***The Official UT Houston Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Typical Average Student

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck future dentists, hope to be your future classmate!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard when Houston starts reviewing applicants?

Last year they were sending out interview invites this last week. It looks like that will be at least 1 week behind last years. Maybe this week they will start sending out some invites.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are the interview invites send with the supplemental as well? Looks like there's no one on SDN who's applied to Houston this year... Lol... Cause there's no feedback in the thread... Lol :p

I haven't heard anything from UT Houston, some people have interview invites from Baylor but UTH didn't have much feedback from last years thread either so... lol. We should be expecting something within this week or next week...

Are the interview invites send with the supplemental as well? Looks like there's no one on SDN who's applied to Houston this year... Lol... Cause there's no feedback in the thread... Lol :p
AFAIK there's no secondary for UT Houston or UT San Antonio. Only Baylor and everyone who applies fills it out at application time.

AFAIK there's no secondary for UT Houston or UT San Antonio. Only Baylor and everyone who applies fills it out at application time.
I see... Thanks for that info... I guess one only hears from them when they invite one for an interview... Will see... ;)

Based off the main Official Interview Acceptance thread, a few people have been invited for interviews yesterday.

Crazy stats. Meanwhile I just got the confirmation email that they received my app today.. Still waiting on tmdsas to process my DAT though:/

Super excited!
School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 8/12/15
Interview date: 9/1/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/16/15
Application received date/s: 6/16/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.72, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/27/no

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They don't take OOS students, do they?

They don't take OOS students, do they?
Nope, at least not in the last couple of years. I was there I. April and that's what an admissions person told me. She said they can't say they don't take oos applicant, but the last 5 years all those that have matriculated have been 100% tx residents.

Nope, at least not in the last couple of years. I was there I. April and that's what an admissions person told me. She said they can't say they don't take oos applicant, but the last 5 years all those that have matriculated have been 100% tx residents.

I wonder why can't they just say they don't take OOS students. Perhaps they're deceiving students on purpose to have more applicants..

Just wondering what do you guys think is the very latest an application should be sent in for UT health?

Wow can't believe it's almost the end of August. Good luck everyone!

School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 8/21/15
Interview date: 9/8/15
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application received dates: 7/20/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.79, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/18/18/30/no

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Do any OOS people show UT Houston on the AADSAS portal under School Decisions? Just wondering how long this school should take to show up. Same thing for UT San Antonio.

Do any OOS people show UT Houston on the AADSAS portal under School Decisions? Just wondering how long this school should take to show up. Same thing for UT San Antonio.
It's never appeared on my portal AT ALL... Booo...

I guess I'm not only OOS who applied.. Lol

And same, they never appeared on my portal

Taking an educated guess, but I believe you may not see it, since the application portal is completely via TMDSAS. Seems as if once you start with that, AADSAS just lets go of anything TX related.

I heard a rumor that UT is no longer processing in-state applications because they had enough. Is that true?

I heard a rumor that UT is no longer processing in-state applications because they had enough. Is that true?

Say what? Where'd that rumor come from? They interview all the way until the end of January I thought.

Highly doubtful. We were there for interviews yesterday and they explicitly stated they would be reviewing and inviting students through February with the last-last-chance of an acceptance being May 1, 2016. Obviously interviews stop way before then, but you get the idea.

And actually did say they wanted to be fair to all applicants as @catoshiro said.

Thank you very much for your replies. I actually kind of worrying about that because my application processed on 08/03. I just began to see the batch getting interviews.

I just got an invite for an interview today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys! I wish you all the best! :highfive:

School: UTHSC Houston
Acceptance date: 12/01/15 @ 7:30 am
Application received date: 7/16/15
Application completed: 8/19/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.97, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/21/no

Now I need to make a decision between San Antonio and Houston :( Any suggestions?

A little town on the southern tip of Texas called Brownsville. How about you?

Hey guys! I wish you all the best! :highfive:

School: UTHSC Houston
Acceptance date: 12/01/15 @ 7:30 am
Application received date: 7/16/15
Application completed: 8/19/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.97, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/21/no

Now I need to make a decision between San Antonio and Houston :( Any suggestions?
I'm desperate for a Houston, so I suggest you choose SA.

But I mean, your choice.

I'm from Houston, actually. Is Brownsville in the valley?

Do you mean if I'm in the waitlist?

I mean they probably done for Dec 1st, so the next round is in January. Can't be lazy for the final now :(.

So who's making the fb group page?!