***The Official USC Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an interview invite here this past Friday (2/3) at around 5:15pm!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I just received an interview invite on 2/3 and the email said 'each session is limited to 20 to 30 participants.' For those who interviewed already, was your interview group this large? My interview dates are 2/14, 15, 21, and 22 btw. Thanks!
I interviewed end of November and I feel like my interview had closer to 25 participants! I wouldn't worry.

Hi everyone, I just received an interview invite on 2/3 and the email said 'each session is limited to 20 to 30 participants.' For those who interviewed already, was your interview group this large? My interview dates are 2/14, 15, 21, and 22 btw. Thanks!
yes~

Members don't see this ad :)

I interviewed early November and we had exactly 30. 3 PBL groups of 10.

I was looking at the ADEA guide (which provides info for the 2013 entering class) and it states that that 114 out of state applicants were interviewed and 55 were accepted. I'm wondering if this ratio would still hold true and does this school have a good interview and acceptance ratio if anyone knows

The numbers will be a little different this year. During the interview Sandy mentioned they will be interviewing higher numbers than normal and said 650-700 applicants would interview. She didn't say how many of those were in state vs out of state. That is quite a bit more than the 430 interviews stated in the ADEA guide. Out of all the schools I interviewed at, this school has the worst interview/ acceptance ratio.

Does anyone know how late into the cycle USC sends out interview invites?

I interviewed on 10/12 and I had 18 people total.

Accepted or enrolled? I would imagine it'd be a lot more than that sinc USC puts every interviewee on the waitlist and that moves a lot as the cycle comes to an end.

It said 114 interviewed and 55 enrolled, this is only for out of state

It said 114 interviewed and 55 enrolled, this is only for out of state

Remember those are only estimates, not actual numbers. And we were told the numbers would be different this year. Either way, it's a guessing game for everyone. No one can tell you the out of state vs interview acceptance ratio until all the finalized stats are released in a year from now. I hope you hear good news soon! Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone here interviewing tomorrow? anyone staying at rodeway inn?

Hi if you don't mind me asking what are your stats/are you OOS?

Hi if you don't mind me asking what are your stats/are you OOS?
I'm OOS uGPA 3.3 gGPA 3.4 DAT 22AA 23 TS 19 PAT. I withdrew my application here today, so I hope someone else gets a chance here! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Got acceptance email @ 5:01 PCT

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the acceptance email at 5:01 PM!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
nov

Also accepted at 5:01! Interviewed Nov 9.

Thank you :) I actually just interviewed last week haha. I guess they really liked me!
Oh boy that makes me insanely jealous! But how awesome!! Do you think you'll accept? If you don't mind me asking

Oh boy that makes me insanely jealous! But how awesome!! Do you think you'll accept? If you don't mind me asking
I got lucky haha. Yes they are my top choice. I am sending in the deposit.

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone who interviewed on November 22 accepted?

Accepted 2/6
Interviewed Nov 2

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on your acceptances everyone !!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if USC ranks their waitlist and if so, how they rank it?

Anyone know if USC ranks their waitlist and if so, how they rank it?

Yes, they rank their waitlist. No one knows the exact formula, but I've been told it's a point system based on GPA, DAT scores, shadowing, extra curriculares and then interview. So it's based on a lot of things :)

Yes, they rank their waitlist. No one knows the exact formula, but I've been told it's a point system based on GPA, DAT scores, shadowing, extra curriculares and then interview. So it's based on a lot of things :)
I agree, this is true!

Nice! Im so happy for you. Im hoping to hear back from them soon.

Again, Congratulations. Im so happy for you!
I am sure you will :) If I got in then really anyone can haha. I will be praying for all of you!

By any chance, did you guys reach out and ask for an update on your application? (Those who got accepted yesterday)

i was interviewed last year and placed on a waiting list but no word yet this year. Do you guys think theyll call for an interview?

i was interviewed last year and placed on a waiting list but no word yet this year. Do you guys think theyll call for an interview?

I'm confused by your post. Are you a re-applicant hoping for an interview again for this cycle?

Just called them and they said they'll be giving out more acceptances in the middle of February and will continue to do so up until March. From the way she was talking, it seemed like they do have a ranked waitlist in place, but do not let applicants applicants know their position on it.

yes but they said wait.

do you think they are still giving out interviews for february?

Yep yep!

I quoted another post from the previous page of this thread. I think there's definitely still a chance you could be invited to interview. In the meantime, maybe try sending in an extra LOR or letter of interest?

Yep yep!

I quoted another post from the previous page of this thread. I think there's definitely still a chance you could be invited to interview. In the meantime, maybe try sending in an extra LOR or letter of interest?
ill do it right now! Thanks!!

yes but they said wait.

do you think they are still giving out interviews for february?
They may not be for february but don't worry they interview I believe until April. And they accept until June and sometimes the week before school. There is still time.

For those that have already interviewed, did you all hand write the questions to the supplemental ("application profile")?

For those that have already interviewed, did you all hand write the questions to the supplemental ("application profile")?

I typed it so it would look nicer. Use the typewriter function or the textbox to add text to the PDF.

I typed it so it would look nicer. Use the typewriter function or the textbox to add text to the PDF.
Awesome, I'll do the same. Does anyone have any advice for the interview? From what I can glean from past threads it seems that its only a group interview and no one on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.