****The Official USC Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Check my Pre-Dents. my stats aren't that good but I think my Interview is what got me an acceptance. I think I did pretty well! Plus I wrote a letter of intent 2 weeks ago.
When was your interview date?

Members don't see this ad.

Did they sent acceptance email too? or just called you ?

Anyone got acceptance letter or call who had interview March ?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I didn't get a phone call yet...I think I'm out of luck for this last acceptance wave. Guess I gotta start preparing for next cycle. :/

Wow.. Did NOT get a call I long for. So sad day...

I spoke to ryan a few days ago and he said the next wave of acceptances should come out mid to late april. Maybe that's for the March interviewers? There's still hope possibly.

When did everyone who got a phone call interview?

I spoke to ryan a few days ago and he said the next wave of acceptances should come out mid to late april. Maybe that's for the March interviewers? There's still hope possibly.

When did everyone who got a phone call interview?

From above, it seemed like there weren't any March interviews who were accepted. One pre-december and one Feb 7th, if I stated correctly.

OK that makes me feel little bit better cause I interviewed on March...
It ruined my day.

Last edited:
False, I have a friend at my uni that got accepted, we both interviewed in March.

False, I have a friend at my uni that got accepted, we both interviewed in March.
OK. That's not good.. But hope some spots left for me then...
Really want to go USC!:xf:

so i guess that's it? besides the couple spots that may open up for people who choose not to go to usc, im guessing all spots are filled ? :( my weekend, month, and year is ruined

Members don't see this ad :)
so i guess that's it? besides the couple spots that may open up for people who choose not to go to usc, im guessing all spots are filled ? :( my weekend, month, and year is ruined

I'm sure that's the last batch, and now it's on an individual basis =/
+1 " my weekend, month, and year is ruined"

Dont give up hope!!! I dont think that was the last batch and so far only one person got in who interview in march... I still think there should be another batch for people who interviewed in march! :)

Do you guys have a back-up plan? I will prob go to Midwesetern for Master's program while reapply next cycle. Don't complain since next cycle will be my third one. :(

Dont give up hope!!! I dont think that was the last batch and so far only one person got in who interview in march... I still think there should be another batch for people who interviewed in march! :)

Hey everyone,

I agree with dental dreamer!! Don't give up hope!!! When I spoke to Ryan he said that he will send me a formal email of acceptance on Monday so I suppose that most people will get their acceptances on monday!!! I really hope that's what will happen! Just keep praying!!! Trust me God hears!!! :)

I called Ryan a week ago also and he informed me that we should hear back around mid- April but apparently the answer came earlier! I already applied for the UCSF Post-Bac Program so I guess I'll have to cancel that :))))

I sure hope so, although I doubt it will be a minimum of 36 students in the next batch, since this last batch should fill up the class.

Hey everyone,

I agree with dental dreamer!! Don't give up hope!!! When I spoke to Ryan he said that he will send me a formal email of acceptance on Monday so I suppose that most people will get their acceptances on monday!!! I really hope that's what will happen! Just keep praying!!! Trust me God hears!!! :)

I called Ryan a week ago also and he informed me that we should hear back around mid- April but apparently the answer came earlier! I already applied for the UCSF Post-Bac Program so I guess I'll have to cancel that :))))

Why would they call some people, but not others that were accepted?

Why would they call some people, but not others that were accepted?

Honestly, I don't know. I just know that some applicants will be informed via email and some via phone call. I don't know how it works. All i know is that Ryan said that he will send an acceptance email to me on Monday so Im thinking that maybe the email acceptances will be sent out Monday! I'm just trying to give people hope!

My advice to all that want to get it is to write a letter of intent. Be sincere. I did and I got good results from it. Good luck everyone. :xf:

My advice to all that want to get it is to write a letter of intent. Be sincere. I did and I got good results from it. Good luck everyone. :xf:

:thumbup::thumbup:

The game isnt over yet. Try to do everything possible to win the game.

For people who got in, congratz.

For people who are still waiting, Good luck! Don't give up yet.

so I just called the dental admissions office to find out if the last batch has been sent out.. and they said that it hasn't and we should expect it sometime this week....
then i asked "ive heard that people received acceptances over the phone last week?" and they replied with "those were courtesy phone calls".

what is going on...Could someone clarify?

Last edited:
Uh wtheck... so I just called the dental admissions office to find out if the last batch has been sent out.. and they said that it hasn't and we should expect it sometime this week....
then i asked "ive heard that people received acceptances over the phone last week?" and they replied with "those were courtesy phone calls".

what is going on...
Could someone clarify what's going on? Is this just false hope? Do we have trolls on the dental forum? -_-

courtesy phone calls???? that is confusing... Did they tell you if they will call or send email or a mail ?

I don't think that the people answering the phone are up yo date with the admission status....my friend told me he got an email 11:30am-ish today. He got a phone call on Friday too..
But I hope I'm wrong because I'm still hoping to get in :/

WAIT WAIT WAIT... This waiting is killing me....

I talked w Ryan just couple of mins ago and he said that they have already sent out the acceptance emails for april earlier today. I dont think i have a chance anymore for this year...:(

I talked w Ryan just couple of mins ago and he said that they have already sent out the acceptance emails for april earlier today. I dont think i have a chance anymore for this year...:(
So was that the last wave of acceptance? Did you ask if there is any sit left? or it was to fill all available spots...?

Last edited:
so I just called the dental admissions office to find out if the last batch has been sent out.. and they said that it hasn't and we should expect it sometime this week....

what is going on...Could someone clarify?

Wait wait wait..you guys are getting contradicting answers. They said sometime this week, but they sent them out today? Confused. :confused:

From previous years, I thought they send out another batch later in April.

well.. i talked with admissions front desk... it's very possible that they were not up to date....

Ryan should have a better idea as he is on the actual committee for admissions. So.... if Ryan said specifically that that was all the acceptances handed for april... I believe that the cycle might have come to an end. :(

Guys. Think positive!

It's April. Many people who just got accepted prob. have their final deposits at some dental schools. Some might even have their apartments lease all singed up. So there would be a good chance that they might decline their acceptances, so don't give up!

Good luck!

Do they send out more acceptances later or its over? Does anyone talk Ryan about this?

so assume IV's are over ? I still show that im under review on portal

Agree. No more interview... and most probably they will only accept few more people if anyone in current acceptence list does not attentd.. so the chance is close to ZERO... it is so SAD but it is true...

Has anybody talked to Ryan recently to see whether the previous one was the last batch of acceptances? Maybe they only gave a few acceptances earlier and will give more acceptances out later?

Has anybody talked to Ryan recently to see whether the previous one was the last batch of acceptances? Maybe they only gave a few acceptances earlier and will give more acceptances out later?
I did talk to the admission office. It was the last batch. From now if one of the last batch studnets did not register will roll into next highest ranking person... so it might be few openings and depends to the last batch if they all register or not... so the chance is not high...

Best of luck at USC everyone! I was accepted in December and have decided to go to Nebraska instead :)... But to those of you, who I know were worried about admission, keep your head up!! Take care.

Best of luck at USC everyone! I was accepted in December and have decided to go to Nebraska instead :)... But to those of you, who I know were worried about admission, keep your head up!! Take care.

Thank you so much for the update!

So I've been doing a lot of searching on when USC has been sending out acceptances, here are the dates:

April 27, 2010
April 25, 2011

Chances are that those of us that are still waiting may hear back sometime this week! Possibly April 23, 2012?!?

DISCLAIMER: Please remember that this is all speculation and it seems to be the trend from the past two years.

Also, looking at the Facebook page there are 118 people in the group. Assuming that everyone who was accepted joined, there are 26 seats left. :xf:

So I've been doing a lot of searching on when USC has been sending out acceptances, here are the dates:

April 27, 2010
April 25, 2011

Chances are that those of us that are still waiting may hear back sometime this week! Possibly April 23, 2012?!?

DISCLAIMER: Please remember that this is all speculation and it seems to be the trend from the past two years.

Also, looking at the Facebook page there are 118 people in the group. Assuming that everyone who was accepted joined, there are 26 seats left. :xf:

Hopefully we will hear something this week... but I do not think everybody joined Facebook page.. thus there is a big chance that the available seats are less than 26...

Has anyone else given up their spots? The last day to give a deposit for the last batch is this upcoming Friday from what I have heard from admissions.

Has anyone else given up their spots? The last day to give a deposit for the last batch is this upcoming Friday from what I have heard from admissions.
Then we might hear about new batch next Monday.. depending on how many seats available