***The Official UT Houston Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Houston is still giving out interviews?

Don't be sad, let continue what we are doing ( final :confused:). Houston only sent 40-50 acceptances. By looking at SDN, it likes 50 accept 50 deny.

So they sent out 50 rejections as well as acceptances?

So they sent out 50 rejections as well as acceptances?
No, I think he meant they sent out 50 acceptances and it seems like, based on SDN, it's 50/50 as far as people accepting the offer. For example, some people got in to both San Antonio and Houston and they might choose San A instead, aka deny Houston. Baylor instead of Houston, etc.

In other words, if Houston sent out 50 offers on December 1st you can safely assume not everyone accepted the offer and there are 50+ seats still available to be given out.

Historically, they've needed around ~150 offers to fill 100 seats. So, still plenty of seats and time to go...

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who has gotten into UT Houston received a formal letter in the mail? I haven't gotten anything from them since the first email on Dec 1, so just curious!

Reactions: 1 user
Nope. I don't think they send snail mail

Has anyone who has gotten into UT Houston received a formal letter in the mail? I haven't gotten anything from them since the first email on Dec 1, so just curious!

I am a first year and they only send an acceptance email!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys, I just got an interview invitation this afternoon... Anyone wants to share their interview experiences, such as formats and things to expect?
Thanks

Hi guys, I just got an interview invitation this afternoon... Anyone wants to share their interview experiences, such as formats and things to expect?
Thanks

Congrats! I had my interview in Houston on November 17th. Starting early in the morning they gave a presentation about the Dental school and then around 10am, they split the interview group into 2. One goes on a tour of the school and the other half gets picked up by different members of the Dental Clinical Directors for a one on one interview for about an hour. After an hour the 2 groups switched. Then you join the rest of the interviewing group for lunch with D1-D4 students there to welcome and answer any questions you may have at noon. After that some more presentations all the way until 3pm. Before leaving the school, they sized us for our White Coat Ceremony!

Congrats! I had my interview in Houston on November 17th. Starting early in the morning they gave a presentation about the Dental school and then around 10am, they split the interview group into 2. One goes on a tour of the school and the other half gets picked up by different members of the Dental Clinical Directors for a one on one interview for about an hour. After an hour the 2 groups switched. Then you join the rest of the interviewing group for lunch with D1-D4 students there to welcome and answer any questions you may have at noon. After that some more presentations all the way until 3pm. Before leaving the school, they sized us for our White Coat Ceremony!
Thanks for the heads up!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone had early interviews but have heard anything after Dec 1st yet?? I had an interview for Houston and San Antonio before December and am now waiting.... Nervous!!!

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone had early interviews but have heard anything after Dec 1st yet?? I had an interview for Houston and San Antonio before December and am now waiting.... Nervous!!!

I had my interview before December 1st. I'm still waiting too. I turned my application (super late) on October 1st and was surprised to hear back from any school within a month for an interview. I'm being proactive and getting ready to reapply if I have to when the next application cycle opens up in May.

Does anyone know the dates UTSD will be sending out acceptances?

Accepted today at 10:27 am!! So excited!!!

Acceptance#5
School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 1/11/16
Method of notification: E-mail@ 10:27am
Residency:Tx
Interview Date: 11/10/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.69, 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/19/19/21/QR12

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats y'all!! Hope to meet and join those going to Houston in August!!

Acceptance#5
School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 1/11/16
Method of notification: E-mail@ 10:27am
Residency:Tx
Interview Date: 11/10/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.69, 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/19/19/21/QR12
Congrats on your acceptance! If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me if they asked a lot of difficult questions during interview? I am a Texas resident and this is my only interview in Texas. I am really nervous. Thank you!

Congrats on your acceptance! If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me if they asked a lot of difficult questions during interview? I am a Texas resident and this is my only interview in Texas. I am really nervous.
Thanks!
The interviewers have a list of questions that they have to ask. My interviewer was like "So i'm gonna ask you these questions on this form and fill it out as you talk. So if it seems like i'm not listening don't worry." Lol. My interviewer didn't ask anything too crazy. I think the most difficult question was "Tell me about a time you had an ethical problem in college." Or something along those lines. Other than that the questions were pretty standard.

Don't worry you will do great!

So its safe to assume I most likely won't hear anything (acceptance wise) until possibly after Feb 11th?? Since I did not hear anything today?

Thanks!
The interviewers have a list of questions that they have to ask. My interviewer was like "So i'm gonna ask you these questions on this form and fill it out as you talk. So if it seems like i'm not listening don't worry." Lol. My interviewer didn't ask anything too crazy. I think the most difficult question was "Tell me about a time you had an ethical problem in college." Or something along those lines. Other than that the questions were pretty standard.

Don't worry you will do great!
Many thanks to you! I'll try and hope for the best. :)

So its safe to assume I most likely won't hear anything (acceptance wise) until possibly after Feb 11th?? Since I did not hear anything today?
Maybe...
It might be sooner if people that were accepted today accept/reject their acceptance quickly.

Which school are you deciding on going and how much time did they give you to respond to the offer?

I got accepted to Baylor on Dec. 1 and I had to accept their invitation by Jan. 8, but now that I got Houston's acceptance I withdrew my application from Baylor! So hopefully someone amazing gets my spot there. :)

Has anyone received any late interviews? From last years thread, it seems like they gave some interview invites out around this time :nailbiting:

Hello there. Yes, I had my interview on Jan, 12th. They said they have 2 more interviews. One of them is today the 19th and the other one is 26th.

I got accepted to Baylor on Dec. 1 and I had to accept their invitation by Jan. 8, but now that I got Houston's acceptance I withdrew my application from Baylor! So hopefully someone amazing gets my spot there. :)
Did you had to put down a deposit for Baylor?

Has anyone heard anything after the 11th yet. Waiting = stressful

people have until Feb 11 to decide, unlikely to send out any other acceptance until then

Are there anymore interviews for this cycle?

Any new acceptances? I thought we might hear something this week since it's the end of the month

Is there any way of knowing if our letter of intent was received by the school? I keep getting paranoid it got lost in the mail :x

Has anyone heard anything about how much the class has been filled at this point?

Has anyone heard anything about how much the class has been filled at this point?
I know that school is closed today due to holiday. They suppose to send out some letters by next week I think. I had my interview late Jan. They said class is less than half full.

Sent from my HTC One using SDN mobile app

If you don't receive an email from the school about them not getting your letter of intent, then they have it. Rene told me that she only contacts those who haven't sent theirs/if there were problems of any kind.

I know that school is closed today due to holiday. They suppose to send out some letters by next week I think. I had my interview late Jan. They said class is less than half full.

Sent from my HTC One using SDN mobile app
Thank you so much for the update!!! Keeping fingers crossed I hear something I really really would like some good news!!! How do you think they are sending out new offers next week?