You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UTHSC-SA Class of 2020 Acceptance/Interview/Rejection Thread***
Started by Dentalogist
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
anyone heard anything yet from them?
San Antonio doesn't start interviews till September. Invites probably won't be sent till mid August if we go by the 2-3 weeks notice.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello guys,
Was wondering if anyone knows there's a fee or supplemental app required? I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm also applying from OOS
Was wondering if anyone knows there's a fee or supplemental app required? I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm also applying from OOS
Hello guys,
Was wondering if anyone knows there's a fee or supplemental app required? I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm also applying from OOS
there isn't.
Thanks!there isn't.
San Antonio doesn't start interviews till September. Invites probably won't be sent till mid August if we go by the 2-3 weeks notice.
That's actually not true! The first interview was 8/3 this year. They have been having them every Monday since then.
Source?That's actually not true! The first interview was 8/3 this year. They have been having them every Monday since then.
My interview there is next Monday and I was given the choice from all the Monday's in August. Also, the UTSA secondary thread talks about this.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...plication-thread.1133938/page-2#post-16717468
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...plication-thread.1133938/page-2#post-16717468
LOL, this is the dental forum bro. You linked to medMy interview there is next Monday and I was given the choice from all the Monday's in August. Also, the UTSA secondary thread talks about this.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...plication-thread.1133938/page-2#post-16717468
School: UTHSC San Antonio
Notification date: 8/18/15
Interview date: 9/14/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/16/15
Application received date/s: 6/16/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.72, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/27/no
Notification date: 8/18/15
Interview date: 9/14/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/16/15
Application received date/s: 6/16/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.72, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/27/no
Do you know if this is the first day of interviews?School: UTHSC San Antonio
Notification date: 8/18/15
Interview date: 9/14/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/16/15
Application received date/s: 6/16/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.72, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/27/no
last year SA interviewed 29 and 4 enrolled.They do accept a very low percentage of OOS students, don't they?
@Dentalkid20 no interviews have already started.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@jsptr986 Do you know when they started?
im not exactly sure but i think at the beginning of august.@jsptr986 Do you know when they started?
Hey guys! I wish you all the best! 
School: UTHSC San Antonio
Notification date: 8/25/15
Interview date: 9/21/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
Application received date: 7/16/15
Application completed: 8/19/15 [my dentist took a while to complete the evaluation letter 😢]
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.97, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/21/no

School: UTHSC San Antonio
Notification date: 8/25/15
Interview date: 9/21/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
Application received date: 7/16/15
Application completed: 8/19/15 [my dentist took a while to complete the evaluation letter 😢]
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.97, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/21/no
Last edited:
*cricket*
They didn't even send a confirmation that they received my application... Is this normal?*cricket*
They didn't even send a confirmation that they received my application... Is this normal?
Mmm mine took about a week to get a confirmation email from the time it was mailed out by TMDSAS.
Hm maybe i'll call.Mmm mine took about a week to get a confirmation email from the time it was mailed out by TMDSAS.
Hm maybe i'll call.
Might be in your junk mail?
I don't think so. I've been checking my junk mail religiously since my application was processed.Might be in your junk mail?
SA show me some love! Pleaseeeeee
Have anyone heard anything from SA lately? Are they still sending out invites? Pre-dec? Post-dec?
I emailed them last week. They told me they're still sending invites but they send them 2-3 weeks in advance so i assume they're almost done sending pre-december interviews if they haven't finished already. They also said they interview from September through the end of January so there's still time.Have anyone heard anything from SA lately? Are they still sending out invites? Pre-dec? Post-dec?
I guess i spoke too soon. Just checked my junk mail and there it was....🙂
Also its a pre-december interview.
Interview
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 11/9/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
TMDSAS mail-out date: 9/14/15
Application complete date: 8/25/15
Also its a pre-december interview.
Interview
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 11/9/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
TMDSAS mail-out date: 9/14/15
Application complete date: 8/25/15
Last edited:
Dang. Talk about luck!I guess i spoke too soon. Just checked my junk mail and there it was....🙂
Also its a pre-december interview.
Interview
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 11/9/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
TMDSAS mail-out date: 9/14/15
Application complete date: 8/25/15
SA, no words and keyboard can even describe how desperate I am..
Though, I called uthscsa today to check on my application status, and the nice lady on the phone said she cant give out any status on my application and if I wanna know, I have to contact TMDSAS...
Though, I called uthscsa today to check on my application status, and the nice lady on the phone said she cant give out any status on my application and if I wanna know, I have to contact TMDSAS...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SA, no words and keyboard can even describe how desperate I am..
Though, I called uthscsa today to check on my application status, and the nice lady on the phone said she cant give out any status on my application and if I wanna know, I have to contact TMDSAS...
Don't stress yourself out! Tmdsas can't tell you anything beyond your application mail date. I was mailed out at the end of July and got an interview for 10/26. My friend was mailed out in September and she got an interview for the Monday after mine. It seems that certain things pull up an app before others or they follow a formula. Either way, just take comfort in the fact that they interview well after Dec 1. You have other tx interviews yea?
Wow. That's is supportive to here. Thanks. I need that. 🙂)Don't stress yourself out! Tmdsas can't tell you anything beyond your application mail date. I was mailed out at the end of July and got an interview for 10/26. My friend was mailed out in September and she got an interview for the Monday after mine. It seems that certain things pull up an app before others or they follow a formula. Either way, just take comfort in the fact that they interview well after Dec 1. You have other tx interviews yea?
Yes, I had Houston a few weeks ago.
Wow. That's is supportive to here. Thanks. I need that. 🙂)
Yes, I had Houston a few weeks ago.
I mean we should be supportive to each other right? We're all gonna be colleagues in the end. it's impossible to go on the road to becoming a dentist alone and also be successful. And that's good, good luck with this cycle!
You sir are my hero.I mean we should be supportive to each other right? We're all gonna be colleagues in the end. it's impossible to go on the road to becoming a dentist alone and also be successful. And that's good, good luck with this cycle!
Good luck with the cycle. hope to be your classmate, mate!
Amen.I mean we should be supportive to each other right? We're all gonna be colleagues in the end. it's impossible to go on the road to becoming a dentist alone and also be successful. And that's good, good luck with this cycle!
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 11/19/15
Interview date: 12/7/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application received date/s: 7/28/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.79, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/18/18/30/no
Notification date: 11/19/15
Interview date: 12/7/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application received date/s: 7/28/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.79, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/18/18/30/no
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 11/19/15
Interview date: 12/7/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application received date/s: 7/28/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.79, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/18/18/30/no
30!

Hey guys! I was accepted!! 
School: UTHSC San Antonio
Acceptance date: 12/01/15 @ 12 am
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
Application received date: 7/16/15
Application completed: 8/19/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.97, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/21/no

School: UTHSC San Antonio
Acceptance date: 12/01/15 @ 12 am
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
Application received date: 7/16/15
Application completed: 8/19/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.97, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/21/no
To all you guys getting your acceptances today, congrats! I am a current DS1 and I would LOVE to answer any questions you guys may have. Also, even if you DIDN'T get in today don't wave the white flag just yet-I got my acceptance in January and I know of classmates who didn't get in until April! Also, there is a facebook group for you guys "UTHSCSA Dental School Class of 2020". I look forward to meeting you guys!
Last edited:
Was your interview pre-december?To all you guys getting your acceptances today, congrats! I am a current DS1 and I would LOVE to answer any questions you guys may have. Also, even if you DIDN'T get in today don't wave the white flag just yet-I got my acceptance in January and I know of classmates who didn't get in until April! Also, there is a facebook group for you guys "UTHSCSA Dental School Class of 2020". I look forward to meeting you guys!
To all you guys getting your acceptances today, congrats! I am a current DS1 and I would LOVE to answer any questions you guys may have. Also, even if you DIDN'T get in today don't wave the white flag just yet-I got my acceptance in January and I know of classmates who didn't get in until April! Also, there is a facebook group for you guys "UTHSCSA Dental School Class of 2020". I look forward to meeting you guys!
Would you mind posting the link to the FB page? I searched for it but I couldn't find it
Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1654088644869545Would you mind posting the link to the FB page? I searched for it but I couldn't find it :/
Was your interview pre-december?
I interviewed in october, but I have classmates that interviewed in december!
Ahhh! Did they let you know you were on their waitlist? Or you just waited it out?I interviewed in october, but I have classmates that interviewed in december!
Ahhh! Did they let you know you were on their waitlist? Or you just waited it out?
They don't release the wait list until May I believe, it was two years ago so its been a hot minute! I remember calling them and they wouldn't tell me where I sat on the wait list, though, which was a bummer. If you didn't get in, it never hurts to call and ask about your application. They can't tell you much but it gets your name out there which never hurts!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Random after thought (and something that I wish I had know when I was going through the acceptance process) is a good number of people who received a December 1st acceptance get them from multiple schools, and that these schools (Houston and SA for sure, I am not positive about Baylor) only send out a partial acceptance list and do not look to fill their class on the first round. I have also heard that this applies for the second round of acceptances, but I do not know for certain. So don't be discouraged if you haven't heard anything!
That would be awesome if they still haven't sent out all of their acceptances! I am praying that I will wake up one day and see a SA acceptances ^_^ Do you know when the next round of acceptances come in? A month maybe?Random after thought (and something that I wish I had know when I was going through the acceptance process) is a good number of people who received a December 1st acceptance get them from multiple schools, and that these schools (Houston and SA for sure, I am not positive about Baylor) only send out a partial acceptance list and do not look to fill their class on the first round. I have also heard that this applies for the second round of acceptances, but I do not know for certain. So don't be discouraged if you haven't heard anything!
That would be awesome if they still haven't sent out all of their acceptances! I am praying that I will wake up one day and see a SA acceptances ^_^ Do you know when the next round of acceptances come in? A month maybe?
Last year they sent out the second round at the end of January. Fingers crossed for you!
Does anyone know if San Antonio is still giving our interview spots?
To all you guys getting your acceptances today, congrats! I am a current DS1 and I would LOVE to answer any questions you guys may have. Also, even if you DIDN'T get in today don't wave the white flag just yet-I got my acceptance in January and I know of classmates who didn't get in until April! Also, there is a facebook group for you guys "UTHSCSA Dental School Class of 2020". I look forward to meeting you guys!
Hi txokie308, thanks for the welcome!
Does UTHSCSA still offer the option to test out of Biochemistry? I've heard it's extremely difficult, but I'd still like to give it a shot!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K