You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UT Houston Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by Typical Average Student
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone heard when Houston starts reviewing applicants?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are the interview invites send with the supplemental as well? Looks like there's no one on SDN who's applied to Houston this year... Lol... Cause there's no feedback in the thread... Lol 😛
I haven't heard anything from UT Houston, some people have interview invites from Baylor but UTH didn't have much feedback from last years thread either so... lol. We should be expecting something within this week or next week...
AFAIK there's no secondary for UT Houston or UT San Antonio. Only Baylor and everyone who applies fills it out at application time.Are the interview invites send with the supplemental as well? Looks like there's no one on SDN who's applied to Houston this year... Lol... Cause there's no feedback in the thread... Lol 😛
I see... Thanks for that info... I guess one only hears from them when they invite one for an interview... Will see... 😉AFAIK there's no secondary for UT Houston or UT San Antonio. Only Baylor and everyone who applies fills it out at application time.
Based off the main Official Interview Acceptance thread, a few people have been invited for interviews yesterday.
Can you share the link of that thread? Do you know if they are IS or OOS? 🙂Based off the main Official Interview Acceptance thread, a few people have been invited for interviews yesterday.
Can you share the link of that thread? Do you know if they are IS or OOS? 🙂
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ew-acceptance-rejection-thread.1145480/page-8
Post #377 + #378 both seem to be instate.
Thanks!!!http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ew-acceptance-rejection-thread.1145480/page-8
Post #377 + #378 both seem to be instate.
Super excited!
School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 8/12/15
Interview date: 9/1/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/16/15
Application received date/s: 6/16/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.72, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/27/no
School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 8/12/15
Interview date: 9/1/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/16/15
Application received date/s: 6/16/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.72, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/27/no
Nope, at least not in the last couple of years. I was there I. April and that's what an admissions person told me. She said they can't say they don't take oos applicant, but the last 5 years all those that have matriculated have been 100% tx residents.They don't take OOS students, do they?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope, at least not in the last couple of years. I was there I. April and that's what an admissions person told me. She said they can't say they don't take oos applicant, but the last 5 years all those that have matriculated have been 100% tx residents.
I wonder why can't they just say they don't take OOS students. Perhaps they're deceiving students on purpose to have more applicants..
S
schmoob
How would that benefit the school in any way?
Like 2 weeks agoJust wondering what do you guys think is the very latest an application should be sent in for UT health?
School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 8/21/15
Interview date: 9/8/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application received dates: 7/20/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.79, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/18/18/30/no
Notification date: 8/21/15
Interview date: 9/8/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application received dates: 7/20/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.79, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/18/18/30/no
Last edited:
Has anyone heard when Houston starts reviewing applicants?
I am a first year at UTSD, and they started interviews two weeks ago. Interviews are every Tuesday.
They don't take OOS students, do they?
There are 2 or 3 OOS in our 2019 class
GOOD LUCK!
I am a first year at UTSD, and they started interviews two weeks ago. Interviews are every Tuesday.
There are 2 or 3 OOS in our 2019 classThere is definitely hope!
GOOD LUCK!
Thanks for the feedback! 😀
Do any OOS people show UT Houston on the AADSAS portal under School Decisions? Just wondering how long this school should take to show up. Same thing for UT San Antonio.
It's never appeared on my portal AT ALL... Booo...Do any OOS people show UT Houston on the AADSAS portal under School Decisions? Just wondering how long this school should take to show up. Same thing for UT San Antonio.
I guess I'm not only OOS who applied.. LolDo any OOS people show UT Houston on the AADSAS portal under School Decisions? Just wondering how long this school should take to show up. Same thing for UT San Antonio.
I heard a rumor that UT is no longer processing in-state applications because they had enough. Is that true?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard a rumor that UT is no longer processing in-state applications because they had enough. Is that true?
Say what? Where'd that rumor come from? They interview all the way until the end of January I thought.
I believe it came from ASDA of UH.
I believe it came from ASDA of UH.
Yikes that sounds unlikely since the application is just now closing. Well hopefully everyone gets a fair chance.
Highly doubtful. We were there for interviews yesterday and they explicitly stated they would be reviewing and inviting students through February with the last-last-chance of an acceptance being May 1, 2016. Obviously interviews stop way before then, but you get the idea.
And actually did say they wanted to be fair to all applicants as @catoshiro said.
And actually did say they wanted to be fair to all applicants as @catoshiro said.
Thank you very much for your replies. I actually kind of worrying about that because my application processed on 08/03. I just began to see the batch getting interviews.
I just got an invite for an interview today.
Last edited:
Accepted today at 7:30a!
Hey guys! I wish you all the best! 
School: UTHSC Houston
Acceptance date: 12/01/15 @ 7:30 am
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
Application received date: 7/16/15
Application completed: 8/19/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.97, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/21/no
Now I need to make a decision between San Antonio and Houston 🙁 Any suggestions?

School: UTHSC Houston
Acceptance date: 12/01/15 @ 7:30 am
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
Application received date: 7/16/15
Application completed: 8/19/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.97, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/21/no
Now I need to make a decision between San Antonio and Houston 🙁 Any suggestions?
@Aristocrates Where are you from?
A little town on the southern tip of Texas called Brownsville. How about you?
I'm desperate for a Houston, so I suggest you choose SA.Hey guys! I wish you all the best!
School: UTHSC Houston
Acceptance date: 12/01/15 @ 7:30 am
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
Application received date: 7/16/15
Application completed: 8/19/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.97, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/21/no
Now I need to make a decision between San Antonio and Houston 🙁 Any suggestions?
But I mean, your choice.
I'm from Houston, actually. Is Brownsville in the valley?
I think hope should go on January now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean they probably done for Dec 1st, so the next round is in January. Can't be lazy for the final now 🙁.
Don't be sad, let continue what we are doing ( final 😕). Houston only sent 40-50 acceptances. By looking at SDN, it likes 50 accept 50 deny.
Yes, it's next to South Padre Island and Mexico. "On the border, by the sea"I'm from Houston, actually. Is Brownsville in the valley?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K