***The Official USC Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 100% sure Saundra said 50 students on Dec 1 in he presentation to us.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I'm 100% sure Saundra said 50 students on Dec 1 in he presentation to us.

It probably said differently on the power points. Idk three of us remember December 1-4. Doesn't really matter. We all just have to wait

It doesn't look like there was much activity in terms of acceptance after December 1st from last year's thread except for one person's friend who got accepted 12/2. I guess I'll be aiming for February. Congrats to those who have been accepted! Hope to join you guys in the fall :D

Members don't see this ad :)
My bad it was march may and July lol..but I remember dec 1-4 part. Cuz I remembered thinking: why dec 1-4 and not all on dec 1?! But my notes I left at home so I can't double check and I'm on a road trip until Sunday. Sorry if I get anyone's hopes up...but I guess we'll find out today.

Also we had someone else give the PowerPoint presentation on Nov 22 interviews bc Saundra was on vacay lol, idk if it makes a difference in the presentation slides.

Correct, I interviewed same day as you and I recall Saul (I think) saying first few days in Dec for 50 spots.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, so I got a little antsy and called the admissions office to ask and clarify. I spoke with someone named Chris who very nicely told me that he wasn't sure how many acceptances were sent out yesterday. He said he didn't know if all 50ish were distributed at once or if it will continue over the next few days. So ultimately, the amount of help my call has provided is zero. You are very welcome. haha *dying inside* haha

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys, so I got a little antsy and called the admissions office to ask and clarify. I spoke with someone named Chris who very nicely told me that he wasn't sure how many acceptances were sent out yesterday. He said he didn't know if all 50ish were distributed at once or if it will continue over the next few days. So ultimately, the amount of help my call has provided is zero. You are very welcome. haha *dying inside* haha
thanks for the info. Hopefully we hear good news soon

Reactions: 1 users
Do they give out invites on weekends?:eyebrow:

Is February 1st the next wave or March? They didn't say anything about February in the interview..

February. It was in the ppt presentation. Hopefully we all hear good news :)

Is February 1st the next wave or March? They didn't say anything about February in the interview..
My friend got accepted to USC on feb 1 last year,but I'm not sure they might of changed it

Congrats on all the acceptances! I have yet to hear back from USC (my top choice) for an interview, anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Will USC offer January interviews???

Anyone call to get any information on interviews/future acceptances?

Anyone call to get any information on interviews/future acceptances?

Not sure about interviews, but we know that the next wave of acceptances will happen the first couple days of February.

Not sure about interviews, but we know that the next wave of acceptances will happen the first couple days of February.

I called them and they said every month the send acceptances lol

Hello! For those of you who have interviewed, do you remember exactly what the system was for how they ranked the waitlisted? I remember something about 4 sections and that we can call and find out which section we are in? Or is that wrong?

Hello! For those of you who have interviewed, do you remember exactly what the system was for how they ranked the waitlisted? I remember something about 4 sections and that we can call and find out which section we are in? Or is that wrong?
I think the 4 sections you're talking about are the 4 sections they use to evaluate you: GPA, DAT, PBL session performance, and Writing. From there I believe they give you a score and add them together to rank you. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Do any of you know if we can/should call the schools to give them an academic update before the official transcript is sent? Since the holiday break came right after final grades were put up, there will be some delay (probably another month) before the schools actually get the grades, and I'm afraid this will decrease my chances of getting an interview.

Any advice is appreciated!

Do any of you know if we can/should call the schools to give them an academic update before the official transcript is sent? Since the holiday break came right after final grades were put up, there will be some delay (probably another month) before the schools actually get the grades, and I'm afraid this will decrease my chances of getting an interview.

Any advice is appreciated!
Since this is the case every year I'm sure they are aware of it... I don't think that calling would be a bad idea, however they might want to wait for the official scores to be calculated... I know with some schools, calling did help move my application forward due to different reasons...

Turning down my acceptance for ucla. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if the next wave of acceptances will include spots that were dropped or just the 36 they told us about?

I received the status update email as well :( I'm not sure what this means

I did. Have no idea what it means though. I have received this "status update" email in the past cycles as well.

Which email??

I didn't receive anything. It's probably better you received something

I received the email too! I wonder when the next round of interviews will be

Does anyone know if the next wave of acceptances will include spots that were dropped or just the 36 they told us about?

During the interview they said the next wave, in February, would be 36 applicants plus whoever declined from the previous acceptance wave.

Interview #3

School: USC
Notification date: 1/13
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS e-submitted: 7/29
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/12
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.72 oGPA: 3.69
DAT: 21 AA/ 20 TS/ 21 PAT/ 22 RC/ 22 GC. Only 1 score below 20 (score of 19).

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the interview email! :)

Interview # 7

Method of notification: Email
Residency: WA
AADSAS e-submitted: 6/07
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.1, oGPA: 3.4
DAT: 23AA/24 TS/ 22 PAT/ 20 RC/ 25 Bio/ 23 GC/ 23 OC

Interview #3

Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS e-submitted: 7/29
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/12
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.72 oGPA: 3.69
DAT: 21 AA/ 20 TS/ 21 PAT/ 22 RC/ 22 GC. Only 1 score below 20 (score of 19).
What dates were offered?

Status
Not open for further replies.