***The Official Western Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhugs

loves donuts
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread and just really wanted to ask a question haha. Has anyone else who has finished the secondary app still have "CAS App Rec'd" blank? Is this the AADSAS primary app? Mine was mailed 6/24 so wondering if anyone else's has been received or not.

Link to Last Cycle's Thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-of-2020-interview-acceptance-thread.1147609/

WesternU's College of Dental Medicine admissions page:
http://prospective.westernu.edu/dentistry/welcome-2/

Competitive class stats:
http://prospective.westernu.edu/dentistry/competitive/

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Mine is still blank too :/. Mailed out today tho.

Yes, I finished my supplementary already. I actually called them up about that. The CAS field and DAT field entry's will not be updated for a while since they are a bit slow and it refers to your AADSAS application FYI.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I finished my supplementary already. I actually called them up about that. The CAS field and DAT field entry's will not be updated for a while since they are a bit slow and it refers to your AADSAS application FYI.

Ohh, nice thanks! Do you happen to know or did you ask if they'll start looking at apps anyway even though they won't be updated for a while?

Ohh, nice thanks! Do you happen to know or did you ask if they'll start looking at apps anyway even though they won't be updated for a while?
Don't quote me on this, but I think the lady I spoke to says they only will start reviewing applications in August? Your best bet is to call them up, they are EXTREMELY nice :)

Reactions: 1 users
PSA: I just received an email from Enrollment Data Services stating that my application was incomplete. I called in and they said that it is because they haven't gone through AADSAS applications yet.

If you receive the same notice -- don't panic like I did. It's all good. ;)

PSA: I just received an email from Enrollment Data Services stating that my application was incomplete. I called in and they said that it is because they haven't gone through AADSAS applications yet.

If you receive the same notice -- don't panic like I did. It's all good. ;)
Got the same email, so what you're saying is that they haven't pulled any of our data from AADSAS and therefore they don't have anything. Thank god it is not on our end.

Got the same email, so what you're saying is that they haven't pulled any of our data from AADSAS and therefore they don't have anything. Thank god it is not on our end.

Yep! They aren't going to start pulling our AADSAS info for a little while.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yep! They aren't going to start pulling our AADSAS info for a little while.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I like having them send automatic emails giving us a heart attack when in reality, nothing was wrong. When did they say they would actually look at the AADSAS?

Probably won't be getting interview invites for a while then...

Reactions: 1 user
I received an email from Enrollment Data Services yesterday stating that my application was incomplete and kept trying to call and no one ever picked up but checked my portal today and now it is complete even though I didn't do anything... so if you get the email that says it's incomplete maybe just be patient for a day or so to see if the system updates it automatically

Members don't see this ad :)
I never received an email saying my app was incomplete, but I decided to check my status on their portal today. Everything is now received. However, is everyone's "Status" field blank for each entry?

i submitted on june 1st but they still haven't receive my AADSAS application or my DAT scores yet. should i give them a call and just wait it out?

i submitted on june 1st but they still haven't receive my AADSAS application or my DAT scores yet. should i give them a call and just wait it out?
Did you submit their supplemental application?

I would call.. because that's weird. i submitted after you and they have already received my AADSAS, DAT scores, and supplemental

I just got an email from Western saying that they've processed my application and that it's undergoing review. Anyone else?

I just got an email from Western saying that they've processed my application and that it's undergoing review. Anyone else?
No email from them. Did your "Admissions Application/View Application Checklist Login portal" thing get updated with anything new? When was your app. created on their website?

Under "Application Summary - Application Status" it says "Application Materials Received" for me. What does it say for you?

No email from them. Did your "Admissions Application/View Application Checklist Login portal" thing get updated with anything new? When was your app. created on their website?
Nope, nothing changed on my AADSAS portal. When was your AADSAS mailed out? Mine was mailed 7/1 so if yours got mailed later, maybe yours still being processed by Western U?

Nope, nothing changed on my AADSAS portal. When was your AADSAS mailed out? Mine was mailed 7/1 so if yours got mailed later, maybe yours still being processed by Western U?
I'm referring to WesternU's portal btw.

i havent received anything from them...is that a bad sign? am i supposed to do something?

i havent received anything from them...is that a bad sign? am i supposed to do something?
You are supposed to go to WesternU's website and do the secondary there. Some things like adding coursework is pretty long. They also have an optional 1 page essay "Why WesternU?"

You are supposed to go to WesternU's website and do the secondary there. Some things like adding coursework is pretty long. They also have an optional 1 page essay "Why WesternU?"
but did they email you with your log in information and stuff, all the other schools i applied to gave me that info. I didnt receive any email from western to begin with :(

I don't remember correctly but I BELIEVE I made my own account on their website using my AADSAS #. Someone pls correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't remember correctly but I BELIEVE I made my own account on their website using my AADSAS #. Someone pls correct me if I'm wrong.
what do you mean, can you check your email to see what exactly happened. thanks! :)

so what you're saying is that you created your own account? they didnt email you? before all of this?
WesternU only emails you if they've processed your AADSAS. Their secondary, you have to find on your own without them notifying applicants. Sucks, I know, but the faculty there are SUPER nice!

WesternU only emails you if they've processed your AADSAS. Their secondary, you have to find on your own without them notifying applicants. Sucks, I know, but the faculty there are SUPER nice!
wow thank you for telling me, or else i would have just waited for ever....

thank you

so we just fill it out right? and send by mail?

thank you

No problem! 2 things you gotta fill out: their online application, and the fillable pdf listing your BCP courses. You have to print it then scan it then email it to [email protected]

thank you

There's an online submission and a form for pre-reqs that you need to email

There's an online submission and a form for pre-reqs that you need to email

okay so kinda confused..

there is a secondary application online to fill

a prereq form, i print it fill it out, scan it and email it to them

whats the check list about, what do i do to that

okay so kinda confused..

I didn't do anything with the checklist :eek:. You don't need to send it or anything, it's just for you keeping track of things.

Fill the online secondary, pay them $60, and email the pdf separately. Why they don't include it all on the login part of the website, idk.

okay so kinda confused..

You don't really need to do that -- that's just for your reference to make sure you did everything.

I didn't do anything with the checklist :eek:. You don't need to send it or anything, it's just for you keeping track of things.
I even waited to respond and refreshed to make sure this didn't happen again......... :mad: lol!

Reactions: 1 user

Fill the online secondary, pay them $60, and email the pdf separately. Why they don't include it all on the login part of the website, idk.
wow they are really choppy with that, alright thanks! ill fill the online one, pay another 65$ (ugh), and send the prereq pdf! Thanks you guys!!!!!!
:)

Yes, VERY community service oriented. BTW they do not offer specialty programs.

I already completed the supplementary app and my app was created on WesternU on Jun 27th so idk why I didn't get that email yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.