? and are you from California?

Omg...I got a call from an unknown number on Wednesday right before class started around 10am. But I am assuming since they did not call back and had no email in my inbox, it probably was advertisement for me =/

Omg...I got a call from an unknown number on Wednesday right before class started around 10am. But I am assuming since they did not call back and had no email in my inbox, it probably was advertisement for me =/

hm, I would still email the admissions office to check the status of your application
but for me, Ryan called me around 8pm EST on wed and thur.

Members don't see this ad :)
hm, I would still email the admissions office to check the status of your application
but for me, Ryan called me around 8pm EST on wed and thur.

I just called them today, and the admissions people said that they would have left a message or followed up with an email. Oh yeah, and the guy said that they are approximately 75% full as of last week and they should be sending out a "batch of acceptances" some time next week!

I just called them today, and the admissions people said that they would have left a message or followed up with an email. Oh yeah, and the guy said that they are approximately 75% full as of last week and they should be sending out a "batch of acceptances" some time next week!
some confusion here.. some people in forum are saying they talked to admission office and will be NO more batch .. and you are saying that there will be a batch next week... hmmmm

some confusion here.. some people in forum are saying they talked to admission office and will be NO more batch .. and you are saying that there will be a batch next week... hmmmm

im pretty sure that, at this point, the admissions committee will contact individuals on the waitlist only if there are any openings made due to people who are accepted giving up their spots.

im pretty sure that, at this point, the admissions committee will contact individuals on the waitlist only if there are any openings made due to people who are accepted giving up their spots.

I think it's kind of both. A batch of acceptance does not necessarily mean the rest of 25% spots were given out to interviewees at once. Since he calls every single one, he would not be able to call ~30 people on the same date. I would rather wait by next week and see if they call more people. I just called them and said same thing about I still have possibility to get in and seats were 75% filled up. I guess that 75% means that all the deposits they have received. I never give up hope though.

P.S. I am so scared to call them because their tone is like "I don't want you to call me again."

Last edited:
I've been reading other USC- related threads. I noticed that some people who got their acceptance had their status changed from "waitlisted/ alternate" to just "alternate" about a month before they got their acceptance notification.

Do you guys think that this is an indication of either moving up on rankings or possibly becoming the next person/ batch to receive acceptance?

Maybe it doesn't mean anything, but your thoughts?

I've been reading other USC- related threads. I noticed that some people who got their acceptance had their status changed from "waitlisted/ alternate" to just "alternate" about a month before they got their acceptance notification.

Do you guys think that this is an indication of either moving up on rankings or possibly becoming the next person/ batch to receive acceptance?

Maybe it doesn't mean anything, but your thoughts?

Mine was Alternate / Waitlist since my interview.. anyone else can see just Alternate ?

Last edited:
I think it's kind of both. A batch of acceptance does not necessarily mean the rest of 25% spots were given out to interviewees at once. Since he calls every single one, he would not be able to call ~30 people on the same date. I would rather wait by next week and see if they call more people. I just called them and said same thing about I still have possibility to get in and seats were 75% filled up. I guess that 75% means that all the deposits they have received. I never give up hope though.

P.S. I am so scared to call them because their tone is like "I don't want you to call me again."

Can you tell us what is your status? is it Alternate/Waitlist ? or just Waitlist? or just Alternate?

Last edited:
Can you tell us what is your status? is it Alternate/Waitlist ? or just Waitlist? or just Alternate?

Accepted few days ago, but my status is still Alternate/Wait Listed since the interview (AADSAS says offer made though)

so I don't think that really matters

Last edited:
Accepted few days ago, but my status is still Alternate/Wait Listed since the interview (AADSAS says offer made though)

so I don't think that really matters

Did you get a phone call and email?

Did you get a phone call and email?

Phone call made around 8 EST on Wednesday,
Email was received on Thursday at Noon EST (following day)
and another phone call around 8 EST on Thursday to see if I checked my email and to ask if I am interested in their program !!

Phone call made around 8 EST on Wednesday,
Email was received on Thursday at Noon EST (following day)
and another phone call around 8 EST on Thursday to see if I checked my email and to ask if I am interested in their program !!
When was your interview?

When is your last day of registration/deposit?

I have to make the first deposit of 1000 dollar by May 3rd, I already paid.
Another 500 due on May 15th,
And Final deposit of 1500 on sometime in June

I just checked my AADSAS status... and it says Wait Listed.
It used to be Alternate/Waitlisted.....
Is this a bad sign? -_-
Anyone here interview in March and see the same thing?

Is this a bad sign? -_-
I have the same thing.. interviewed in March...
Anyone got accepted who had interview in march?

I interviewed in March and my portal status is still Alternate/Wait Listed. I really wonder what these changes mean...

EDIT: oh, you guys meant aadsas, my bad.

Is this a bad sign? -_-

My interview was in March. I have always had the "Wait Listed" status on AADSAS since my interview. My USC portal has been the same too "Alternate/Wait Listed".

Anyone from the March batch of interviews hear back from Ryan yet?

Anyone from the March batch of interviews hear back from Ryan yet?
What is your status in USC website and AADSAS? As far as I can see in forum no one from march interview heard anything yet...

I have the same thing.. interviewed in March...
Anyone got accepted who had interview in march?

I interviewed in the last group and my AADSAS has said "Waitlisted" the entire time. I spoke with one of the admissions counselors yesterday and they told me that the class was "nearly full" but if/when they have students drop out of their seats they will fill them on a "need to need basis"....

What is your status in USC website and AADSAS? As far as I can see in forum no one from march interview heard anything yet...

Lets hope that's true! I got the cell number of another applicant who interviewed with me and he hasn't heard anything either.

The second deposit is due in May 15. Best luck for all of you guys!! :xf:

Any good news? I still have hope! or maybe I should give up:(

nothing yet... Does anyone call admssions office recently ?

Any good news? I still have hope! or maybe I should give up:(

Don't give up just yet,

I got an email from another dental school which I forgot to withdraw,
I had multiple dental school deposits, and email said per AADSAS’s Traffic Rules Policy,
I have until May 23rd to decide which school to go to, and withdraw my application from other schools. I chose USC, but some might not.

So, don't give up yet, :luck:

Don't give up just yet,

I got an email from another dental school which I forgot to withdraw,
I had multiple dental school deposits, and email said per AADSAS’s Traffic Rules Policy,
I have until May 23rd to decide which school to go to, and withdraw my application from other schools. I chose USC, but some might not.

So, don't give up yet, :luck:

MY BOYFRIEND REALLY WANTS to go to usc.... do u think he still has a chance? he is on the waiting list.......

im moving from texas and need some advice on where to live to be near USC but i need a really safe place because im gona live alone :/ i hear downtown is good area and its only 10 min away... i just need some advice! ahhhh im stressed!

Spoke to Ryan a couple days ago, and there is no status update at this point. All of available seats are taken, and people have paid their deposits already. (Someone mentioned that the second deposit was due about a week ago.)

Can't hardly imagine spots opening up from now on. I guess it really is time to prepare for another cycle. :(

Spoke to Ryan a couple days ago, and there is no status update at this point. All of available seats are taken, and people have paid their deposits already. (Someone mentioned that the second deposit was due about a week ago.)

Can't hardly imagine spots opening up from now on. I guess it really is time to prepare for another cycle. :(

darn that sux! :/

There still might be a small chance to be accepted. The final and last deposit needs to be paid by June 29th for a total of $3,000.