***The Official UT Houston Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Thank you so much for the update!!! Keeping fingers crossed I hear something I really really would like some good news!!! How do you think they are sending out new offers next week?
I know last time that they sent offers was Jan 11th and each applicant has 30 days to make decision. Since today is holiday and they usually send out on Mondays I am assuming some good news will come out next week.

Members don't see this ad.

Just received the acceptance offer from school. Good luck everyone.

Sent from my HTC One using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
First acceptance!! I'm so excited! :)

School: UTHSC Houston
Acceptance date: 02/16/16 @ 10:01 AM
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
Application received date: 9/14/15
Application completed: 8/11/15
GPA (overall): 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 17/17/20/20/no

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those who made it. As for me ....losing hope.....

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how full the class is now and how many acceptances they sent out this time?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody know if they are still sending offers out? I had an interview before December and I'm still waiting on a decision
Is the class full?

Does anybody know if they are still sending offers out? I had an interview before December and I'm still waiting on a decision
Is the class full?

Likewise. I'm still waiting to see what happens.

Yea I don't think it is either. When did you interview in Houton?
November! You? And has anyone heard anything today?!? I just got an offer for San Antonio Last week, but still waiting on Houston

November! You? And has anyone heard anything today?!? I just got an offer for San Antonio Last week, but still waiting on Houston
Wow! Just got accepted March 4th! @ 2:41 pm!
19 overall Dat score (18+ in every section)
3.7 GPA
2nd year to apply to dental schools.
Texas resident
Graduated Dec 2014

Goodluck to everyone else!!!

Reactions: 5 users
3.7 GPA
Texas resident
Graduated Dec 2014

Nice! Which school will you be choosing?

3.7 GPA
Texas resident
Graduated Dec 2014

Comgrats!

3.7 GPA
Texas resident
Graduated Dec 2014

You dropping SA?

3.7 GPA
Texas resident
Graduated Dec 2014

Congrats!!! I'm still waiting. I got interviewed back in November

So they don't do acceptance on Monday but any day instead?

One of my friends got his official rejection letter from UT Houston. He interviewed there in November I believe.

I feel like I've seen a lot of people with lower stats get in to Houston compared to the other schools?

Reactions: 2 users
Lol your guess is as good as mine? All i have heard is that the class is really "diverse" this year.

As what I understand Houston does not pay attention that much to stats. They have lots of different factors other than stat that they consider.

Sent from my HTC One using SDN mobile

True.I think they try to get a wide variety of people. So in order to do that, stats can't always be a huge factor. The other two schools seem to really focus on stats first.

I don't know if it's true but I just heard word that Houston is at capacity for the class of 2020. :(

Last edited:
Not reapplying til this coming cycle but keeping up with this school's thread (my top choice) keeps me motivated. Congrats y'all! Keep fighting the good fight everyone!

I don't think the class is full yet. They probably will start making major movement on April 1st and forward.

I was told by a reliable UTSD staff member that the class was filled. Further acceptances will be on a rolling basis.

Last edited:
...I emailed Dr. Galindo two days ago and she said that they have a few seats that they are needing to fill so they will continue making offers until the class is filled

Hey Guys...This is Sameer Jain...I am a 1st year resident in Endodontics at UT Houston...I was referred here by a friend at the school...I just got an apartment at UT Housing:
I have a 1 room available on a permanent basis in a 2-Bedroom/2-Bathroom Apartment starting April 1, 2016. Rent $415 + Utilities

Please pass on this message on the UTSD Group for Class of 2020.
email me if interested
[email protected] /
[email protected]