***The Official UWSoD Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

At this point is it safe to say that the best chance is a waitlist? Can someone tell us how many people are on the fb group?
I don't want to think they way yet... haha I don't think the class is exactly filled yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
At this point is it safe to say that the best chance is a waitlist? Can someone tell us how many people are on the fb group?

There are currently 43 students and 2 admins in the Facebook group as of 2/4/2017.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think this is the last week before the waitlist comes out right? Campus was closed today so we'll probs hear something tomorrow

I think this is the last week before the waitlist comes out right? Campus was closed today so we'll probs hear something tomorrow
I think they get together later in the week (Thursday) so probably hear back towards the end of this week. It's either this week or next week.

Alright guys is today our last chance?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone called to get an update?

Last edited:
Positive vibes for everyone!

So I just went into the admissions office and talked to Memory directly. She said they're still going down the list and there are very few spots left. They are hoping to form the waitlist by March 1st! She said it is likely no one will hear anything next week but possibly the week after. Good luck everybody! (Oh, and calls are usually Thursday afternoons)
She also said if you're waiting on them to not hesitate to accept a spot elsewhere in the mean time if it's coming down to that

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just went into the admissions office and talked to Memory directly. She said they're still going down the list and there are very few spots left. They are hoping to form the waitlist by March 1st! She said it is likely no one will hear anything next week but possibly the week after. Good luck everybody! (Oh, and calls are usually Thursday afternoons)
She also said if you're waiting on them to not hesitate to accept a spot elsewhere in the mean time if it's coming down to that

I was thinking about going in person but figured they'd be too busy. That's good to know. Thanks for letting us know! Bolded section makes me nervous.....

Damn that sucks :/

Schools deposits are expensive

I was thinking about going in person but figured they'd be too busy. That's good to know. Thanks for letting us know! Bolded section makes me nervous.....

Yeah, I was already in the building anyways so I figured I'd swing by. And I'm happy I could help!
Yeah, I asked if there were about 20 spots left and she said more like single digits. So it's a little nerve wracking, but we'll know soon!

Yeah, I was already in the building anyways so I figured I'd swing by. And I'm happy I could help!
Yeah, I asked if there were about 20 spots left and she said more like single digits. So it's a little nerve wracking, but we'll know soon!
Yeah I assumed at this stage, there would be less than 10 spots left.

Well this next week should be it! Still praying for one of those last seats! Good luck to everyone still waiting and hopefully we get some good news next week!

I was fortunate enough to get into OHSU and need to pay deposit. Wondering if I should try to wait it out for UW before submitting but I'm afraid I won't hear back in time. Not really tryna waste the deposit money

Depends on when you need to put in the deposit. Honestly, I'd do it now.

^^haha just pay the deposit when it's due -- an okay problem to have my friend

Im one of the admins of the group.
There are currently 46 students on the FB & 6 are class officers from the class of 2020. So basically 40 people are on the FB for this years incoming class.
There are most likely more people accepted than 40, but are not yet aware of the FB group. Just a reminder the total class size is 63. It is safe to say there are probably less than 20 seats left.

With this in mind, if anyone is withholding on making a deposit at another school while waiting to hear back from UW, I would go ahead and make that deposit just to at least ensure a spot somewhere.

I understand it is a stressful time and the fact that every school operates on their own schedule of deadlines does nothing to help in easing anyone's mind. If anyone has any questions or would like to discuss anything, feel free to contact me either on this thread or via personal msg.

Here for you all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
This is like getting rejected by the same girl every week. At what point do I stop caring what the girl thinks?

How many people do they typically take out of the waitlist? I got waitlisted and emailed Sue and she said that I was high up on the waitlist (top 10)...is there any hope?

Shoot, if you already know that you're on the waitlist, that must mean I'm rejected since I haven't heard a thing.

How many people do they typically take out of the waitlist? I got waitlisted and emailed Sue and she said that I was high up on the waitlist (top 10)...is there any hope?
how did you find out you got waitlisted?

Shoot, if you already know that you're on the waitlist, that must mean I'm rejected since I haven't heard a thing.

Ahh, it's okay! We are still on the same boat.. did you get into other schools?

Ahh, it's okay! We are still on the same boat.. did you get into other schools?
As much as I am grateful for an acceptance at another great school, UW would be the dream.

I think it varies -- depends on how many people in front of you decide to drop their spot... Top 10 IMO is a good spot to be.

Did anyone else get a waitlist email as well? I haven't heard anything either.

Congrats though @baegel , top 10 is a good place to be! That's super exciting.

Anyone else who hasn't heard anything? I interviewed Oct 1st and still not a peep...