***The Official UTHSC-SA Class of 2020 Acceptance/Interview/Rejection Thread***

Dentalogist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

San Antonio doesn't start interviews till September. Invites probably won't be sent till mid August if we go by the 2-3 weeks notice.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys,
Was wondering if anyone knows there's a fee or supplemental app required? I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm also applying from OOS

Hello guys,
Was wondering if anyone knows there's a fee or supplemental app required? I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm also applying from OOS

there isn't.

Reactions: 1 user
San Antonio doesn't start interviews till September. Invites probably won't be sent till mid August if we go by the 2-3 weeks notice.

That's actually not true! The first interview was 8/3 this year. They have been having them every Monday since then.

Aw man, my bad haha, the thread didn't say dental anywhere. Do you guys know if there is a medical version of this thread?

School: UTHSC San Antonio
Notification date: 8/18/15
Interview date: 9/14/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/16/15
Application received date/s: 6/16/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.72, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/27/no

Reactions: 2 users
Notification date: 8/18/15
Interview date: 9/14/15
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/16/15
Application received date/s: 6/16/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.72, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/22/27/no
Do you know if this is the first day of interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
They do accept a very low percentage of OOS students, don't they?

Hey guys! I wish you all the best! :highfive:

Notification date: 8/25/15
Interview date: 9/21/15
Application received date: 7/16/15
Application completed: 8/19/15 [my dentist took a while to complete the evaluation letter :cryi:]
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.97, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/21/no

Last edited:
They didn't even send a confirmation that they received my application... Is this normal?

Mmm mine took about a week to get a confirmation email from the time it was mailed out by TMDSAS.

SA show me some love! Pleaseeeeee

Have anyone heard anything from SA lately? Are they still sending out invites? Pre-dec? Post-dec?

Have anyone heard anything from SA lately? Are they still sending out invites? Pre-dec? Post-dec?
I emailed them last week. They told me they're still sending invites but they send them 2-3 weeks in advance so i assume they're almost done sending pre-december interviews if they haven't finished already. They also said they interview from September through the end of January so there's still time.

I guess i spoke too soon. Just checked my junk mail and there it was....:)
Also its a pre-december interview.
Interview
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 11/9/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
TMDSAS mail-out date: 9/14/15
Application complete date: 8/25/15

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I guess i spoke too soon. Just checked my junk mail and there it was....:)
Also its a pre-december interview.
Interview
Notification date: 11/9/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
TMDSAS mail-out date: 9/14/15
Application complete date: 8/25/15
Dang. Talk about luck!

SA, no words and keyboard can even describe how desperate I am..

Though, I called uthscsa today to check on my application status, and the nice lady on the phone said she cant give out any status on my application and if I wanna know, I have to contact TMDSAS...

SA, no words and keyboard can even describe how desperate I am..

Though, I called uthscsa today to check on my application status, and the nice lady on the phone said she cant give out any status on my application and if I wanna know, I have to contact TMDSAS...

Don't stress yourself out! Tmdsas can't tell you anything beyond your application mail date. I was mailed out at the end of July and got an interview for 10/26. My friend was mailed out in September and she got an interview for the Monday after mine. It seems that certain things pull up an app before others or they follow a formula. Either way, just take comfort in the fact that they interview well after Dec 1. You have other tx interviews yea?

Don't stress yourself out! Tmdsas can't tell you anything beyond your application mail date. I was mailed out at the end of July and got an interview for 10/26. My friend was mailed out in September and she got an interview for the Monday after mine. It seems that certain things pull up an app before others or they follow a formula. Either way, just take comfort in the fact that they interview well after Dec 1. You have other tx interviews yea?
Wow. That's is supportive to here. Thanks. I need that. :))
Yes, I had Houston a few weeks ago.

Wow. That's is supportive to here. Thanks. I need that. :))
Yes, I had Houston a few weeks ago.

I mean we should be supportive to each other right? We're all gonna be colleagues in the end. it's impossible to go on the road to becoming a dentist alone and also be successful. And that's good, good luck with this cycle!

Reactions: 3 users
I mean we should be supportive to each other right? We're all gonna be colleagues in the end. it's impossible to go on the road to becoming a dentist alone and also be successful. And that's good, good luck with this cycle!
You sir are my hero.
Good luck with the cycle. hope to be your classmate, mate!

Amen.

Notification date: 11/19/15
Interview date: 12/7/15
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application received date/s: 7/28/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.79, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/18/18/30/no

Notification date: 11/19/15
Interview date: 12/7/15
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application received date/s: 7/28/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.79, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/18/18/30/no

30! :bow:

Hey guys! I was accepted!! :highfive:

Acceptance date: 12/01/15 @ 12 am
Application received date: 7/16/15
Application completed: 8/19/15
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.97, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/24/21/no

To all you guys getting your acceptances today, congrats! I am a current DS1 and I would LOVE to answer any questions you guys may have. Also, even if you DIDN'T get in today don't wave the white flag just yet-I got my acceptance in January and I know of classmates who didn't get in until April! Also, there is a facebook group for you guys "UTHSCSA Dental School Class of 2020". I look forward to meeting you guys!

Last edited:
To all you guys getting your acceptances today, congrats! I am a current DS1 and I would LOVE to answer any questions you guys may have. Also, even if you DIDN'T get in today don't wave the white flag just yet-I got my acceptance in January and I know of classmates who didn't get in until April! Also, there is a facebook group for you guys "UTHSCSA Dental School Class of 2020". I look forward to meeting you guys!
Was your interview pre-december?

Would you mind posting the link to the FB page? I searched for it but I couldn't find it

Last edited:
I interviewed in october, but I have classmates that interviewed in december!
Ahhh! Did they let you know you were on their waitlist? Or you just waited it out?

Ahhh! Did they let you know you were on their waitlist? Or you just waited it out?

They don't release the wait list until May I believe, it was two years ago so its been a hot minute! I remember calling them and they wouldn't tell me where I sat on the wait list, though, which was a bummer. If you didn't get in, it never hurts to call and ask about your application. They can't tell you much but it gets your name out there which never hurts!

Random after thought (and something that I wish I had know when I was going through the acceptance process) is a good number of people who received a December 1st acceptance get them from multiple schools, and that these schools (Houston and SA for sure, I am not positive about Baylor) only send out a partial acceptance list and do not look to fill their class on the first round. I have also heard that this applies for the second round of acceptances, but I do not know for certain. So don't be discouraged if you haven't heard anything!

Random after thought (and something that I wish I had know when I was going through the acceptance process) is a good number of people who received a December 1st acceptance get them from multiple schools, and that these schools (Houston and SA for sure, I am not positive about Baylor) only send out a partial acceptance list and do not look to fill their class on the first round. I have also heard that this applies for the second round of acceptances, but I do not know for certain. So don't be discouraged if you haven't heard anything!
That would be awesome if they still haven't sent out all of their acceptances! I am praying that I will wake up one day and see a SA acceptances ^_^ Do you know when the next round of acceptances come in? A month maybe?

That would be awesome if they still haven't sent out all of their acceptances! I am praying that I will wake up one day and see a SA acceptances ^_^ Do you know when the next round of acceptances come in? A month maybe?

Last year they sent out the second round at the end of January. Fingers crossed for you!

Does anyone know if San Antonio is still giving our interview spots?

Hi txokie308, thanks for the welcome!
Does UTHSCSA still offer the option to test out of Biochemistry? I've heard it's extremely difficult, but I'd still like to give it a shot!