***The Official UTHSC-San Antonio C/O 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Gonna have to make a tough decision now between houston and SA... But Houston it is!
Congrats! Are you accepting?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
PLeaseeee pick Houston!!...some people like mee who were only interviewed at SA are not as fortunate enough to CHOOSE lol

Members don't see this ad :)
lol i would be cuter if SA accepted me already :p

I'm choosing Houston for several reasons. So many wonderful people helped me get into Houston and I am so grateful towards them for that. Also I am choosing Houston because of how much I liked the interview and the people at the school. It truely feels like home. I have many great friends in Houston and have found a wonderful church that has become my wife's and my home. Everything points to Houston! A spot at San Antonio will be opening up soon :)

Hey everyone! I was accepted to San Antonio back in January and was accepted to Houston on Monday. I'm having a tough time choosing between the two schools now and I thought you all would have some great feedback. Which school would you prefer to attend if given the choice, and why?
(and yes, I'm posting on multiple threads so I can get the biggest response)
;)

UGHHHH i need to know. Being on the waitlist is so frustrating haha. Anyone gotten any updates?
You were wait-listed at San Antonio???

Wait are you medical? This is a dental thread...

Last edited:
Thank goodness :) that scared me! Haha

Good luck!

lol yeah that scared me too...Dr.Segura said the class should be filled by end of April and then they will start the alternative list..I am soo worried...:(

lol yeah that scared me too...Dr.Segura said the class should be filled by end of April and then they will start the alternative list..I am soo worried...:(

Means there still is a small chance! Stay positive!

did anyone call and get a diffetent answer?

I emailed and got the stock reply of rolling admissions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mid-week. Got a response from Dr. Segura late that evening saying that they were continuing their rolling admissions, but didn't get any sort of ballpark date as to when it should wrap up. I guess that means the class isn't full just yet!

Y'all are so lucky. I'm so sad :shrug:still waiting..... but again congratulations!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks, keep the faith!!!!!

I contacted School and they said they will be starting to put together alternate list next week. anyone got some info on how alternate list works ?

I contacted School and they said they will be starting to put together alternate list next week. anyone got some info on how alternate list works ?

I ask Dr Segura , she said another round of acceptance will be sending this week. so could be today or tmr

Reactions: 1 users
I ask Dr Segura , she said another round of acceptance will be sending this week. so could be today or tmr
Good luck to you, anyone hears anything plz keep us updated, I hope we all hear something soon.

Oh god I hope we hear something soon...

If i get accepted, I will forgive everyone that has hurt me and never hold a grudge again. (I'm pretty sure that's what i said last time lol)

ANY NEWS?

This is what i just got from my email at 4'30pm today

"At this time, no further acceptances are being issued for the entering Class of 2018. Your scores however, are high enough that should someone withdraw their position in the entering class, you will be among those considered for admission. Thus, an alternate pool has been created."

Does anyone know about the alternate list at UTSA? how big is that list? chance of getting off??

btw, did anyone receive this email too?

This is what i just got from my email at 4'30pm today

"At this time, no further acceptances are being issued for the entering Class of 2018. Your scores however, are high enough that should someone withdraw their position in the entering class, you will be among those considered for admission. Thus, an alternate pool has been created."

Does anyone know about the alternate list at UTSA? how big is that list? chance of getting off??

btw, did anyone receive this email too?

Yes i got the same email.

I would have been happy even with that email....didn't receive it...I wonder what that means for me....:(:(

You have any idea about this alternate list?

It's technically May... Lets use our judgments now, what are the chances of people dropping at this time of period? I think it's going to be extremely slim to get in at this point in any Texas school. They might have 1 or 2 spots at the most. Texas schools wont offer you an acceptance if you have accepted another Texas school. If someone is going to drop, they're going to drop for an out-of-state school. Who the fak would do that at this point considering no one is going to offer scholarship this late of the cycle.

Last edited:
It's technically May... Lets use our judgments now, what are the chances of people dropping at this time of period? I think it's going to be extremely slim to get in at this point in any Texas school. They might have 1 or 2 spots at the most. Texas schools wont offer you an acceptance if you have accepted another Texas school. If someone is going to drop, they're going to drop for an out-of-state school. Who the fak would do that at this point considering no one is going to offer scholarship this late of the cycle.
When i interviewed at SA, Dr Segura said they had to drop one student because that student did not meet prep . Therefore, in my opinion, there are many applicants that got accepted and will not finishing all the prep courses by 2nd summer term. Or there might be one who taking courses now and get a grade lower than C. It is possible but not many

Well it's over for me I guess....did I cry a lot? yes I did..but time to pick myself up and reapply, the only issue is I have not done much to improve myself since I completed my Masters in December...what more should I do? any advice?

Well it's over for me I guess....did I cry a lot? yes I did..but time to pick myself up and reapply, the only issue is I have not done much to improve myself since I completed my Masters in December...what more should I do? any advice?

Right there with ya.. Keep your head! We got this next round :)

Got rejection letter this afternoon, anyone else got one ?

6:22pm email
I received mine at same time , no worries man it happens to best of us. I saw that u completed ur masters degree too it's crazy how they don't even take this into consideration. I went to dental hygiene school for two years just to become a stronger applicant , maybe we have a better chance if we apply earlier this year. Good luck to you my friend .

Oh no masters for me.. But thanks! Good luck to you too this round :)

Accepted May 9! 11:57am email :) there is hope!

I received mine at same time , no worries man it happens to best of us. I saw that u completed ur masters degree too it's crazy how they don't even take this into consideration. I went to dental hygiene school for two years just to become a stronger applicant , maybe we have a better chance if we apply earlier this year. Good luck to you my friend .
Did you do hygiene school in SA? I feel like I may have interviewed with you...